• Please log in to reply
510 replies to this topic

#1 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 121,044 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy

Posted 19 March 2011 - 22:19

Did anyone just see the Vitali/Solis fight...this further proves this division is kind of a joke!

#2 metallithrax

metallithrax

I saw you earlier, with the hairy stick....

• 8,550 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia U (android 4.0.4)

Posted 19 March 2011 - 22:26

Boxing sucks ass nowadays. Too many federations, too many weight divisions. Need to go back to how it was in the 70's and 80's.

#3 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

#ForzaJules

• 16,684 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 19 March 2011 - 22:32

Yeah, I watched the Klitschko/Solis fight. Such a shame it ended like that. Solis looked like he could actually beat Klitschko, then at the end of the very first round, his leg goes. :(

#4 OP Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 121,044 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 22:36

Yeah, I watched the Klitschko/Solis fight. Such a shame it ended like that. Solis looked like he could actually beat Klitschko, then at the end of the very first round, his leg goes. :(

yeah I really thought it would be his first big test and that happens...he looked ****ed as well that Solis couldn't go...what a tool! and even his entrance was so egotastic its unreal!

I really don't think Haye knows whats coming!

#5 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

#ForzaJules

• 16,684 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 22:40

I really don't think Haye knows whats coming!

Ditto. I'm obviously rooting for Haye, but realistically, I think Wladimir will win.

#6 Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi

"You were the chosen one!"

• 2,757 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 22:53

tonite...we box...in general!

SPARTANS? *ooh-rah*

Oh wait.....

#7 OP Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 121,044 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 22:57

should be good! a british guy fighting for a world title!

#8 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,316 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 113

Posted 20 March 2011 - 00:46

should be good! a british guy fighting for a world title!

Which one? :laugh:
Boxing needs to take a page of the Zuffa playbook and get their organizations together. The UFC champion is the champion and he is the champion. That's it.

#9 OP Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 121,044 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:52

Which one? :laugh:
Boxing needs to take a page of the Zuffa playbook and get their organizations together. The UFC champion is the champion and he is the champion. That's it.

yeah the divisions are a joke but Boxing as a whole is a joke...there are only a few boxers I will watch

#10 OP Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 121,044 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 16:59

Magee came up short! that division is pretty interesting (one of the only divisions that is)

#11 Zoom7000

Zoom7000

The Ankle Breaker

• 2,801 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:48

As much as I can't stand David Haye, I really want to see him topple the Klitschko brothers so that we can have some sort of refresh in the what is a joke of a HW division. I still find it hard to believe that no one can even come close to these guys. Amazing what the HW division has come to after the good old days of Ali, Foreman, Bruno, Tyson and Lewis - All the way to this! In the past it was pretty much all about the HW division, now it's just nothing but a bore!

There are only really 3 divisions that really seem to have any form of developing interest.

Super-middle: The Super 6 Tournament did well to boost interest in this division and some of the potential fights are exciting prospects.

Light-middle/Welter: Whilst Pacquiao is there, there will always be interest. But fans are getting bored of seeing him steamroll the division over and over. There is one fight everyone wants to see. It has the possibility of being boxing's biggest payday ever. Just get in the damn ring with Manny! I'm talking to you Floyd!

Light-welter: Khan vs Maidana was easily fight of the year for 2010 and as much as everyone wants to see a rematch, I'd rather and I think the bigger payday will be a unification bout between Khan and Bradley.

Other than those areas, it just seems nothing is exciting in boxing anywhere.

#12 OP Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 121,044 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 17:18

IBF and WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko says he will knock out David Haye in the 12th round of their title fight this summer.

Ukraine fighter Klitschko, 34, takes on WBA champion Haye, 30, on either 25 June or 2 July in a unification bout.

He told BBC Radio 5 live: "I will definitely enjoy the fight for 12 rounds. Eventually, in the 12th round, I will knock him out.

"David - just get in the ring. Don't find an excuse, just get in the ring."

Klitschko, whose brother Vitali retained his WBC heavyweight title by knocking out Cuba's former Olympic champion Odlanier Solis at the weekend, was originally going to fight Haye in 2009.

But Haye, who plans to retire before his 31st birthday in October, had to pull out with a back injury.

Talks to rearrange the fight stalled last December with the two camps wrangling over the details of the contest.

Now that the fight has finally been agreed, Klitschko says he is looking forward to taking on the Brit.

"David Haye thinks that Vitali is the toughest one," he added. "That's why he's taking on the younger brother - because he's not that tough. That's why he chose me.

"You know what? I'm so scared of David Haye. He says he's going to take out my jab; so, I will really feed him with the jab - jab jab grab, jab jab grab, grab, and eventually the right missile is going to land on his chin or his temple or whatever it is.

"So I'm sorry guys, but David Haye will get knocked out."

Klitschko had to pull out of a fight with British boxer Dereck Chisora earlier this month because of a stomach injury, and he will have to prove his fitness by the beginning of May for the fight with Haye to go ahead.

The two camps are still working on the details of the bout, with an announcement of the venue expected some time in April.

#13 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

#ForzaJules

• 16,684 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 17:50

Wladimir - Bro could step in

Wladimir Klitschko is optimistic of overcoming injury to be fit to face David Haye in the summer, but has confirmed elder brother Vitali would step into the ring in his absence.

Question marks have been raised over whether the IBF and WBO holder will shake off an abdominal complaint for the mid-summer fight with WBA champion Haye.

The Ukrainian has twice pulled out of a proposed fight with Dereck Chisora, and speculation is mounting Wladimir's elder brother Vitali will take his place for the June 25/July 2 blockbuster.

Haye has made it clear he will quit boxing when he turns 30 in October, meaning the pressure is on Wladimir to prove his fitness before May when a deadline has been set by the Londoner's camp.

But the 34-year-old claims he will start preparations for his fight against Haye in a couple of weeks.

He told BBC Radio: "I'm still recovering after my injury and in a couple of weeks I will be fit and ready for the preparations."

However, the back-up plan is still on the agenda as he added: "If I can't perform then my brother will step in the ring because he's been in this division a very long time.

"I'm very happy that David Haye eventually signed the contract, it will be the third time we've tried to fight each other.

"He says we have no skills and have fought basically no-one...I think he chose me as the younger brother because he does not think I'm so tough. But he will get knocked out."

Three German football stadiums are leading the race to host the big fight, but other European cities are also believed to be in the running, including Monte Carlo.

Source.

#14 OP Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 121,044 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 00:28

Amir Khan vs Mckloskey on some random channel now after Box Office ditched it and so did Sky Sports!

Amir Khan says he is focused on his WBA light-welterweight title defence against Paul McCloskey but admits he is eyeing a bout with Timothy Bradley.

The 24-year-old faces McCloskey, who is unbeaten in 22 fights, at Manchester's MEN Arena on Saturday.

Khan, whose last fight was a win over Marcos Maidana in December, said: "You can never take any fight easy but I don't think McCloskey hits as hard.

"The fight can take me to better things and winning will take me to Bradley."

American Bradley defended his WBO title in January with a 10th-round victory over WBC title holder Devon Alexander, prompting speculation over a summer showdown with Khan.

"We want to get this fight done first. There's no point looking too far ahead," stressed Khan.

"We know what we want but we're not in talks about it yet. I want to get this guy [McCloskey] out of the way and then as soon as I have got him out the way then Golden Boy Promotions, who I'm with, can negotiate the big fight against Bradley and hopefully we can get that down in America or maybe here, which would be amazing."

#15 OP Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 121,044 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 21:51

well that was utter bs, I feel McCloskey could of gone on!