General Boxing Thread!

Floyd Mayweather could announce opponent next week

According to a report at MLive.com from David Mayo, Floyd Mayweather could announce his next opponent within a week or so, and it won't be Manny Pacquiao, which should be a surprise to zero people anywhere.

Asked about Pacquiao, Mayweather offered a one-word response:

"Who?" he said.

Src

Floyd Mayweather could announce opponent next week

According to a report at MLive.com from David Mayo, Floyd Mayweather could announce his next opponent within a week or so, and it won't be Manny Pacquiao, which should be a surprise to zero people anywhere.

Asked about Pacquiao, Mayweather offered a one-word response:

"Who?" he said.

Src

Who do you think it will be? Can Timothy Bradley make the weight?

I dunno I am thinking it'll be Khan sadly but if not him then yeah Bradley would be an interesting choice

I think Bradley is better for the PPV side of things and so they'll pick him. Floyd isn't called "Money" for nothing.

Maybe he'll fight one of the Klitschkos. Who knows?

I think Bradley is better for the PPV side of things and so they'll pick him. Floyd isn't called "Money" for nothing.

Maybe he'll fight one of the Klitschkos. Who knows?

The question is...will the 0 stay...I don't see him losing for a long time

So I heard! That fight completely passed me by. Can't find any videos of it either. :(

You did not miss anything. Bellew is clearly not in the same league as Stevenson. Stevenson gave a so so performance and still won rather easily.

The question is...will the 0 stay...I don't see him losing for a long time

Yeah, as much as I want him to lose, it'll stay at 0.

Finally saw the Bellew/Stevenson fight. Turns out it was recorded on the Sky+ downstairs; thank god for series link! :P Went through every fight on the card, so I caught Sergey Kovalev's KTFO of Ismail Sillakh...

kovalev_sillakh_ko.gif

Seems likely to be Kovalev vs. Stevenson next for the WBO and WBC titles.

Oh boy, that was a disastrous fight for Darren Barker. He delivered an alright 1st round, but then dominated by Felix Sturm in the 2nd. Don't blame his camp throwing in the towel. Congrats to Sturm; he's now a 4-time world champion.

Barker was World Champ for a month or so, pretty sad but I suppose that's Boxing for you

Seems like he dislocated his hip. How does a 31 year old boxer have 2 hip replacements? That guy is at least 65 in fighter years.

Seems like he dislocated his hip. How does a 31 year old boxer have 2 hip replacements? That guy is at least 65 in fighter years.

He's had a bad life which made his world triumph amazing but sadly yeah hungrier fighters end that

Darren Barker might not be able to fight again after suffering another injury to his hip in yesterday's TKO-2 loss in Germany to Felix Sturm according to members of his team in a report at Sky Sports.

Here's what trainer Tony Sims said about the injury:

"It's a disaster - you'll probably never see him in the ring again. His hip went in the first round when he threw a right hand. He came back to the corner and said 'I think it's gone, it's hurting me'. In the second round he got clipped with a shot and - I don't know what's happened - it's completely gone on him. I was hoping it would just be a muscle injury but when he went down the next time I threw the towel in because I knew he couldn't move."

Eddie Hearn also isn't optimistic about seeing Barker back in the ring:

"If it's as bad as we think it is I'm not sure he's going to be involved in the rematch, and if he's not involved in a rematch I would suggest that would make his decision for him."

Src

The WBC has declared that Floyd Mayweather is in a voluntary stage and, therefore, does not have to fight his mandatory challenger (Manny Pacquiao) until at least after his next fight.

Src

Manny Pacquiao Socked By IRS YOU OWE US $18 MILLION!!!

Src

The WBC has declared that Floyd Mayweather is in a voluntary stage and, therefore, does not have to fight his mandatory challenger (Manny Pacquiao) until at least after his next fight.

Src

Combine those two and that's a very dangerous situation. Pacquiao just can't afford to stop fighting. Mayweather is going to milk everything out of his promoter for that PPV.

Combine those two and that's a very dangerous situation. Pacquiao just can't afford to stop fighting. Mayweather is going to milk everything out of his promoter for that PPV.

Yeah Mayweather would get $$ for that PPV while Manny's cheque would go to IRS and others :/

His last fight did over 2 million PPV. Him vs Pac would certainly break 3 million and makes massive amounts of money. Floyd's upfront money guarantee would certainly be over 160 million dollars, not even including his PPV cut.