Neowin.net Speed Wave Competition

thanks to my Apple Airport Extreme router that is the only one I've tried that allow me to get the speed I pay for. I've tried a couple of linksys, netgear routers and results were so bad :/

1686909950.png

Just noticed the first post where you can join the group on speedtest.net. It would be nice to know the amount users are paying to compare. People I know where I live often complain on the high prices we get from our isps. Nothing like comparing with other countrys hehe

Can't join this speed wave; it's expired :p

Otherwise... :shifty:

1686931768.png

Earlier last month it was better:

1624564597.png

those aren't from my computer, but from logging into a remote server (:

• Like 1

Just restested at 6:30 after a bunch of people have gone home:

1686983740.png

But yeah, the wave is expired so I can't update my entry on there. My last best was 49.13 Mbps down and... for some reason, 1.64 Mbps up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know why people bother with speedtest.net, most ISP firewalls and taffic management policies are set to allow full unrestricted access to them so it always shows a speed you never actually get.

Im on there now as the worst one, username is xRegulator29x. We might be getting an upgrade to our service so my speed will change.

• 1 month later...

13th with seemingly the fastest Sky BB on there. We're on 40mb fibre with 600m of copper to the DSLAM. We do sometimes go into the 30mb+ region, but not too often.

My best on Speedtest so far...

1920221650.png

Speedtest has definitely improved since I last used it, as before, it would never pick up my full 50Mb, so I had to use this one to make sure I was getting full speed (which I definitely am :) )

• 2 weeks later...