Photo

The Fish Dies in the End for iPhone - Out NOW!

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 OP gutenbergn

gutenbergn

Neowinian

Posted 14 April 2011 - 22:37

Has any of you guys tried the game? I was really looking forward to hearing your thoughts! I already got a lot of awesome feedback that will help me make the future versions of the game much better and I'm sure that you guys can also help me with that.

In other news, The Fish Dies in the End has been featured by Apple today under both the Action and Arcade categories! Here's hoping that this will help with the sales :).

Posted Image

#32 Valerus

Valerus

thewilltodd.com

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:54

good luck with the game, sir!

#33 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:51

I picked it up last night.
I really like the incredibly simple game mechanics. The press to go up really is very effective. Really nice job. (Y)

I was slightly disappointed to see it was not in iPad resolution though, but that is obviously something down the road you can recreate.
Do you have any plans of recreating the assets to make it a higher resolution?

If you do not have any plans, like the artist you worked with is not available, etc, let me know.

#34 OP gutenbergn

gutenbergn

Neowinian

Posted 15 April 2011 - 16:29

@Valerus: Thanks!

@DirtyLarry: Thanks a lot for playing the game and I'm really happy that you like it :) . I do have plans actually to make an iPad version available in the future, but at the moment I'm more interested in improving this iPhone version as much as I can. If you have any suggestions of things you'd like to see in the game to make it better, please don't hesitate in telling me!

#35 Massiveterra

Massiveterra

◕ ◡ ◕

Posted 11 May 2011 - 00:16

Looks like someone is getting a little bit of exposure :)

http://www.joystiq.c...ies-in-the-end/

#36 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

Posted 11 May 2011 - 00:26

Looks like someone is getting a little bit of exposure :)

http://www.joystiq.c...ies-in-the-end/

Very cool. (Y)

And gutenbergn, I was basically saying if the artist you worked with is not available to do the assets for the game in high resolution for the iPad contact me and I would do it free of charge. Although I do not do much of it nowadays, I have moved on to more of a management role and no longer do development, I am an illustrator who graduated from Parsons in NYC, and I would totally do design for free just so I have a video game I worked on. Or possibly more likely, keep me in mind for your next game. ;)

#37 OP gutenbergn

gutenbergn

Neowinian

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:32

You guys are fast! I came here to tell you the news about the Joystiq interview and it's here already, really cool :) . Thanks a lot for that, Massiveterra. After the game was cracked the sales numbers became really pitiful so I'm hoping that this exposure will help a bit.

@DirtyLarry: That would be fantastic! Don't you think it would be too much for you to do for free though?

#38 Massiveterra

Massiveterra

◕ ◡ ◕

Posted 11 May 2011 - 16:46

The game was cracked?

#39 Lels

Lels

Man, I love being a turtle!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 16:49

The game was cracked?

Almost every iOS application gets cracked.

#40 Rudy

Rudy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 May 2011 - 16:50

The game was cracked?

Pretty much every single iPhone app/game is cracked :/

edit: Walkie beat me to it :D

#41 Macrohard

Macrohard

Neowinian

Posted 11 May 2011 - 16:50

The game was cracked?

Not surprising since pretty much every iOS app gets cracked these days (even the free ones). Sorry to hear your sales are suffering so badly as a result, people who pirate 99 cent apps have a special place in hell reserved for them.

EDIT: Wow, beaten to the punch. Twice. :pinch:

#42 OP gutenbergn

gutenbergn

Neowinian

Posted 11 May 2011 - 17:30

As you guys pointed out, it's almost impossible for a app not to be cracked these days. Since I was releasing a low-profile game I was hoping that it would at least take some time for it to be cracked, but it was less than 1 week! :blink: . I didn't get angry or anything because that's just the way it is and there's really nothing to do but it's still kinda sad.

#43 Massiveterra

Massiveterra

◕ ◡ ◕

Posted 11 May 2011 - 17:38

I honestly have been ignorant to the fact that cracking ios games have been rampant. I had no clue it was that bad. Especially since most games ar $.99 - $5. Pretty sad :no:

#44 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

Posted 11 May 2011 - 18:04

You guys are fast! I came here to tell you the news about the Joystiq interview and it's here already, really cool :) . Thanks a lot for that, Massiveterra. After the game was cracked the sales numbers became really pitiful so I'm hoping that this exposure will help a bit.

@DirtyLarry: That would be fantastic! Don't you think it would be too much for you to do for free though?

It very well may be, but at the very least I would be interested in hearing what you need and see if I could swing it.

I would definitely need a bit more time then if you were paying someone, there is no doubt about that. But truth is although I am an artist and have been my entire life (I graduated from Parsons in NYC with a degree in Illustration in 1996), I just do not really do much design / art at all these days. I have more of a managerial role now in my career. So it would be an outlet for me to do something more creative, and I would really just be into the whole idea of working on a game. Of course it also depends on how complex the game is, and if it ventures into 3D then I simply just cannot help you, but if it is another 2D platformer or side scrolling game like this one is, like I said, at the very least I would like to hear what you need. :yes:

Sorry to hear about the game being cracked hurting sales, that does suck, but unfortunately as you pointed out, it is expected.

#45 OP gutenbergn

gutenbergn

Neowinian

Posted 11 May 2011 - 19:40

That's really great DirtyLarry! As soon as I start working on a new game I'll contact you. :) Thanks once again for the generous offer, much appreciated man.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!