General Boxing Thread!

Broner said he was next Mayweather....

sehmfp42

He surely said that before the fight. Mayweather wouldn't have lost to Maidana even if he had one of his hands tied.

He surely said that before the fight. Mayweather wouldn't have lost to Maidana even if he had one of his hands tied.

Yeah he's been quoting it for months, how he take the mantle after last night I can only laugh at him

"It's not just Floyd Mayweather's bigger than a title. Floyd Mayweather at the level now, he can come out with his own world championship belt. ... Everybody's talking about the title, (Pacquiao's) the mandatory. He can have the belt! A belt don't make me."

Vitali Klitschko named WBC champion emeritus as he focuses on political career

Src

Amir Khan confident he'll be named Mayweather opponent soon

"Boxing's all over the place at the moment with all the underdogs coming through to win. Porter was the underdog against Alexander then Broner was beaten and knocked down by Maidana. It's the time of the underdogs. If I get the fight against Mayweather I have no doubt I can go and take it."

Src

Turns out Vitali has vacated the title, what's the betting Wlad goes for it and it returns to the family :/

I wouldn't be surprised if the WBC just handed the title to Wladimir. Wouldn't be an issue for me; it's been a while since we've had an undisputed heavyweight champion (Lennox Lewis was the last one, I believe).

I wouldn't be surprised if the WBC just handed the title to Wladimir. Wouldn't be an issue for me; it's been a while since we've had an undisputed heavyweight champion (Lennox Lewis was the last one, I believe).

Yeah at least maybe someone "might" beat him but let's face it....it won't happen!

^^

Just give him the title now. No matter who he fights, we already know he's gonna lean on them to a unanimous decision.

Martin Murray vs Jarrod Fletcher set for Golovkin undercard, vacant WBA 'regular' title

Src

We need at least 5000 title unification bouts.

We need at least 5000 title unification bouts.

Or just one sanctioning body for world titles. It's ridiculous how many there are.

Or just one sanctioning body for world titles. It's ridiculous how many there are.

You can dream about it but it's not going to happen. Until boxing stops making any money. Then they'll band together, like other sports had to, and they'll form... CAPTAIN BOXING. Wait, what!? :ermm:

Never going to happen. Same thing as MMA.

They need to stick to just 4 governing bodies rather then the 8 or so we have going on

WBC,WBO,WBA and IBF that should be it, not "Regular" or "Super" or "Diamond" or even "Champion Emeritus" so lame

They need to stick to just 4 governing bodies rather then the 8 or so we have going on

WBC,WBO,WBA and IBF that should be it, not "Regular" or "Super" or "Diamond" or even "Champion Emeritus" so lame

Those are titles, and they're from the big four governing bodies. :P "Champion Emeritus" just means if said fighter ever decides to come out of retirement, they'll get an automatic title shot (e.g. Vitali Klitschko). Four governing bodies is bad enough already; no one really pays attention to the other eight. Well, seven; The Ring isn't really a sanctioning body, and some people do actually pay attention to that one. :P

• 3 weeks later...