General Boxing Thread!

Should hopefully be a good'un. Well, it'll certainly be better than Fury vs. Chisora in July. Seriously, BoxRec, you call that a 5* fight but not this?!

LOL Fury is a chump and I hope Chisora knocks him out and retires him

This weekend!

It's billed to be an epic and I think it might deliver on that promise!

presser-cotto-martinez-1024.jpg

One of these girls is not like the others.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

On a more serious note, our two best heavyweights go at it again tomorrow night.

I really miss Lennox Lewis when Dereck Chisora and Tyson Fury are our two best heavyweights (although, to their credit, they'll almost certainly be more entertaining than Nathan Cleverly and Tony Bellew last week). Anthony Joshua getting a proper fight against someone half-decent can't come soon enough. Speaking of proper fights, Chris Eubank Jr. gets his first big fight tomorrow night too on the undercard against Billy Joe Saunders; should be a good'un, especially when it's two undefeated boxers going against each other - 18-0 vs. 20-0.

I really miss Lennox Lewis when Dereck Chisora and Tyson Fury are our two best heavyweights (although, to their credit, they'll almost certainly be more entertaining than Nathan Cleverly and Tony Bellew last week).

I was wrong. What a joke it was. Chisora's corner thankfully put us out of our misery after the 10th round, but we still suffered past 1am. Saunders and Eubank Jr. definitely stole the show; went the distance, was pretty back-and-forth, both of them were tough as nails and in the end, Saunders took it by split decision (which I disagree with on the judge who gave it to Eubank Jr.; I think he definitely lost by two or three rounds).

The heavyweight division is one of the biggest jokes in sport now, not just boxing! Before I thought it was the Klitschko brothers that were the joke of the division, but they don't have any remotely worthy challengers to the titles! I think if you threw in half of the UFC's heavyweight division in to the ring they'd stand a better chance! Imagine that, Cain Velasquez vs Wlad Klitschko. I think Cain would have his number!

• Like 1

The heavyweight division is one of the biggest jokes in sport now, not just boxing! Before I thought it was the Klitschko brothers that were the joke of the division, but they don't have any remotely worthy challengers to the titles! I think if you threw in half of the UFC's heavyweight division in to the ring they'd stand a better chance! Imagine that, Cain Velasquez vs Wlad Klitschko. I think Cain would have his number!

Bingo. (Y)

Fury is now Wlad's mandatory challenger, at least next year Fury will be shown up :yes:

If not by Wladimir (as Fury's ducked him once before, so I won't be surprised if he does it again), then by Anthony Joshua, as a fight between them's being teased, too. Already being overhyped a bit, mind; I saw one site describe it as "the biggest heavyweight fight on British soil since Frank Bruno fought Lennox Lewis".

If not by Wladimir (as Fury's ducked him once before, so I won't be surprised if he does it again), then by Anthony Joshua, as a fight between them's being teased, too. Already being overhyped a bit, mind; I saw one site describe it as "the biggest heavyweight fight on British soil since Frank Bruno fought Lennox Lewis".

Joshua hasn't been tested yet, it's a fight I would love to see though

Joshua hasn't been tested yet, it's a fight I would love to see though

Yeah, he's 20th in the world on BoxRec and we're still waiting for him to get a half-decent opponent. His next opponent - Kevin Johnson - is on a three fight losing streak and has lost to both Chisora and Fury. :/

Yeah, he's 20th in the world on BoxRec and we're still waiting for him to get a half-decent opponent. His next opponent - Kevin Johnson - is on a three fight losing streak and has lost to both Chisora and Fury. :/

If he has lost to Chisora then he's not going to last 20 seconds :rofl:

• Like 1

Probably not going to stay up for the Khan fight as I expect Khan to win easily probably by points

Ditto, I've got it on Sky+ downstairs; just gotta avoid the spoilers in the morning.