Photo
official minecraft mojang 4j studios markus persson jens bergensten pc xbox 360 ps3 pocket edition

• Please log in to reply
342 replies to this topic

#1 Jan

Jan

It's not a Navy boat, it's a Gravy boat

• 3,997 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 25 February 2011 - 00:17

cCJCh.png

Minecraft is a sandbox building indie video game written in Java originally by creator Markus "Notch" Persson and now by his company, Mojang, formed from the proceeds of the game. The game is focused on creativity and building, allowing players to build constructions out of textured cubes in a 3D world. The game is divided into two main modes free Classic and paid Final where Classic is focused entirely on construction with unlimited material supply, while Final requires players to acquire resources themselves, and contains mobs, player health, and additional features and items.

Aagas.png

EnderdragonFlying.gif
P1bTO.png

Minecraft.net - £17.95 / $26.95
Minecraft - iOS - £4.99
Minecraft - Android - £4.99
Minecraft - Xbox 360 - £13.50 / $19.99

Minecraft - PS3 - £12.99 / $19.99

Official links

Minecraft.net

Mojang Blog

Minecraft Wiki

Notch's Twitter

Jeb's Twitter

Current versions

PC

Console

Pocket Edition

#2 Reacon

Reacon

[VGW] Woohoo!

• 3,802 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 15:51

I've gotten to the point where I have a full log cabin before the first night, with all needed amenities, minus a furnace dependent on immediate resources.

Minecraft really needs a system of some sort that can keep you occupied with a single house in survival. Because otherwise it just becomes repetitive building with the occas- OH MY GOD FFFFF-

#3 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,714 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:31

I think Adventure mode when it is released will offer more than just the "building". Personally i enjoy it. My first build which was a basic wooden hut with creepers blowing it up, is now a multi-storey fortress that goes all the way up to the sky and deep underwater. Least you can sleep through the night now. That was the only thing that annoyed me... if you wasn't underground, all you could do was hide in a corner with a sword and wait for the morning :laugh:

#4 Timan

Timan

Fade Away...

• 9,680 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 17:41

I just started a server if you guys want to be a part of it.

Purely creative, 20 slot, running bukkit.

Quote to see address:

#5 Bloodwork

Bloodwork

Neowinian Senior

• 2,562 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 20:17

I just started a server if you guys want to be a part of it.

Purely creative, 20 slot, running bukkit.

Going to check it out later!

#6 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,311 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 17:38

Buy Minecraft
Play for 20 minutes
You've experienced the whole game
You wonder why you paid money for it

Why do people like this game again?

#7 +Cupcakes

Cupcakes

#pugs { display: block; }

• 2,682 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 21:35

I decided to hop on the bandwagon last week. Best $20 purchase on a game. I normally have never been a fan of the whole.. build it yourself type or rather something like the Sims. I've had a bunch of fun with this so far.

I was frustrated at getting started at first since I was knew to it. The first few maps generated had no coal within a quick distance and/or near the surface, so I kept getting pooped on. Then I lucked out with one map. Turns out I built right next to a spawner (that just happened to be in a dungeon about 6 blocks from the surface off of the beach.)

Since then I've really just been sticking with multiplayer. Managed to tunnel all the way to bedrock :p Been working in the same area for awhile so I've been trying to convince the other two I play with to venture off elsewhere rather than where we keep working off of.

BTW, I totally have like 5 100% full crates of pork. We had like 4 spawners that would have massive amounts of piggies with the mobs, lol.

#8 Fid

Fid

Do I know you?

• 726 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:20

I spent about an hour+ this morning playing the free version of this on a server and found it amazingly fun. Being around other players while they were building their own things was so interesting and yeah I wasted away several hours. (LOL I built a house and an extra long glass walkway leading from the roof to somewhere else in the map).

So, I decided to buy the game and I've only played it for a few minutes so far... but I think I like building with others really :(.

I know there is multiplayer but it reckons it is "riddled with bugs"... is this the case? What do you all prefer playing?

Also, the performance isn't great on my computer (even though I'm a GTX 275, Quad Core Q6600) for some reason :s

Any ideas or suggestions on this one?

#9 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• 6,536 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 04 March 2011 - 16:46

I spent about an hour+ this morning playing the free version of this on a server and found it amazingly fun. Being around other players while they were building their own things was so interesting and yeah I wasted away several hours. (LOL I built a house and an extra long glass walkway leading from the roof to somewhere else in the map).

So, I decided to buy the game and I've only played it for a few minutes so far... but I think I like building with others really :(.

I know there is multiplayer but it reckons it is "riddled with bugs"... is this the case? What do you all prefer playing?

Also, the performance isn't great on my computer (even though I'm a GTX 275, Quad Core Q6600) for some reason :s

Any ideas or suggestions on this one?

actually multi-player on the beta is pretty good, notch purposefully knocked out most of the bugs before he finally allowed the game into beta

oh and if you want a good fun free server to check out check out "[Blocktopia] Lava Survival"

#10 Udedenkz

Udedenkz

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

• 3,305 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:39

What the hell is this? I was like "Go go magic credit card!" and then it was midnight?!

#11 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• 6,536 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:20

hey everyone check out this world

http://dl.dropbox.co...0/New World.zip

#12 Udedenkz

Udedenkz

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

• 3,305 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:36

So I started digging in close to the shore, I want a giant empty room underground with a glass ceiling which is a few blocks below water.
This requires a massive amount of glass to be placed on the level underwater and mining out the area below and plugging any leaks.

Any tips on how to do this quickly?

#13 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,714 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:04

So I started digging in close to the shore, I want a giant empty room underground with a glass ceiling which is a few blocks below water.
This requires a massive amount of glass to be placed on the level underwater and mining out the area below and plugging any leaks.

Any tips on how to do this quickly?

I did a similar thing once. The way i did it was place the glass onto of some stone blocks underwater and then go underground and smash the blocks away and you'll be left with a glass ceiling. Still took time but it was the best way i could think of at the time. MCEdit would make it easier but it sucks the fun out of it then :laugh:

#14 Pablo2008jedi

Pablo2008jedi

Old Gamer

• 1,459 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:00

Any good servers? Been playing offline now and again. Tried playing with a mate but was difficult to work together online as our times varied.

Looking for a good server to join to have fun!

#15 +da00

da00

Kappa

• 1,637 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1020

Posted 20 March 2011 - 00:44

Posted Image