Syfy's "Alphas"

Syfy announced today that it has ordered 13 more episodes of the superhuman drama series "Alphas" for 2012:

Syfy's new super-powered original drama series Alphas, featuring a team of superhuman investigators, will be returning for a second season, it was announced today by Mark Stern, President, Original Content, Syfy, and Co-Head, Original Content, Universal Cable Productions. Syfy is ordering 13 episodes of the breakout scripted summer hit from series producers Universal Cable Productions and BermanBraun Television to air in 2012.

"Alphas' smart, innovative approach to a superhero franchise has clearly caught on with our audience," said Stern. "From the first-rate writing to the outstanding cast lead by David Strathairn, we're very proud of what was achieved in its first season and look forward to seeing this series fulfill even more of its creative potential in a second season."

Alphas debuted on July 11th and became Syfy's most-watched original scripted series premiere in two years. To date, premiere episodes which air Monday nights at 10PM ET/PT have averaged 3.3 million total viewers (including all available Live +7 DVR data).

Comparatively, in both key demos, Alphas has outperformed other new and returning scripted series this season including Teen Wolf, Rescue Me, Hawthorne and The Killing. Alphas also tops Memphis Beat in Adults 18-49.

Alphas has scored impressive numbers with on demand viewers since its July launch averaging over 240,000 plays within 7 days per episode. Alphas is also Syfy's most popular series in digital downloads.

Alphas, airing Monday nights at 10PM ET/PT on Syfy, follows a clandestine group of ordinary people whose unique neurological condition equips them with extraordinary physical abilities. Led by preeminent neurologist and psychiatrist Dr. Lee Rosen (Emmy Award-winner and Academy Award-nominee David Strathairn (Temple Grandin, Good Night, and Good Luck) and operating within the Defense Department, the team investigates cases involving other Alpha activity. The ensemble cast also stars Malik Yoba (New York Undercover, Why Did I Get Married?), Warren Christie (October Road), Azita Ghanizada (Castle), Ryan Cartwright (Bones) and Laura Mennell (Watchmen). Valerie Cruz is a recurring guest star.

Notable guest stars this season include Summer Glau (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles), Garret Dillahunt (Raising Hope), Lindsay Wagner (The Bionic Woman), Brent Spiner (Star Trek: The Next Generation) and Rebecca Mader (Lost) on September 12th and John Pyper Ferguson (Caprica) on September 26th.

Created by Zak Penn and Michael Karnow, Alphas is a production of Universal Cable Productions and BermanBraun Television.

Source: Superherohype

What were you saying about a Summer Glau curse? :p

It's not a bad show, but, it's just a knock off of "XMen" and done with a much lower budget.

It's not a bad show, but, it's just a knock off of "XMen" and done with a much lower budget.

so was Heroes, the 4400, etc, I find it fun, and most of it is because of Gary and Nina's hotness :wub:

Nina is freaking hot for sure. I like Gary too and the other girl. She's classy hot vs Nina being sexy hot. LOL

Anyways, glad it's back for another run. :yes:

Yes! I'm really glad they're making another 13 episodes. I was somewhat worried that the show might be cancelled. Also, I can't wait to see Rebecca Mader. I think she's slightly more attractive than Laura Mennell (Nina).

Rebecca:

rebecca-mader-7775.jpg

:blush:

Syfy announced today that it has ordered 13 more episodes of the superhuman drama series "Alphas" for 2012:

Syfy's new super-powered original drama series Alphas, featuring a team of superhuman investigators, will be returning for a second season, it was announced today by Mark Stern, President, Original Content, Syfy, and Co-Head, Original Content, Universal Cable Productions. Syfy is ordering 13 episodes of the breakout scripted summer hit from series producers Universal Cable Productions and BermanBraun Television to air in 2012.

"Alphas' smart, innovative approach to a superhero franchise has clearly caught on with our audience," said Stern. "From the first-rate writing to the outstanding cast lead by David Strathairn, we're very proud of what was achieved in its first season and look forward to seeing this series fulfill even more of its creative potential in a second season."

Alphas debuted on July 11th and became Syfy's most-watched original scripted series premiere in two years. To date, premiere episodes which air Monday nights at 10PM ET/PT have averaged 3.3 million total viewers (including all available Live +7 DVR data).

Comparatively, in both key demos, Alphas has outperformed other new and returning scripted series this season including Teen Wolf, Rescue Me, Hawthorne and The Killing. Alphas also tops Memphis Beat in Adults 18-49.

Alphas has scored impressive numbers with on demand viewers since its July launch averaging over 240,000 plays within 7 days per episode. Alphas is also Syfy's most popular series in digital downloads.

Alphas, airing Monday nights at 10PM ET/PT on Syfy, follows a clandestine group of ordinary people whose unique neurological condition equips them with extraordinary physical abilities. Led by preeminent neurologist and psychiatrist Dr. Lee Rosen (Emmy Award-winner and Academy Award-nominee David Strathairn (Temple Grandin, Good Night, and Good Luck) and operating within the Defense Department, the team investigates cases involving other Alpha activity. The ensemble cast also stars Malik Yoba (New York Undercover, Why Did I Get Married?), Warren Christie (October Road), Azita Ghanizada (Castle), Ryan Cartwright (Bones) and Laura Mennell (Watchmen). Valerie Cruz is a recurring guest star.

Notable guest stars this season include Summer Glau (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles), Garret Dillahunt (Raising Hope), Lindsay Wagner (The Bionic Woman), Brent Spiner (Star Trek: The Next Generation) and Rebecca Mader (Lost) on September 12th and John Pyper Ferguson (Caprica) on September 26th.

Created by Zak Penn and Michael Karnow, Alphas is a production of Universal Cable Productions and BermanBraun Television.

Source: Superherohype

What were you saying about a Summer Glau curse? :p

Good news!

Yes! I'm really glad they're making another 13 episodes. I was somewhat worried that the show might be cancelled. Also, I can't wait to see Rebecca Mader. I think she's slightly more attractive than Laura Mennell (Nina).

Rebecca:

rebecca-mader-7775.jpg

:blush:

Oh, Reflex guy/Commander Shepard will have a though time choosing between Nina and this babe :wub:

I just found out Nina was Dr Manhattan's girlfriend in Watchmen :o

Oh, Reflex guy/Commander Shepard will have a though time choosing between Nina and this babe :wub:

I just found out Nina was Dr Manhattan's girlfriend in Watchmen :o

Yeah, it'd be a tough choice indeed. As for Laura Mennell (Nina), it turns out she did play Dr. Manhattan's old girlfriend. I noticed the resemblance as soon as I read your post but I checked IMDB just to be sure.

I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode with Brent Spiner (Data from Star Trek). :)

Awesome episode! It was a little better than I expected. As for the new abilities,

I didn't expect the echolocation one. And oddly enough, I kinda expected the invisibility one. I was thinking about Alphas the other day and tried to come up with abilities that would fit with the show (e.g. realistic abilities). The first one that came to mind was perceptual invisibility.

The preview for the next episode (1x10 "The Unusual Suspects") looks good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vscgDkbNUh4

Awesome episode! It was a little better than I expected. As for the new abilities,

I didn't expect the echolocation one. And oddly enough, I kinda expected the invisibility one. I was thinking about Alphas the other day and tried to come up with abilities that would fit with the show (e.g. realistic abilities). The first one that came to mind was perceptual invisibility.

The preview for the next episode (1x10 "The Unusual Suspects") looks good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vscgDkbNUh4

I have to say, I'm glad

Bill got HIS ability back. One non-super human is enough in the 'team'.

I'm interested in where this Red Flag / Rouge thing is going... wonder if RedFlagDeals.com can get some form of mention on the program! *LOL*.

It's a good 'time killing' show, and I'll continue to watch it. :D

I have to say, I'm glad

Bill got HIS ability back. One non-super human is enough in the 'team'.

I'm interested in where this Red Flag / Rouge thing is going... wonder if RedFlagDeals.com can get some form of mention on the program! *LOL*.

It's a good 'time killing' show, and I'll continue to watch it. :D

Me too. I think it was pretty obvious though that it would happen.

I wonder what red flag is all about, but...

the addition of a third faction should make things interesting. We know that Griffin was hired by a group that wanted Kern's formula so that alone makes them separate from red flag (since Kern worked for red flag). As for who they are, I think it'd be best for them to remain a mystery for as long as possible. Unlike red flag, they don't seem to have an allegiance of any sort. After all, we know that red flag wants to do whatever it takes to create more alphas and that they don't care about normal people. Basically, they believe that they're superior. As for Griffin's employers, they seem even more mysterious and scary than red flag because they don't care who they hurt: alpha or otherwise.

Another great episode. I was actually caught by surprise this time. I didn't expect

the shapeshifter until well into the episode.

Another great episode. I was actually caught by surprise this time. I didn't expect

the shapeshifter until well into the episode.

Yeah same here. I am surprised how off guard it caught me,

considering how strange he was acting the whole episode lol

. Excellent episode, great tension.

Yeah same here. I am surprised how off guard it caught me,

considering how strange he was acting the whole episode lol

. Excellent episode, great tension.

Haha! I'm glad I wasn't alone.

I thought it was a bit weird when he shrugged off Hicks after he asked him if Eric was an ex-patient of his. Also, I wonder what happened to Bill Harken at the end of the episode. I hope he still has his ability.

I love this show... the probalem I have, is SyFy puts all it's "good shows" (eggs) on one night (basket).

You have Alphas, Eureka, and Warehouse 13 all on Mondays. :s

They should spread them out, and have them each 'anchor' a day of the week - 8pm Monday for Eureka, 8pm Tuesday for Alphas, and 8pm Wednesday for Warehouse 13. (Star Trek Voyager started on Wed 8pm, and had high ratings on UPN.)

Wow! That was amazing. What a way to end the season. I can't wait to see what will happen next.

• 8 months later...