Velvet Waves

There seems to be a bug with my visual style and the latest build of winamp 5 (5.02) :blush:

Here is an updated XML, with improved ease of installation. (just extract to the winamp folder and it should create the right folders)

Please give a shout if you are having problems with it.

5.02 has a new maki compiler, which may be causing errors not with the syle, but with the skin you are trying to use

5.02 has a new maki compiler, which may be causing errors not with the syle, but with the skin you are trying to use

Uhm, well the problem was with the color theme, and i only have the modern skin installed so...

Seems the XML reading has increased in strictness as several colorthemes had to be fixed to work with 5.02 (Just take a look at the community color theme treads at forums.winamp.com for more detailed stories.

i found one problem i cannot solve. when using virtual desktop manager (from microsoft powertoys) the taskbar height becomes one (or two) pixel bigger. the taskbar buttons are then not clickable on the bottommost pixel of the screen which makes the whole "thing" unusable. any suggestions how to solve this problem easily? i think that what i really need to do is to make the taskbar height one pixel bigger, but was unable to do it.

virtual desktops are great. but with broken taskbar is the virtual desktop manager unusable :(

one quick question before installing, since i have not used these installer things before.

will it be applied to all users on my computer, or just the current one?

one quick question before installing, since i have not used these installer things before.

will it be applied to all users on my computer, or just the current one?

just to the current one. i hope ;)

chr_is: Yep, just to the current user. BTW if you'd rather you can always install it manually - see the first post for details.

gew: In order to do that you'd need to open up the msstyle in a resource editor and edit the ini files to increase the top and bottom content margins for the taskbar and taskband buttons. I won't go into details here but I would imagine that someone somewhere has written a guide on how to do it (though I haven't checked).

I didn't know how to fix that bux with fonts. I have extracted Velvet_Waves (for windows blind) and then I copied TNBlank.ttf to C:/WINDOWS/FONTS and installed it. Then I have reloaded them again and nothing new. I opened TNBlank.ttf and couldn't find any fonts for preveiw inside. I downloaded theme again, and afcorse that didn't salve the problem.

So I presume that ttf file is curropted, and would anyone be so kind and put link here or send me it to my e-mail:

Lucifix_ND@hotmail.com

Regards

Lucifixm, are you using Windowblinds or mmstyles?

The TNBlank font is what is says it is...a blank font, which is why you don't see anything in the font preview window. That is how the mmstyle version removed the All Program text from the StartMenu.

Which version of Windowblinds are you using? it needs the latest version, and ewww what ya done to the user pane :o it shouldn't look like that (it looks as though the margins are incorrect...or have you just smeared out your name?)

I am using windowsblinds 4.2 (just downloaded), and don't worry about my name on the top, I just didn't want that everyone would see my last name ;)

And I just change "user picture", but still need some modifications. But that doesn't solve the problem that I am dealing with.

hi, i really like the theme, great work, however i was wondering how is it possible to align font in title bars to be in centre?

thanks.

Open up the msstyle with a resource editor, find the [Window.Caption] and [Window.MaxCaption] sections in the ini files and change the content alignment.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm using Spamihilator to get rid of the spam which contaminate my email accounts. Spamihilator displays a fourth small icon next to close/maximize/minimize. And with Velvet Waves as theme it looks a little bit crooked.

icon.gif

icon2.gif

I don't know if you can do something about that, but i want to let you know :)

CU

Toff