Aveo5 smoking some tires...

Lol, I am not sure if you noticed, but I was being sarcastic. You drive one of the worst economy cars ever made, and you took out 9 sets of tires doing burnouts? No offense, but your video is no demonstration of your intelligence. (In fact, quite the opposite.)

You're on the road of being a riceboy. I suggest you to stop driving, learn how to respect cars, and don't pretend to be a "car enthusiast". I bet half those people you've "raced" weren't even trying to race you. Last time I was driving a Pontiac G8 GT with the 6.0L V8 and some kid pulled up to me with his POS Cavalier and tried to take me at the lights. Needless to say he was smoked, and I didn't even need to break the speed limit. Of course your 107 horses will be able to do more...

If you want to race, go to a racing school and compete at a track and stop doing stupid things on the road with your crapbox.

I had some momo do that to me too...what is it with cavalier owners. I let the douche keep up till about 60 then blew his doors off as if he put it in reverse, partly because anything slower than that would have resulted in a serious loss in traction with the street tires I had on vs a small 20' patch of rubber @ 60mph. Falken 502's worst tires ever.

Nitto NT555's hook pretty well. Of course I haven't had a chance to test out too many brands that make a 315. Sumotomi was garbage. What's that 302 in anyway?

Here is a dirty pic.

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2713677570085798660JEncjx

Here is an actual engine bay pic (dirty and not as clean as the avatar, but was looking for more of a pristine pic for avatar)

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2612837660085798660nSuzoC

I wish I had the chance to try out the 555r before I sold it (due to family pressure).

The engine bay looks disgusting because of all the emissions crap and it needed to be cleaned. It wasn't made to be pretty, just look ok,pass NJ emissions (NJ emissions are like CA emissions), and haul arse.

Very nice brother! Sucks you had to sell it.

I'm staying NA until this motor goes then planning on dropping in a 5.4

/thread has been jacked

post-42082-0-96225800-1299014038.jpg

Here is a dirty pic. http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2713677570085798660JEncjxHere is an actual engine bay pic (dirty and not as clean as the avatar, but was looking for more of a pristine pic for avatar)http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2612837660085798660nSuzoCI wish I had the chance to try out the 555r before I sold it (due to family pressure).The engine bay looks disgusting because of all the emissions crap and it needed to be cleaned. It wasn't made to be pretty, just look ok,pass NJ emissions (NJ emissions are like CA emissions), and haul arse.

Very nice brother! Sucks you had to sell it.I'm staying NA until this motor goes then planning on dropping in a 5.4/thread has been jacked

Nice rides! I have an 01 Mustang Bullitt with some mods, last time I took it to the track I ran a 12.80.

Vortech V2 SQ. (it doesn't stay quiet forever, needs a rebuild every few years to keep it that way)

The trans is the weakest link in your car. That T-46 leaves a lot to be desired. If you just want something to drop in and always be there a supercharger is the way to go, throw in some 42# injectors and 400+rwhp is yours with a tune. Nothing feels better when boost kicks in.

Superstallions have their spring nats tickets on sale, it is at Cecil County Dragway you can get quite a few runs in as the track is closed for that event. I won't be attending, usually a bunch of good people having a good time. 10 bux to spectate.

Nice car. (Y)

Thank you

Nice rides! I have an 01 Mustang Bullitt with some mods, last time I took it to the track I ran a 12.80.

Thanks. 12.80 is a pretty nice time.

Vortech V2 SQ. (it doesn't stay quiet forever, needs a rebuild every few years to keep it that way)

The trans is the weakest link in your car. That T-46 leaves a lot to be desired. If you just want something to drop in and always be there a supercharger is the way to go, throw in some 42# injectors and 400+rwhp is yours with a tune. Nothing feels better when boost kicks in.

Superstallions have their spring nats tickets on sale, it is at Cecil County Dragway you can get quite a few runs in as the track is closed for that event. I won't be attending, usually a bunch of good people having a good time. 10 bux to spectate.

I actually have the 3650 and it's in desperate need of a rebuild but I'd rather swap it for a T-56. I love the NA build since I don't have to worry about the internals just yet and it's fun to beat all the ricers and Cobalts around here with all motor.

I'll have to check out the Superstallions thing, I've never heard of it and I live about 5 miles from the Dragway lol.

That is right they switch over. Still a crappy trans. No need for a T56, a t-600 or a t-500 would be perfectly fine and cost less. Bob Hanlon is great if you want to talk transmissions, lots of advice and extremely knowledgeable (shouldn't be too far of a drive for you, but then again IDK how far you are from the PA border). http://www.hanlonmotorsports.com

Superstallions used to be big many many years ago, but has dwindled down to almost nothing. Most are on the corral (I post in the lounge a lot there) or stangnet.

As far as the internals go, don't worry about them too much. Everyone said the 95 internals let go if you boost it....let me tell you first that everyone is wrong. The weak link in any of these cars is the trans, followed by the engine, followed by the rear. You can see with your trans you syncros are shot.

You guys are too harsh on him. Other than being stupid on public streets, it's his decision to do what he pleases with his car.

call it words of wisdom then, don't use your primary point a to point b car to modify. Doing so can create down time when the car is not usable. Besides, starting off with 100 hp isn't exactly a good starting point.

call it words of wisdom then, don't use your primary point a to point b car to modify. Doing so can create down time when the car is not usable.

There's always car rental if his Aveo goes down. It's pay to play and that's the price he's willing to pay, and have paid in the number of tires he went through. I'd expect his parents to lecture him, not random people on a forum. If not his parents, then he can learn through experience. You know what they say--experience is the best teacher.

some people don't listen to their parents. I never did. Some people look to their friends or peers for advice and inspiration. Even though many of us are older we are all peers here, some even friends. Again it is friendly advice, words spoken of someone who has been down that road, you can take it or leave it.

As far as the rental goes, when you are scrounging money to get your addiction together, the last thing you want to do is shell out more money to something else when you don't have any to begin with.

Wow, nice! Absolutely impressive. I wish I had your car and your driving skills. I think you need a few upgrades that would add some hp to your car. Here are my recommendations:

<Insert lulz>

Total gain to your Chevy Aveo: 410hp

Total Hp after modification: 517hp

Now go smoke some Ferraris and Lamborghinis.

I watched that video yesterday and thought the same sort of thing, but your recommendations were genius. :laugh:

any vehicle can wheel spin. why you would want to unless you have an bottomless pit of cash to pour into it alongside a car designed for it one wouldn't know... it proves nothing really other then your driving your way quickly to walking from point A to B.

no matter how tough hard fast or light you think the car is, it's still a standard road vehicle and your still going to ruin tyres, brakes, transmission, timing and/or cam belts, turn it into an oil burner and possibly even blow a head gasket and end up with thousands of dollars worth of damage to your eventual static vehicle all for sake of "fun".

call it words of wisdom then, don't use your primary point a to point b car to modify. Doing so can create down time when the car is not usable. Besides, starting off with 100 hp isn't exactly a good starting point.

I fully agree with your points in this thread except for the bold and this probably isn't exactly what you meant.

If someone wanted to get into actual racing at the grassroots level as opposed to screwing around on the streets then 100 hp is a perfect starting point. We do race in brackets after all, so you will be against other people in similar cars. Much better to start out with an easily controllable 100 hp than to start out with some high torque 500 hp wheel spinning monster. Not to mention racing around other novices in 500 hp monsters is not my idea of an ideal first time on a course.

One of my instructors used to say "if you can't be fast with 100hp; 1,000 ain't going to help you. Might have been Skip Barber?

To the OP. Stop wasting money on the tires and get yourself to a racing school then practice at a track if you want to be fast. This is just showing that you can operate outside the traction circle to no purpose.

What I was getting at was that when you start modding, a 100hp power level isn't exactly the place you want to be at when you start modding. I am all for get to learn your car in whatever condition, but even if you throw on a safe 100 shot of nitrous on that thing, it is only going to give about 175 hp on a good day. Then throwing a ton of money on suspension and other goodies into it...it is just a recipe for investing a ton of money into a car that at the end of the day will net you nothing worth while unless you replace everything other than the frame of the car (big dollars here, when all is said and done a corvette with a twin turbo install would have been cheaper to buy or a porsche 911 Turbo). Set your goals, see where it is going to put you financially and expect 20-50% more than what you initially estimate in modding, because there are going to be parts that you don't think of or parts that break along the way. You have a 10,000 initial budget make it 12-15000, bolts and gaskets all cost too as well as fluid and labor to redo what you f'd up. Modding a car introduces problems, no matter how correctly parts were thought out esp when it comes to significantly changing the way the car breathes or consumes fuel.

burn outs done right

besides

What I was getting at was that when you start modding, a 100hp power level isn't exactly the place you want to be at when you start modding. I am all for get to learn your car in whatever condition, but even if you throw on a safe 100 shot of nitrous on that thing, it is only going to give about 175 hp on a good day. Then throwing a ton of money on suspension and other goodies into it...it is just a recipe for investing a ton of money into a car that at the end of the day will net you nothing worth while unless you replace everything other than the frame of the car (big dollars here, when all is said and done a corvette with a twin turbo install would have been cheaper to buy or a porsche 911 Turbo). Set your goals, see where it is going to put you finanacially and expect 20-50% more than what you initially estimate in modding, because there are going to be parts that you don't think of or parts that break along the way. You have a 10,000 initial budget make it 12-15000, bolts and gaskets all cost too as well as fluid and labor to redo what you f'd up. Modding a car introduces problems, no matter how correctly parts were thought out esp when it comes to significantly changing the way the car breathes or consumes fuel.

Yep I agree with all of that and that is what I thought that you meant. I didn't want to OP to think that we were recommending that he dump all kinds of money on a high horsepower car though as his first car and introduction to legitimate racing if that is indeed the route he can be pointed to in order to get his speed kicks. Hell my dirt common @100hp spec Miata entry costs me a small fortune to compete with season long. I could not imagine competing a full season in something like a newer Corvette. Just thinking about the difference in cost of race rubber alone gives me a pain right where my wallet sits.

I wasn't saying it was powerful at all, but everyone around here seems to think it'd shut off at 140 or it could do a little spin but nothing to smoke. I was just proving a point, that even the weaker cars can still be brought to higher standards if you drive it right. Another thing was, here, the highest powered car you'd see day to day is a Pontiac G5 or a Cobalt. There's a million Civics running around, I've seen maybe 2 G6's or a G8 and a few newer Accords. Other then that, no corvettes, no mustangs (a few older ones that are hardly ever out) and a **** ton of Sunfires and Cavaliers.

And after seeing some comments, when I get a job with more hours I do plan on buying something more high performance to work with. Maybe a 06 or newer charger, or maybe even a truck (Although the truck won't be for racing, it'll be for off roading and the burnouts).

Everyone has one thing they enjoy doing, that cheers em up and gets the adrenaline pumping. In my case, it's smelling burning tires and seeing the strip I left on the pavement that gets me going for the day. I love rear wheel drive though, which is why I was thinking a charger.

At the end of the day, yes it's a basic economy based car designed for efficient fuel consumption and point A-B reliable driving, simple as that and I agree.

To clarify, yes my parents have lectured me. They seen the video a while ago, I got into some major **** and wasn't allowed to do it anymore. (Still do dick around)

Don't do anything to that aveo... The rods are weak and if you boost it your block will have a nice hole in it. Do yourself a favor... Save the $ you're putting into the car and put a down payment on a lease for a GTI...

I went thru that stage... With a ford focus... I now have a mazdaspeed3 pushing close to 300hp/tq at the wheels.