Scariest Gaming Moments.

The ladder scene in FEAR is my most famous scared moment, but there's a scene in FEAR where you're crawling through a vent and she appears round a corner and runs at you on all fours like a goddamn spider. That scared me so much I screamed at my screen.

There's also the obligatory reference to Ravenholm too. Looking back on it, it wasn't that scary, but at the time I hated it. I actually stopped playing Half-Life 2 for about 3 months after I played the first part of Ravenholm. In my defence, HL2 was the first time I had played a shooter against non-human opponents (I went back to Half-Life later).

Fear, where you're going through a vent shaft and she suddenly crawls at you. I still think its one of the scarier parts because most of the time she just stands there or moves away from you. Until she end, she almost never directly comes at you.

Couldn't find a better video, but its the scene at 1:36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHWV8yLOmfg&feature=related#at=96

I loved that game. I bought it launch day, waited until about 11pm, turned off all the lights, put on headphones, and played it all the way through in one sitting. For a lot of people, looking at clips isn't all that scary, but I suggest you do what I did and immerse yourself in the game. Done right, its terrifying.

That's the scene! Absolutely bloody terrifying at the time.

TF2: When you're fighting a soldier medium to close range, and you see a sparkling rocket exit his launcher. Knowing that I will be dead in less than 1 sec and I can't do anything about it scares the **** out of me.

LOL, the guys reaction to that if just too funny.... Sadly, you're all girls until you play Amnesia and Penumbra :p

Amen I wonder what will be next byt the best Indie Devs ever?

Thanks to this thread, I have now played Amnesia and am currently playing Penumbra Overture. Absolutely brilliant (Y)

I hooked up my computer to my 55' LCD tv with movie theater quality surround sound.... Sadly, My GF made me turn off the game after barely half an hour of playing. She was way to freaked out... and so really was I lol. In a completely dark room with sounds just booming everywhere, and such a big screen, it was just insanely scary.

Resident Evil 1, when you are walking through a hallway and the dogs jump through the window. Was the first part of that game that scared me.

• 3 weeks later...

Condemned: Criminal Origins is a very scary game too, specially because of the brutality of the melee fighting and those druggies that jump out of nowhere. And those dead birds :shiftyninja:

The Dark Descent scary the hell out of me.... specially when you have to run as fast as you can when the invisible monster is trying to catching you... lol. Also the music atmosphere is quite scary.

in half life (first or second game, forget which) at the 1st level, I was in a corridor and this thing jumped on my face (in the game) while I was looking up at the sky through the ceiling ... I got so scared I literally alt f4'd it and uninstalled it on the spot

lol!

Actully hl was scary back in the day...climbing through vents and trying to survive headcrab attacks.

Short and sweet, Whats the 3 scariest/jump out your skin/soiled yourself/not sleeping in the dark moments for you in gaming? Youtube links as well would be awesome!

Mine's are:

1. Dead Space 1 - Lift scene, right at the start when you think youve got away, bang! Pant solification.

2. Resident Evil 4 - First encounter with Regenerators. This will stick with me till the day I die! Those big grey buggers still scare the **** outa me.

3. Resident Evil 1 - An oldie! The first FMV when the zombie is eating the heart and turns round slowly. DAMN!

Lets hear it from you guys!

That's about the same I'd have said! Nice one!

I can't think of three, but without a doubt the most scariest part of any game I've played was the first time the zombie dogs jumped through the window in Resident Evil on PS1.

First time I got pounced by a hunter in L4D and the first time a witch was startled. I didn't play more then 20mins of F.E.A.R as my first try was after midnight. Dead Space had its moments that I really liked also. O and start of Bioshock where you don't really have anything and the splicer or w/e is bouncing around the place.

Dead Space 2.

That scene at the school, with the crawling baby and the woman who had clearly had gone insane. I literally dropped the controller and jumped back.

I don't know if it's the same moment that firey is talking about, but there's a part in Fear 2 where you are in some underground passages taking ladders up and down between higher and lower levels. At one point you get on a ladder to go down, the camera swings down as you're turning onto the ladder and when it levels again Alma is standing right at the head of the ladder.

Edit: It was Fear 1 and I found the video. I remember it much freakier... :huh:

This is the only game (part in the game) that really scared the monkey's ass out of me, i will never forget that moment in the ladder thing. Even though the game was quite scary throughout but that part just got my hurt pumping into twin turbo mode.

Loading crysis for the first time.

:D :D :D

I don't know if it's the same moment that firey is talking about, but there's a part in Fear 2 where you are in some underground passages taking ladders up and down between higher and lower levels. At one point you get on a ladder to go down, the camera swings down as you're turning onto the ladder and when it levels again Alma is standing right at the head of the ladder.

Edit: It was Fear 1 and I found the video. I remember it much freakier... :huh:

That's what I was going to say.

And the zombies (were thay zonbies? can't remember) saying "join us, join us" in System Shock2