5 episodes in, and so far I'm really liking the direction they are going. Seems different enough from the original to keep my interest.

I would really like to see them go somewhere other than Republic City... one nice adventure element to the original series was how they were always travelling from place to place. Also, what was with the visions of an adult version of Aang, Toph and Sakka Korra had in the fourth episodes? Crazy.

No fans here on Neowin for Korra? Just watched episode six. AMAZING!

I lost track of this show, have to hunt down the episodes and watch it now.

Yep, show is quite hard to find online. But worth the hunt!

Yeah, found it, have eps 1-4, only saw ep1 so far. Going to start d/ling ep5 and 6 soon. These HD 720p rips are on the big side, lol.

say what? is running already i thought that it would be premiered later this year....crap going to see if i can get my hands on the episodes

Definitely a good series, and it's not at all and yet still similar to the original, the comic and serious elements are all there

Yeah, I've now watched the first 4 eps, it kinda feels like it's going faster than the first series did though. Only 4 eps in and we've already jumped into conflict, or rather what seems to be the central conflict. Plus it feels a bit less grand since we're looking at a localized problem (though it's in the worlds main capital or something), not a global one (not yet anyways).

I wonder if this season will have less episodes compared to the originals? It just seems to be going quicker.

Yeah, I've now watched the first 4 eps, it kinda feels like it's going faster than the first series did though. Only 4 eps in and we've already jumped into conflict, or rather what seems to be the central conflict. Plus it feels a bit less grand since we're looking at a localized problem (though it's in the worlds main capital or something), not a global one (not yet anyways).

I wonder if this season will have less episodes compared to the originals? It just seems to be going quicker.

It was supposed to be just one miniseries, but they've extended it to a two-season deal (each around a dozen episodes I believe), so they're not really going that fast considering the original plan was to have as many episodes as the ones currently released :)

They seem to be time delayed on putting online and even longer for Comcast's On-Demand :s And I never see it in the guide correctly when they say it is on.

I'm really liking this show so far. I was fan of the original series, so the fact that I like this one isn't a surprise.

Though, I was a little worried about the show being a spin-off, and not a series with a grown up Aang. But, the first episode put those worries to rest. And after 6 now, the show is just as good as the original. The art style, animation, and fighting are all top notch. And I like the new setting in Republic City, with the steampunk atmosphere.

I really love what they're doing with the Korra's flashbacks to an adult Aang later in life. I can't wait to see where they go with it.

I have a feeling Aman is Counselor Tarloc (or however you spell it). Either that, or he and Aman are working together somehow. He just doesn't sit right with me.

It was supposed to be just one miniseries, but they've extended it to a two-season deal (each around a dozen episodes I believe), so they're not really going that fast considering the original plan was to have as many episodes as the ones currently released :)

I wasn't away of that fact, but if what you say is true and it's 2 seasons (books) then the pace makes a bit more sense compared to the original that was 3 seasons long and 20 or so eps a piece. Now that i've also watched ep5 and 6, specially ep5, they really forced the romance on us heavy and rushed in that ep. Honestly there's no reason to do this yet, but I suppose since the characters are a bit older compared to the original then this is more of an issue at this point.

The Aang flashback bits are nice, I'd have loved if whatever they're hinting at would've been made into a movie for us, I think it would've been good.

I have a feeling Aman is Counselor Tarloc (or however you spell it). Either that, or he and Aman are working together somehow. He just doesn't sit right with me.

That's what I thought at one point but I don't think they're the same person at least, they could be working together because it's clear to me that this Tarloc guy wants more power/control. I think the flashbacks are hinting at who Aman is or at least who he's related to in some fashion. They bring up some past rebellion or conflict that Aang handled and I think Aman is related to whoever was behind that at the time. At this point I'm also 90% sure he's a bender because he's using that same bender sealing move that the fire lord tried to pull on Aang back at the end of the original show. This show tries to make it sound like only the Avatar can do it, and normally that seems to be the case but the fire lord could do it so I believe that if you're strong enough in some fashion then you can do it. Unless it's just some crazy advanced chi blocking move, guess we'll see.

That's what I thought at one point but I don't think they're the same person at least, they could be working together because it's clear to me that this Tarloc guy wants more power/control. I think the flashbacks are hinting at who Aman is or at least who he's related to in some fashion. They bring up some past rebellion or conflict that Aang handled and I think Aman is related to whoever was behind that at the time. At this point I'm also 90% sure he's a bender because he's using that same bender sealing move that the fire lord tried to pull on Aang back at the end of the original show. This show tries to make it sound like only the Avatar can do it, and normally that seems to be the case but the fire lord could do it so I believe that if you're strong enough in some fashion then you can do it. Unless it's just some crazy advanced chi blocking move, guess we'll see.

The lion-turtle-island gave that knowledge only to Aang as far as the first series goes. They had the "your spirit needs to be pure" (something like that) condition but he was the only one that has done that kind of bending (as said turtle explains, you are actually bending someone else's energy).

I don't think Amon is energy-bending as it doesn't look the same as when Aang performed it. It's either completely fake and his "victims" are in on the act, or it's partially fake in the sense that the powers aren't permanently gone.

I also think Amon is related to this Yakone character that Aang previously dealt with.

The lion-turtle-island gave that knowledge only to Aang as far as the first series goes. They had the "your spirit needs to be pure" (something like that) condition but he was the only one that has done that kind of bending (as said turtle explains, you are actually bending someone else's energy).

Uhh, I specifically remember the fire lord could do it, there was a back and forth battle between the two right in the last ep. So as far as that move goes I don't think, at that time, Aang was the only one who could do it.

I don't think Amon is energy-bending as it doesn't look the same as when Aang performed it. It's either completely fake and his "victims" are in on the act, or it's partially fake in the sense that the powers aren't permanently gone.

I also think Amon is related to this Yakone character that Aang previously dealt with.

I don't think it's fake, it seems to me like he's been grabbing random people and doing it on them, it's probably some advanced chi blocking move. I bet at some point Korra will be able to undo the effects if they are indeed permanently gone.

Uhh, I specifically remember the fire lord could do it, there was a back and forth battle between the two right in the last ep. So as far as that move goes I don't think, at that time, Aang was the only one who could do it.

You're wrong. Only Aang (and the Lion Turtle who passed on the knowledge) knew how to do energy-bending in the first series. Fire Lord Ozai could only do (as his name suggests) fire-bending, a power that was greatly amplified by the arrival of Sozin's comet.

Here's the final battle below, show me where Ozai uses or even attempts energy-bending:

(Also notice how Aang's energy-bending is quite different to Amon's.)

Here's another link for more info.:

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Energybending

You're wrong. Only Aang (and the Lion Turtle who passed on the knowledge) knew how to do energy-bending in the first series. Fire Lord Ozai could only do (as his name suggests) fire-bending, a power that was greatly amplified by the arrival of Sozin's comet.

Here's the final battle below, show me where Ozai uses or even attempts energy-bending:

(Also notice how Aang's energy-bending is quite different to Amon's.)

Here's another link for more info.:

http://avatar.wikia....i/Energybending

No you're right, I had to rewatch it, what I was remembering was how Aang was close to losing because the energy bending can backfire if your soul/spirit isn't strong enough etc. But yeah, that style is different though not the hand placement on the forehead, that's something they both share.

I'm thinking it could just be a advanced chi blocking move, I doubt it's been faked but that's also a possibility. I really can't wait for Korra to spirit dive or w/e it was called and talk with adult Aang to get help.

• 4 weeks later...

Seems there aren't enough Avatar fans on here huh? Anyway, for anyone still watching the newest ep had a good chunk of plot development and some very nice flashback scenes with some of the original characters but of course older. Very good stuff.

I am a big fan. The last episode was great but the story seemed to be a bit rushed.

.. and I miss the Avatar State :p

Gladly Aang was back in his Avatar State...

I am a big fan. The last episode was great but the story seemed to be a bit rushed.

.. and I miss the Avatar State :p

Gladly Aang was back in his Avatar State...

It feels that way because it's going to be shorter compared to the original. Looks like this season is oinly going to be 12 eps, the finale is going to be a 1hr thing, so basically two episodes together.

The ending of episode ten -- I jumped out of my seat when I heard it.

We get a one hour finale next week, btw. So excited.

I haven't seen ep10 yet, is it a plot twist?