Stratiform for Firefox

I think I have noticed a bug with the latest April 15th build of Stratiform. If I set my tab width and then later I go and drag a tab out of the window to make another window, the tab width resets itself to default and I then have to go and set it again in stratiform options.

I am unsure if it is just affecting just the recent nightlies, or all builds including stable.

same here and tab is default width untill I click on something at start

• 2 weeks later...

Is it true that a Soft7 windows theme, firefox theme is coming to Stratiform?

I just installed the latest Nightly which bumped the version number to 7.0a1, and Stratiform no longer seems to be working :( All of my other extensions seem to be ok though...

neowin needs a thanks button for this stuff lol nice work soapy

You can always upvote the post with the little green plus :p

I just installed the latest Nightly which bumped the version number to 7.0a1, and Stratiform no longer seems to be working :( All of my other extensions seem to be ok though...

Yup. Confirmed even with our dev build. No idea what is happening, but I'm looking into the problem.

Yup. Confirmed even with our dev build. No idea what is happening, but I'm looking into the problem.

Stratiform is working okay for me on the latest nightly (7.0a1). The only thing that isn't working is that I cannot color the App Button anymore. That's the only thing that isn't working.

I have fixed this issue, but I ask that you guys wait a bit longer because 1.2beta is almost finished. If we go ahead and upload a fixed 1.1 it will take a while to get reviewed, then delay the review for 1.2 once it is finished.

Sure thing no problem :)

I've been using 4.0.1 lately due to the Flash bug that freezes Nightly when you try to click on anything Flash related anyways.

1.2beta1

I know I usually have some kind of change log, but I just don't remember all the changes we have made. Give it a try and leave us some feedback. Should work with Firefox 4-7.

Download

• Like 2

I installed it but ran into a few problems. First my tabs height refuses to change no matter which style I have and are squished to a really low height. Also changes don't take place unless I restart the browser. Using Nightly 6.0a1 and Firefox 4.0.1. Disabling my stylish scripts has no effect as well.

I installed it but ran into a few problems. First my tabs height refuses to change no matter which style I have and are squished to a really low height. Also changes don't take place unless I restart the browser. Using Nightly 6.0a1 and Firefox 4.0.1. Disabling my stylish scripts has no effect as well.

If your prefs are not working go to 'chrome://stratiform/content/devtools.xul', click 'Preferences', then click 'Reset'.

You removed in Tab Bar -> Strata40 (squared) option :crazy:

Hmm so people did use that style. We will probably add it back in then.

Looking great! Glad you added in the 5.0 theme design, much prefer it.

As I commented on deviantART, It would be nice if the Nightly/Aurora app button styles were included rather than attempting to find a 'lookalike' colour in the sliders since Stylish doesn't work.

Thanks for the update. I love the Strata50 style option - excellent work as always.

Oh man this new version is fun to mess around with! The best addition is the Background Image for the buttons.

For Icon Styles, will you be adding Chromelike icons?

Now, what if, now bare with me on this one, what if you implemented a button that when pushed, will randomly mix and match a bunch of options together to get something unique?

I'm going to continue messing around with it and if I find any bugs I'll let you know. :)

EDIT: Are you still going to be implementing options for the 3.7 mockups?

SpewBoy's blog entry:

The add-on allows you to mix and match elements from the various iterations of the mockups so you can have say, toolbar buttons from iteration 1 of the Firefox 3.7 mockups, a tab bar from iteration 5 of the Firefox 4 mockups and a set of page and tools buttons instead of the app menu button.

I'm running into a lot of problems with this version...

-In the latest Nightly and Firefox 4, none of the changes take place instantly anymore, they require a program restart

-Tabs are often chopped in half.

-On a fresh profile, the add-on will not install on the latest Nightly

-Having the Operaesque URL bar and the Bookmark star on the left causes the Site Identity button to disappear

I think there are a few more, but these are the biggest ones right now :/

Edit:

After restarting a few times, things are updating realtime... idk, everything seems to be changing, the problems aren't consistent...

I'm running into a lot of problems with this version...

-In the latest Nightly and Firefox 4, none of the changes take place instantly anymore, they require a program restart

-Tabs are often chopped in half.

-On a fresh profile, the add-on will not install on the latest Nightly

-Having the Operaesque URL bar and the Bookmark star on the left causes the Site Identity button to disappear

I think there are a few more, but these are the biggest ones right now :/

Edit:

After restarting a few times, things are updating realtime... idk, everything seems to be changing, the problems aren't consistent...

That is quite weird. I had no issues when I tested on multiple profiles. Maybe some of the problems are related to this bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=660389

You can try setting 'nglayout.debug.disable_xul_cache' to true in about:config.

How it looks with Wave on my own firefox:

magic.png

I used the code you supplied. Do you know how to keep the left margin the same as your picture when you use tabs-on-top in conjunction with tabs in titlebar? Stratiform shifts everything to the right to account for the menu's default position.

I used the code you supplied. Do you know how to keep the left margin the same as your picture when you use tabs-on-top in conjunction with tabs in titlebar? Stratiform shifts everything to the right to account for the menu's default position.

Stratiform calculates the width of the appmenu-button, try to resize the window. That should fix the positioning.

Edit: Ah not for Movable Firefox Button though, I'll see about adding support.

Edit2: You can just mess around with this:

#TabsToolbar {
  -moz-padding-start: 0 !important;
}

It should override the Stratiform setting.

Hi, first congratulations, new version is awesome, run smooth and without problems on Aurora and Nightly (latest as possible) good job ;)

I've only one simple question, is there way to get back default extensions buttons, I need my No Script button as it was by default :D