Antivirus recommendations

With the news running stories about android malware on the market every other day, I've been considering getting an antivirus. Post your recommendations, preferably with comments on effectiveness and battery consumption.

I started with AVG but somehow I didn't like the feel and appearance of it hence I moved to "Lookout Mobile Security".. However I have no idea about its protectionism since till now its yet to raise a warning for me :p

I installed it based on

* Free

* Rating

* The number of ratings

I kept on using it because,

* Its simple to use

* Didn't notice much of a battery issue

Thanks..

I've got Lookout and Antivirus Free. I had Antivirus Free first, then over the weekend I downloaded Lookout for the tracker support without realising it came with Antivirus support as well. I might uninstall Antivirus Free because of that, but then again is there any harm done by having two Antivirus programs?

I might uninstall Antivirus Free because of that, but then again is there any harm done by having two Antivirus programs?

Battery :p issue may be ??

Dont know for sure for android but in Windows they conflict and some time may end up deleting each others important system file thus presenting an unstable system :p

Norton Mobile Security isn't too bad either, although Lookout gets a vote from me as well.

is it free ??

It is free at the moment, it seems as though it's a beta at the moment although I had no issues with it.

I haven't used any of them, but Lookout are ones who found more of the viruses and informed Google (the original batch was found by a redditor). I think that says a bit about the company. It is worrying though that none of the AV software found it in the first place though.