Syfy's "Alphas"

Tempted to get into this show. Is it worth my time?

I think one of the best ways to define it would be "CSI with superpowers" the episodes have powers but most of the time the characters are grounded and flawed, it's not over the top like Heroes' later seasons, and it's got some nice guests from time to time, next episode is Summer Glau :) If you liked the first season of Heroes you'll love this

I am liking this show more and more :) This week's episode was excellent. I'm glad I gave this show a shot.

Gary: you need to step up your game! :p

another amazing episode made better by Summer Glau's awesomeness :wub: and Gary continues to be my favourite character.. "It's show time" :laugh:

NNNNNNOOOOOOooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Summer Glau has appeared in Alphas, the curse is with this show it will be cancelled.

Just a brief off the top of my head history with summer.

Firefly - Cancelled

Terminator - The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Cancelled

The Cape - Cancelled

:no:

Summer Glau has appeared in Alphas, the curse is with this show it will be cancelled.

Firefly - Cancelled

The Cape - Cancelled

Add Dollhouse to that list to :cry:

Still loved to see her though.

Firefly - Cancelled

The Cape - Cancelled

Exactly what I thought when I saw her :rofl: was a good ep though.

Firefly - Cancelled

The Cape - Cancelled

Enough with the curse already, she has appeared in Big Bang Theory and it is still going strong, she appeared in Chuck and they didn't cancel it, they're ending on their own terms, just because she made some bad choices doesn't mean she has a curse, Firefly and TSCC were canceled because of stupid FOX executives that failed to see the great potential in those series. :angry:

Enough with the curse already, she has appeared in Big Bang Theory and it is still going strong, she appeared in Chuck and they didn't cancel it, they're ending on their own terms, just because she made some bad choices doesn't mean she has a curse, Firefly and TSCC were canceled because of stupid FOX executives that failed to see the great potential in those series. :angry:

It's more of a joke than anything, no one seriously thinks she's cursed! :p

(...do they?)

It's more of a joke than anything, no one seriously thinks she's cursed! :p

(...do they?)

I dunno, Dollhouse was canceled shortly after she appeared on the show, so was The Unit....

So list of shows she has appeared in that were canceled

Firefly

The Unit

The 4400

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Dollhouse

The Cape

Shows that ended on their own terms

Angel

Cold Case

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (The only show that deserves to be canceled)

The Big bang Theory

Chuck

It's about even.

I dunno, Dollhouse was canceled shortly after she appeared on the show, so was The Unit....

Firefly

The Unit

The 4400

Dollhouse

The Cape

Angel

Cold Case

The Big bang Theory

Chuck

It's about even.

The Big bang Theory is still going

Firefly

The Unit

The 4400

Dollhouse

The Cape

Angel

Cold Case

The Big bang Theory

Chuck

It's about even.

She doesn't cause it, a lot of shows just have her guest star as a last ditch attempt to get more viewers and get cancelled anyway.

I finally got around to watching the first two episodes and so far, I think it's quite enjoyable. One thing I really like about the show is its portrayal of abilities. It's more realistic than a show like Heroes where people have abilities that have no limits in terms of usage.

I must say, i'm surprised with this show. It's good (like others have said, it's not amazing, but it's a good show). I like that they put limits on the powers. The man with super strength has to exert a lot of effort to move a car, the mind control won't work on everyone, etc.

Yeah, liking it so far. Some folks are just too butt hurt over Syfy canceling SG:U/Caprica.

Yes I am.

I won't watch any of this garbage they are squeezing out. Ever since this channel name change it seems like a completely different channel.

Yes I am.

I won't watch any of this garbage they are squeezing out. Ever since this channel name change it seems like a completely different channel.

this is a good show, deal with it :p

Wow. Episode 9 looks like it's going to be amazing. I can't believe Brent Spiner will be making a guest appearance on the show. As for episode 8, it was pretty emotional.

I wonder why Jonas' ability nullified Bill Harken's ability. He couldn't "amp up" to move a heavy barrel and even after the effects of the light wore off, he mentioned he still couldn't amp up.