If anyone here knows a good multi-player sever which {1} is not too complicated with rules and regulations {2} allows built property transfer from version to version {3} has a good (no one to lavabucket your place), not too big, community {4} is not on hard mode, please PM me. I haven't had much of a luck with that....

If anyone here knows a good multi-player sever which {1} is not too complicated with rules and regulations {2} allows built property transfer from version to version {3} has a good (no one to lavabucket your place), not too big, community {4} is not on hard mode, please PM me. I haven't had much of a luck with that....

Join this server: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/331964-renegades-servers-survival-public-whitelisted-servers/ has everything you want.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working on a City for the past month as a boredom cure. (this is all my own work)

8G5ZBl.jpg

I was part of a couple of servers, but one wiped the entire map and changed the rules, the other just vanished off the face of the earth taking all my work with it. :(

It's been a while since I've reading these threads about minecraft... i checked the video on their website and i see some stuff built with blocks and some "doll" ****ting bricks (lol, sorry the expression)... I mean, whats the fuss all about? What's the game about? Howcome it's so addictive? This is a friendly question btw.

It's been a while since I've reading these threads about minecraft... i checked the video on their website and i see some stuff built with blocks and some "doll" ****ting bricks (lol, sorry the expression)... I mean, whats the fuss all about? What's the game about? Howcome it's so addictive? This is a friendly question btw.

Did you ever play with Lego as a child? That is basically what Minecraft is. Virtual lego. You go around placing blocks build anything you want. Share what you've made with friends or build things together. It can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make things you could make a real object or something purely from your imagination.

In my time playing the game (over a year now) I've seen people create huge labyrinths for other players to traverse and I've also seen lots of 'pixel art' where a character or place from real life is re-imagined in the game. I've seen wacky things, and I've even seen computers built in the game that actually computed and stored data.. made from nothing but game blocks. It's a fantastic and creative game that really asks nothing of the player but provides you with a huge canvas for which to experiment and play in its purest form.

You really have to try it :)

Hum, I'm going to have a better look then, I did play Legos as a child, in fact I really liked it, I spent hours building stuff. I'm going to give it a try, is there a spot here to share our "designs" ? :)

Erm.. is it required to buy the game?

Hum, I'm going to have a better look then, I did play Legos as a child, in fact I really liked it, I spent hours building stuff. I'm going to give it a try, is there a spot here to share our "designs" ? :)

Erm.. is it required to buy the game?

To play, yes. It's a paid game, but you can test the Classic version in browser to see what you think. Best to just take the plunge and join multiplayer communities, I wasn't sure I would enjoy it then I got hooked!

To play, yes. It's a paid game, but you can test the Classic version in browser to see what you think. Best to just take the plunge and join multiplayer communities, I wasn't sure I would enjoy it then I got hooked!

This is a major +1 here. I thought I would hate it, many hours later, I love it :D

Loving those bridges, at the moment on the server I regular on I only have a small house, but that's SMP. I prefer Creative mode and just building, and the Creative map isn't loaded for release yet since Bukkit isn't updated just yet.

Haha, I was in the same exact boat you're in a few months ago. I had no idea why the game was so addicting or what it was really about. Then one day I was on the Neowin IRC and the topic came up and I managed to get talked into buying it when they were running their 2 for 1 deal. I gave my friend who also had no idea why the game was so popular my other code and we've been playing it on my personal server almost every day since... :p

the falling sounds were disgusting. very unsettling. but found a way to disable them luckally.