32 posts in this topic

Day one - 7 million downloads

Day two - 15 million as of 16:24 IST 24.3.11 , i.e. 8 million downloads!

Record was of 8 million downloads by Firefox 3 it self

http://glow.mozilla.org/

197532_10150137559514260_680289259_6491860_4779597_n.jpg

Sweet (Y)

Nice result. And here I was thinking most people used Chrome (not including IE of course).

Anyone else having trouble opening the download stats page lol?

Its meaningless as it doesn't matter if 1 or 1,000,000,000 are downloaded as its free.

Its meaningless as it doesn't matter if 1 or 1,000,000,000 are downloaded as its free.

ur comment is meaningless :|

Anyone else having trouble opening the download stats page lol?

yeah :p its hardware accelerated i guess , my graphic card sounds badly :p

Edit: now i see no counter , in all browsers , seems like they are updating it!

3 people like this

ur comment is meaningless :|

It is meaningless as it doesn't matter how many are downloaded you still get nothing.

Maybe they're done counting, since it's already 2 days and they already broke the record. Hitting 15M in 2 days is 1 thing, maintaining those users is something. I'm hopeful that FX4 can keep it up. Now, back to minefield :)

Right, one thing Firefox is still good at.

It is meaningless as it doesn't matter how many are downloaded you still get nothing.

its same as cheering for ur favorite baseball / basketball team . now dont say u dont even cheer anyone!

Maybe they're done counting, since it's already 2 days and they already broke the record. Hitting 15M in 2 days is 1 thing, maintaining those users is something. I'm hopeful that FX4 can keep it up. Now, back to minefield :)

its back now

its same as cheering for ur favorite baseball / basketball team . now dont say u dont even cheer anyone!

its back now

No its not the same, I don't have a company cheering, I am an individual. I get paid to work to though.

No its not the same, I don't have a company cheering, I am an individual. I get paid to work to though.

an individual cheering for a company , well , i dont think Mozilla is just company , its really way too open , where was i , yeah , an individual cheering for a company is more or less same like an individual cheering for a sports team IMO , and i dont wish to take this discuss any further , if u find no meaning in it , stay out of it then , why waste your precious time in talking to people like me then :)

Nice. Congrats to them. :)

That`s some serious bandwidth being used right there, you got it out.....................in the end :rolleyes:

Well done, maybe i should have downloaded it as well, but the RC2 (which i`m using) was the final so didn`t update!

Do you have any idea on how much money Mozilla makes?

A lot.

Of course it matters. On a financial front, it shows that Firefox is still a popular browser. Since Mozilla has many contracts with Google (and therefore funding), if they were not considered popular they would lose their contracts, losing their funding and potentially disappearing. The number isn't meaningless. It's a means to gauge the success of the product, just like with any other product that is brought to market. Although it might be free for people to download, that doesn't mean that the number doesn't play a part in finance.

From a user's perspective, 15 million individual downloads is a lot. Granted, many of those downloads may be people trying it out, but even if you say that 50% of people that try it went back to their original browser, that leaves you with 8.5 million people that think Firefox is superior to their previous browser. You have a reason to research in to the pros and cons of switching yourself.

That number must be a lot bigger with people downloading it from third-party websites, or other distribution channels (I got mine updated through the package manager because I'm on Linux). And yeah, as Intrinsica said, as a marketing tool, these numbers mean a lot.

And I was read a lot of comments that is end of Firefox, like we see it isn't, very good score, congratulations ;)

I added to this number :D

wait, where's oceania?

Map at Wikipedia

1 person likes this

I can proudly say I didn't contribute to this! :p