General Boxing Thread!

Tyson Fury fights tonight, he is of course number 1 contender to one of the Brothers Boring

and boring it was....he nearly got his coming in round 3 but alas the giant rolls on!

and boring it was....he nearly got his coming in round 3 but alas the giant rolls on!

Was it even on TV? I searched the listings on Sky Sports earlier, and they were showing a different fight. Or did they fail to mention that fight as well? :p

Was it even on TV? I searched the listings on Sky Sports earlier, and they were showing a different fight. Or did they fail to mention that fight as well? :p

yeah all of Tysons fights are on Channel 5

yeah all of Tysons fights are on Channel 5

God, Channel 5? No wonder I didn't find it; I'd never associate them with boxing; just Fifth Gear, crap European football, the unnecessary revival of that cesspit known as Big Brother, and that god-awful circus sideshow known as The Gadget Show. :p

I don't get these opponents for Khan. We all wanna see him face either Bradley or Alexander, or even a Maidana rematch, so what's the hold ups?

I don't get these opponents for Khan. We all wanna see him face either Bradley or Alexander, or even a Maidana rematch, so what's the hold ups?

I think it's because Lamont Peterson is the mandatory challenger for the IBF title, so maybe they threatened to strip Khan of the title he just won if he didn't face Peterson.

Hopefully he'll step up again in 2012. Bradley or Alexander, or even Maidana would be good to see, but I'm still hoping for him to fight Vargas, just to see him earn a shot against Mayweather.

Maidana has a challenger now I believe its McCloskey who Khan beat

WHAT THE F***ING F**K!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

That has to be the most fixed fight I've ever seen! Ortiz was a bloody moron throughout the entire fight, as he almost never went for the body, and then he puts the cherry on top of the cake by headbutting him!

The end of that fight is further proof that Joe Cortez is the most bent ref in prizefighting. He was completely biased to Mayweather when he cheated to victory against Hatton, and now THIS! That c**t should be banned from refereeing any more fights!

Come on, Mayweather, you f***ing p***y, stop ducking and fight Pacquiao, you f***ing coward!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Fixed Fights FTL.

This might as well been another wrestling event with Paul Bear as the ref...

Oi, now that's just disrespect to Paul Bearer; he'd be a million times better than Joe Cortez. :p

The obvious quote of the night from Larry Merchant: "I wish I was 50 years younger and I'd kick your ass."

Larry, we all wish that too...

I hope that the boxing association looks closely at this fight and hope they strip Mayweather of that title and fined him and also suspend him from boxing for this insult of a fight.

Yeah, that's one of my preferences; strip Mayweather of the WBC title, reverse the decision, and fine him and suspend him to hell.

My other preference is for the WBC to make Pacquiao his mandatory challenger. Perhaps then, the fight may finally go ahead...

Some critics had suggested the bout would be a 'tune-up' for Mayweather before an agreement is finally reached for a Manny Pacquiao fight next year.

But Khan said he would fight at 140lbs for the final time on 10 December before stepping up to welterweight with an eye on Mayweather.

"The fight between me and Floyd Mayweather has to happen next year," Khan said.

"In my eyes he is the one I want. If I want to be the best pound-for-pound fighter, I have to beat him.

"I know I have got his number because I have got the technique and skills to beat him."

Khan said Mayweather's camp wanted him to take on one of the American's gym fighters Jessie Vargas before getting to take on Mayweather himself.

"I am happy if Floyd says I have to beat him," Khan said. "I am happy to move up to 147, fight him and take on Floyd around November time."

735036139.jpg

:rofl:

847433031.gif

Well if it was illegal on Mayweather's part to do what he did, I would think Ortiz would have been crying foul right when it happened, well once he realized he just got knocked out that is. :rofl:

It was without a doubt dirty, but it is actually Ortiz's fault for letting his guard down. They had already hugged once, Floyd was obviously not happy with the head butt, so Floyd said no thanks to the second hug, and just started swinging. You could tell Floyd actually was shocked Ortiz had his guard down that much, as it took him a decent amount of time to throw the second punch.

If anyone is to blame, it is that joke of a ref who always seems to be in the middle of controversy. And I am not a fan of Mayweather the person at all, think he is one of the more pompous idiots out there, but Mayweather the boxer I have respect for, and despite the controversial ending, he was dominating the fight the entire time up to it.

So yeah, crazy ending, but not all that surprising with Boxing these days. It is not what it used to be, that is for sure, so that have to do something to try and compete with UFC. I guess they have decided to make it a circus.

With all that said, what Floyd did to my man Larry Merchant was pretty entertaining, even if it was completely disrespectful.

for me paquiao could just dont fight maywhether, no one could beat this douchebag, and it always bring the worse controversy to boxing, he says its the money man? i say he its more an attention ######. Paquiao and many ohers have class, respect and really wants to bring an epic show no this kind of crap... I guess the only reason i would like to see a maywether match its because somehow im hopefully that someone beat this guy