Scariest Gaming Moments.

Short and sweet, Whats the 3 scariest/jump out your skin/soiled yourself/not sleeping in the dark moments for you in gaming? Youtube links as well would be awesome!

Mine's are:

1. Dead Space 1 - Lift scene, right at the start when you think youve got away, bang! Pant solification.

2. Resident Evil 4 - First encounter with Regenerators. This will stick with me till the day I die! Those big grey buggers still scare the **** outa me.

3. Resident Evil 1 - An oldie! The first FMV when the zombie is eating the heart and turns round slowly. DAMN!

Lets hear it from you guys!

Hmm...

Silent Hill (The first one for PS1) whenever the radio would go crazy with static showing enemies around.

Fear 1: When you are standing behind the gate and you can see footsteps of people walking past, then the gate opens and there is no one there.

Fear 2: There is a scene where you are near a pool and some really messed up stuff happens, and you go into a closet/passage/?? to pick up some body armor, and the only way out is turn around, and when you do Alma is standing there looking at you.

Silent Hill 2 - Running from Pyramid Head in that narrow corridor.

Silent Hill 3 - Bathtub scene!

Dead Space 1 - The first time I heard a Necromorph scream.

Dead Space 2 - The long dark corridor revisiting the Ishimura.

System Shock 2 - Everytime an Hybrid said "Please, Kill me""

I don't know if it's the same moment that firey is talking about, but there's a part in Fear 2 where you are in some underground passages taking ladders up and down between higher and lower levels. At one point you get on a ladder to go down, the camera swings down as you're turning onto the ladder and when it levels again Alma is standing right at the head of the ladder.

Edit: It was Fear 1 and I found the video. I remember it much freakier... :huh:

in half life (first or second game, forget which) at the 1st level, I was in a corridor and this thing jumped on my face (in the game) while I was looking up at the sky through the ceiling ... I got so scared I literally alt f4'd it and uninstalled it on the spot

and there was another one in far cry although i managed to finish the game

there arent many games that are oh so scary..

but in dead space 2 there is this scene where u enter an ice chamber.. and open a door.. then u have to move to left and there are same 2 rooms ahead..

but after u enter the 2nd room there is a VISION the empty chambers are filled with those weird monsters.. whats scary was that i had my headphones on.. volume was way up and i wasnt paying much attention to the game.. because i wasnt expecting anything :p and BAM!!.. i got goosebumps :p

cant find the scene on youtube.

1. F.E.A.R. when the body came flying through the glass into the hall. Scared me so much I unloaded an entire clip into a corpse.

2. F.E.A.R. ladder

3. Dead Space 2 when I was talking with my friend about how Dead Space had enemies in save points and suddenly as I walk towards a save point and BAM a necromorph hops up and attacks.

4. Silent Hill Homecoming when the wheelchair fell down the stairs.

5. Dead Space when I first heard those exploder guys scream. It comes from EVERY DIRECTION!

F.E.A.R 2 - In what I think was a school (or was it the hospital?) when it all goes very wierd and there's a ghostly thing teleporting around.

Was very intense.

Edit: This bit!

There were a fair few parts of Alan Wake that had me chilled as well. Whenever you were in woods and it went all dark and windy and the sound really kicked in. Mmm shivers! :D

Hands down has got to be the ladder scene in FEAR that has already been mentioned, it particularly messed me up because at that spot you are vulnerable and can't pull your gun out because your hands are on the ladder.

I was playing a old DOS game called The Legacy: Realm of Terror. It was like a 3d dungeon crawl-style game, like Eye of the Beholder, but set in a haunted mansion.

In the rooms, you can click on objects and interact with them. I spoke with a friend of mine who said he quit playing the game because it scared the **** out of him. I laughed and made fun of him for being scared of a video game.

I was at his house playing the game while he was at work. His room was pitch-dark and the creepy midi music was adding to the atmosphere. One particular room had a statue of a gargoyle. I clicked on it and, in craptastic DOS graphics, the statue started to grow and reach out toward you. I wasn't expecting that. It sent shivers down my spine. I think I shat a little, too :rolleyes:

Gonna sound a bit silly but in Resident Evil 1 where you go into the second building and right by the entrance door there is a crack in the floor boards. As you walk past it a vine shoots out and whips you. First time it happened to me was at the tail end of a late night game session and I was tired, the room was dark and the game had my full attention, I jumped out of my skin and threw the controller at the TV!

I lost a wireless Mouse do to SystemShock 2.....

killl meeeeeeee...WACK!! screen goses red and my Mouse hit the celing.....

never again well I buy a wireless mouse.

--------------

BioHazard 2

When the "Cretaure" jumped thur the Mirror/Window in the Confesion room. I Nthe RPD "Racoon Police Department"

-----------------

F.E.A.R

during the Part in the office Buidling were the elvator gets stuck so u have to climb up the shaft and then cross it.

I ****ed my self when the eleivator above comes crashing down right infront of u before u attempt to cross the shaft.

Every single second of Penumbra and Amnesia. Fear, doom, deadspace, resident evil.. none of them compare to how Penumbra and Amnesia get you.

MAAAN! I just read everyone's post after I posted.... You guys need to try Penumbra and Amnesia. They create a atmosphere and game type that really has you on the edge of your seat.

Every single second of Penumbra and Amnesia. Fear, doom, deadspace, resident evil.. none of them compare to how Penumbra and Amnesia get you.

MAAAN! I just read everyone's post after I posted.... You guys need to try Penumbra and Amnesia. They create a atmosphere and game type that really has you on the edge of your seat.

Penumbra and Amnesia

best Indie games ever...

I quite littery cried through the hole game..... (wouldn't call it a scary moment though) unless you call all of 8 hours (per a game) a moment..lol

I had to buy them in Retail box to show my support for these guys...

Penumbra and Amnesia

best Indie games ever...

I quite littery cried through the hole game..... (wouldn't call it a scary moment though) unless you call all of 8 (per a game) hours a moment..lol

I had to buy them in Retail box to show my support for these guys...

HAHA. Man, same here. Every time that vampire thingy in Penumbra would chase me, I would literally run around yelling, " Crap **** CRAP CRAP AAHHH! " And then wait like 5 minutes before even peaking around the corner. Great way of making you feel connected to the world and character.