Does anyone know if this is running the latest 1.8 version of Minecraft?

I am tempted to get this so I can play some split screen with my daughter as she loves minecraft, I've only ever played the PC version with her playing pocket edition so it could be nice to play together. She was excited to hear rabbits have been added and is desperate to see them!

Does anyone know if this is running the latest 1.8 version of Minecraft?

I am tempted to get this so I can play some split screen with my daughter as she loves minecraft, I've only ever played the PC version with her playing pocket edition so it could be nice to play together. She was excited to hear rabbits have been added and is desperate to see them!

Like the pocket edition these run to their own completely different versions.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Console_Edition#Gameplay

This might help you decide.

Like the pocket edition these run to their own completely different versions.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Console_Edition#Gameplay

This might help you decide.

Thanks for this but to be honest it's more about the cost. I don't really have that much money so games are bought very sparingly and I know if I do buy this for us to play, I also need a second controller.

She is claiming she will buy the game with her pocket money which as much as I feel bad given I'll probably play it more, I like giving her opportunities to save the little pocket money she does get to help her learn that money doesn't just grow on tree's and you have to work to get there.

The Xbox One version has a massive problem starting a split-screen multi-player game on one console. Every time my kids try it, the whole game freezes. They can however start a single player then join in with the second player. A minor annoyance but still it shouldn't be happening

Buy Minecraft

Play for 20 minutes

You've experienced the whole game

You wonder why you paid money for it

Why do people like this game again?

Kinda wanna know what's so great about it too.

Kinda wanna know what's so great about it too.

IMO it takes a very specific type of person to enjoy this game, but in 20 minutes I highly doubt you can say you've experienced the whole game. I can 100% garuntee that in survival you will not have had enough time or resources to get to the Nether Or the End at the very least.

But this is a game of creation, it can take hours, days or weeks to create some things, but it's up to you what you want to create.

Anyone else had any trouble importing 360 saves?

It tells me it can't find mine :s I'm guessing it requires you to upload to 360 cloud saves?

Go to your Xbox 360 version of Minecraft, go to Play Game, then press Y to upload your Xbox 360 saves to Xbox One. You need to choose them one by one.

The Xbox One version has a massive problem starting a split-screen multi-player game on one console. Every time my kids try it, the whole game freezes. They can however start a single player then join in with the second player. A minor annoyance but still it shouldn't be happening

Never had that happen all weekend. Working great here.

Go to your Xbox 360 version of Minecraft, go to Play Game, then press Y to upload your Xbox 360 saves to Xbox One. You need to choose them one by one.

Never had that happen all weekend. Working great here.

I did it from Memory Management in Settings one by one and it didn't work.

Does it have to be specifically from within the game?

I did it from Memory Management in Settings one by one and it didn't work.

Does it have to be specifically from within the game?

Yes, it has to be on the Xbox 360, with Minecraft running, and one within Minecraft. The day that the Xbox One version came out, there was an updated added to the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft to add an Xbox One upload menu to the game.

Yes, it has to be on the Xbox 360, with Minecraft running, and one within Minecraft. The day that the Xbox One version came out, there was an updated added to the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft to add an Xbox One upload menu to the game.

Thanks, I missed that news. Although, I did boot the game and don't remember an update.

Will try again tomorrow.