iPAD2 : Long Lines Forming Across the Globe

Apple is launching the iPad 2 in 25 countries today, and unsurprisingly, long lines can be seen in front of all Apple retail locations across the world. Many international buyers showed up early at their local store this morning, to make sure not to come back home empty handed....

http://www.iosnoops.com/2011/03/25/ipad-2-international-launch-long-lines-forming-across-the-globe/

I think I would be doing other things if was in Amsterdam then standing in line to buy something.

Perspective, for those living in New York standing in lines at the Apple Store for an iPad 2, I bet Amsterdam locals felt the same way about doing other things in NY......

Is this in addition to the lines and other oddities appearing on the ipad2 screen when in use?

I think I would be doing other things if was in Amsterdam then standing in line to buy something.

:shiftyninja:

Touche. You could always go to California though, and claim you're "too stressed". They'll give you some.

:shiftyninja:

Perspective, for those living in New York standing in lines at the Apple Store for an iPad 2, I bet Amsterdam locals felt the same way about doing other things in NY......

exactly

Touche. You could always go to California though, and claim you're "too stressed". They'll give you some.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to other things besides weed. Living in northern cal, most people I know who smoke just buy it all from each other. *shrug*

imag0497.jpg

Is this person, WITH an iPad, waiting in line to buy another one? *face palm*

Nothing better to do.

I always think its a shame that people are so willing to give themselves to a product without any hesitation. I could understand it if there was only going to be 20 released and it was worth something. We truly are at our evolutionary peak.

Why is it that people always laugh at other people that stand in line for something they want to have? Remember when people stood in line for the Harry Potter novels? Or Rolling Stones records? Or at the movies? Why stand in line for something you can easily download? For free, even, if you like?

Leave them alone, don't stand there if you don't want to and let those who buy an iPad be happy with their purchase, for gods sakes... c'mon... Live and let live...

Congrats on your purchase, .Neo! I see you have the white one? Looks great, would not have been my choice though - I used to prefare white over black but I would assume that the white kinda kills the contrast! Plus, you see the thin black line between display and brezel. :p But then again, white definately looks better. However, congrats! :-)

Why is it that people always laugh at other people that stand in line for something they want to have? Remember when people stood in line for the Harry Potter novels? Or Rolling Stones records? Or at the movies? Why stand in line for something you can easily download? For free, even, if you like?

Leave them alone, don't stand there if you don't want to and let those who buy an iPad be happy with their purchase, for gods sakes... c'mon... Live and let live...

Congrats on your purchase, .Neo! I see you have the white one? Looks great, would not have been my choice though - I used to prefare white over black but I would assume that the white kinda kills the contrast! Plus, you see the thin black line between display and brezel. :p But then again, white definately looks better. However, congrats! :-)

I think its right that we question why people stand in line for something they could easily get the next day without having to wait. Who needs mindless followers these days. I don't congratulate you on your purchase at all.. if you didn't really need the upgrade or the purchase is nothing more then a minor twinkle in your dark life then all you have done is prove some marketing guys ( who earns more money than he has brains cells) right once again.

I think its right that we question why people stand in line for something they could easily get the next day without having to wait. Who needs mindless followers these day.

Yeah, all those folks standing in line for the movies every god damn day are so stupid... they could have the movie in no time on their computer! Or they could just wait those few more weeks for it to come out on DVD!

Maybe they stand in line because they want it badly. Maybe they stand in line for the hell of it. Maybe they stand in line to be the first to have one. Maybe they stand in line to socialize with folks that they share an interest with. Maybe they stand in line because they accidentally bumped into a line of people that just won't go away and they can't get past... whatever.

Yeah, all those folks standing in line for the movies every god damn day are so stupid... they could have the movie in no time on their computer! Or they could just wait those few more weeks for it to come out on DVD!

Maybe they stand in line because they want it badly. Maybe they stand in line for the hell of it. Maybe they stand in line to be the first to have one. Maybe they stand in line to socialize with folks that they share an interest with. Maybe they stand in line because they accidentally bumped into a line of people that just won't go away and they can't get past... whatever.

Its not even REMOTELY the same scenario.

You can pre-order something and usually its shipped a day or two before so you get it day and date with the people who stand in line. People wait for a movie because thats the only place to see it.

Its not even REMOTELY the same scenario.

You can pre-order something and usually its shipped a day or two before so you get it day and date with the people who stand in line. People wait for a movie because thats the only place to see it.

No it's not. They could wait, couldn't they?

Maybe some people just enjoy standing there with similar minded people, talking about a specific topic and at the end of a day call a brand new gadget their own? What's your goddamn problem with that?

• Like 2

Whats the point in lining up when you can just order one on internet and get it for launch day.

Except for the fact estimated delivery times are 3-4 weeks.

You stand in line for a movie because you have to queue to get in. If your in a normal queue in a shop because a few people are alos shopping at the same time then thats life.

If your camping outside a store for 5 hours before it opens to get your hands on a product you haven't tested but must have before anyone else then somethings up.

I think its right that we question why people stand in line for something they could easily get the next day without having to wait. Who needs mindless followers these days. I don't congratulate you on your purchase at all.. if you didn't really need the upgrade or the purchase is nothing more then a minor twinkle in your dark life then all you have done is prove some marketing guys ( who earns more money than he has brains cells) right once again.

Man, I'm glad I don't know you in real life. You must love raining on people's parades.

Whats the point in lining up when you can just order one on internet and get it for launch day.

Nah, you can't get it launch day... You can get it at the end of April though :)