[UK] Friday Night Dinner

442356461.jpg

New sitcom from Robert Popper about the gloriously idiosyncratic Goodman family. Starring Simon 'Will from The Inbetweeners' Bird, Tamsin Greig, Paul Ritter, newcomer Tom Rosenthal and guest star Mark Heap.

did anyone watch this?, was really funny and Garth Merenghi was in it! :D

Seen the trailers for this quite a few times, looked pretty funny so going to give the first episode a go.

Surprised it was the first episode last night (I'm guessing)... they seem to have been advertising it for absolutely ages!

Seen the trailers for this quite a few times, looked pretty funny so going to give the first episode a go.

Surprised it was the first episode last night (I'm guessing)... they seem to have been advertising it for absolutely ages!

yeah it was really good, Mark Heap is amazing as he always is, I just fear for Simon Bird because he plays the same character in everything he does!

Was going to mention Mark Heap! I absolutely loved him in Green Wing and he's just as funny in this.

Some quite funny moments in the first ep, particularly when they thought he had left yet so they insult him but then he appears in the room and the dad trying to move the sofa... "S**T ON IT" haha.

Just watched the first 2 episodes tonight. Very good :) :yes:

friend mentioned this show to me the other day, and caught the last 10min of tonight's ep, was actually surprised at how funny it was, gona have to watch the other eps now

:rofl: great episode "they are **** yellow"

not on next week :(

Why isn't it on next week?

Latest episode was great :)

Why isn't it on next week?

Latest episode was great :)

Channel 4 are showing a movie instead to try to counter the Comic Relief

• 2 weeks later...

funny episode this week! :D

Friday Night Dinner rose to nearly 1.5m last night, outperforming Channel 4's 10pm slot average, early viewing figures indicate.

Starring Simon Bird, the sitcom's fourth instalment - titled 'The Dress' - amused 1.24m (6%) and 207k on Channel 4+1, a climb of around 300k viewers on the last episode.

Though Friday Night Dinner was too strong for Law & Order, which had 1.03m (5.7%) on Channel 5, it lost out to Frank Skinner's Opinionated, which returned to BBC Two for a second series with 1.8m (8.3%).

Another great episode! Loving this :D

The phone call was brilliant

I know a few people who comparing this to Inbetweeners, just because Simon Bird stars in it. It's nothing like it, but still really good!

"No...I'm....not...on.....the....toilet!!!!" *flushes*

I was in hysterics when I watched that

'Friday Night Dinner' handed second series

Channel 4 has ordered a second series of Friday Night Dinner.

The comedy, which is still airing its first run, focuses on two young men who return home every Friday night to see their parents.

The cast includes Green Wing stars Tamsin Greig and Mark Heap, Inbetweeners actor Simon Bird, Paul Ritter and Tom Rosenthal.

The show's creator Robert Popper said: "I am so happy to be making a second series of Friday Night Dinner for Channel 4. I can't wait to get writing in the same small room again for eight lonely months, talking to myself at regular intervals and eating far too many biscuits."

Friday Night Dinner had the highest-performing debut episode of a new commissioned sitcom on Channel 4 since 2004 and has continued to do well in the ratings.

The show airs on Fridays at 10pm on Channel 4.

Source: Digitalspy