• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#16 Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

• 5,718 posts
  • Phone: Apple iPhone 4S

Posted 23 February 2011 - 17:55

Sorry, but you may be unable to even fathom the whole picture of what is happening. But until you have even a glimpse of it, please stay out of the debate. This is not about just a console, it is about a companies stack in staying in business and hopefully not losing out on what could be some odd almost billion of dollars to be made. But hell, most people here couldn't even imagine what it would be like to have 1 million dollars no less lose it all to some punks who back engy everything.

It's free, how is there no point? Not all people will hack, and when you can make your own games for friends to join, you have nothing to worry about.

Because every game will have hacked servers/hacking players. Detracts from the fun. Yes you can make private matches but that's not really the point of matchmaking.

#17 SaltLife

SaltLife

Neowinian

• 1,383 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 17:55

This is really disappointing.. I really hope that these newly released 'hacks' do not effect my online experience.

So far I have not had to deal with anything that I would consider a reason to back off of their system. But if the cheating and other crap becomes an everyday occurrence and sony can not control it. I'll have no choice but to leave their platform.

#18 sweetsam

sweetsam

Developer

• 2,449 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 17:56

If I were the top guy in-charge of SONY console I would have hired them and used their expertise to stop people hacking in to the console.

#19 Anooxy

Anooxy

iPhantom

• 1,201 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 500

Freaking narcs what kicks does Sony get sending in people to look at peoples replies? No he doesnt deserve that, you are really retarted all of this for a game console?

Yeah just a gaming console which makes so much money that it's worth doing that. But you'd never understand.

#20 iamawesomewicked

iamawesomewicked

Neowinian Senior

• 6,161 posts

go figure, I guy a car, change the engine and the company reposes the damn thing because I changed something .... no, it is mine, if a drive it down a clift is my own choosing ...

No one is ever going to give a **** who these guys are in 100 years.

Also. Your car analogy fails. No one said you couldn't change the insides of the PS3. You can put ****ing gold fish inside your PS3 if you want.

#21 EricCartmen

EricCartmen

Neowinian

• 82 posts

This. This is why these dumbass "hackers" need to get everything they have coming to them. Lots of people paid LOTS of money for a PS3 and now they're getting screwed over by some retarded "look at me, im entitled to hack PS3 cuz i should be allowed" hackers..

Now people can't really play online without worry. Why should people worry if they're going to be hacked or not? Why should they have the fun of playing online stripped away from them just because some guy wants to cheat to win?

F*** all these whiny bitch hackers.

It is only going to get worse, much worse. Before things were done for fun, the mob is growing angry and will really start smashing Sony, the tools are out there now and probably have gone viral. And what about hackers in countries like Palistine, China, Russia, Iran? Countries where Sony has no reach?

#22 Subject Delta

Subject Delta

Father...it's me, Eleanor

• 10,664 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 17:57

After all of the years it is in service, Xbox live still remains for the most part very secure.

Regardless of whether the corporate shills that heap scorn on hackers like it or not, Sony are equally to blame for their shoddy security.

#23 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 17:58

There is a difference between being a "freedom fighter fighting the power" and just being an "ass to the masses". This falls on the latter. I'm sure they only people who want to see this happen are those who want to mod their consoles for free games anyway. Apparently, everyone has everyone has the right to anything they buy to do whatever they want. I bought this tractor, Ill dig wholes where ever I want on my property, even if I break all the water and gas lines going to everyone else... it's on my property and I bought it.... sorry, that logic only works for the stupid, as you can see by how stupid it sounds.

#24 Anooxy

Anooxy

iPhantom

• 1,201 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 500

Posted 23 February 2011 - 17:59

For all the guys suggesting Sony should ruing the aforementioned lives should find something better to do (ie, go buy a goat or something) ...

while I do not agree with ruining everyone's experience online, I do believe if I buy something it is MINE and not the companie's .... go figure, I guy a car, change the engine and the company reposes the damn thing because I changed something .... no, it is mine, if a drive it down a clift is my own choosing ...

so, i hope these guys get together and fight ... fight until the world will know their names for 100 years

Your analogy is the worst. Geohot released the hack to the public he didn't keep that to himself. If you offer something to others that makes this car company lose billions of dollars then yes, they would take that life out of you.

#25 EricCartmen

EricCartmen

Neowinian

• 82 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 18:00

After all of the years it is in service, Xbox live still remains for the most part very secure.

Regardless of whether the corporate shills that heap scorn on hackers like it or not, Sony are equally to blame for their shoddy security.

I think one of the main reasons is because Microsoft didn't embark on a smash campaign against the hackers. Just roll out an update once and awhile and brick all the hacked consoles and ban all the users. Simple. Sony is angering the mob and we all will suffer, Sony the most.

#26 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 18:00

No one is ever going to give a **** who these guys are in 100 years.

Also. Your car analogy fails. No one said you couldn't change the insides of the PS3. You can put ****ing gold fish inside your PS3 if you want.

Exactly, But you can't mod your car to be so damn loud that it wakes everyone up as you drive. When you start messing with others, no matter by how little, you have lost all personal rights and must enter into society rights. Your rights end at the tip of my nose, ever heard that?

#27 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 19,100 posts
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 23 February 2011 - 18:01

Wow, Sony fans are so defensive, maybe if you paid for PSN sony would be bothered to make it more secure. :laugh:

#28 EricCartmen

EricCartmen

Neowinian

• 82 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 18:02

Wow, Sony fans are so defensive, maybe if you paid for PSN sony would be bothered to make it more secure. :laugh:

Yikes.

#29 still1

still1

Neowinian Senior

• 6,990 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 18:04

well sad that he wont be working on it anymore but i believe with all the core hacking out it getting harder for sony.

#30 Silver47

Silver47

Neowinian

• 414 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 18:04

I just find this amusing that Sony went hell bent mental on the hackers. I feel that Sony has every right to protect its IP BUT should of looked at previous history of when companies go after hackers. They could of found an easier way to approach the situation and defuse it. Hell look at the Jail Breaking community vs Apple.