Photo

The Fish Dies in the End for iPhone - Out NOW!

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#46 vetAndrew Lyle

Andrew Lyle

Don't Panic!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 19:44

Looks more like a kids game. Not exactly my type, but good work.

#47 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 11 May 2011 - 19:57

That's really great DirtyLarry! As soon as I start working on a new game I'll contact you. :) Thanks once again for the generous offer, much appreciated man.

Sounds good. (Y)

#48 OP gutenbergn

gutenbergn

Neowinian

Posted 11 May 2011 - 21:15

Looks more like a kids game. Not exactly my type, but good work.

A shame that it's not your type of game. If you ever change your mind and try it, give me your feedback! :)

#49 OP gutenbergn

gutenbergn

Neowinian

Posted 11 July 2011 - 21:15

Hey guys, so after being quite for some time I have some pretty cool news today: The Fish Dies in the End 1.1 - The Fish Strikes Back has been released! For those who don't know the game, it's an undersea, pick up and play game featuring a cute little fish trying to survive as long as possible against all odds. The game has Retina support and is compatible with Game Center (Leaderboards and Achievements). You can check the previous posts on this thread for more information

The new update has been made with the players' suggestions in mind (many of these suggestions made here!) and adds many improvements to the game, including better placement of enemies and obstacles, more dynamic backgrounds, tutorial screens, better performance, and more. Most notably, there are three new power-ups that should provide more variety and entertainment to the players (and some much-needed help, of course!). If you played the game before, consider taking a look at the new version and if you haven't, why don't you try it now?

I updated the first post with new screens and some additional info, so please take a look there if interested. If you try the new version, let me know what you think! It'd be much appreciated.

Best,
Gutenberg

#50 OP gutenbergn

gutenbergn

Neowinian

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:54

Hello friends, I'm just posting to say that The Fish Dies in the End has just been re-released! The new version is a pretty big update with lots of new additions to the game and, most importantly, makes it permanently free-to-play. No excuse not to try it now!

The idea for making the game F2P came a few months ago when we had a special promotion with the brazilian version of the game that was made free for a few days and quickly became the #1 app in the BR App Store with more than 70.000 downloads in less than a week. This seemed like the best way to bring new players to the game, so we immediately started working to release this improved version that you're able to play now. We hope that our friends worldwide can try it and have fun!

It would be great if you guys could play the game and, as always, feel free to let me know what you think!

Best regards.

#51 SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 2012 Macbook Pro, CR-48 Chromebook from Google
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 03 April 2012 - 14:02

awesome gutenbergn, glad you are still in it!! Its a great little game and I think you did a fantastic job on it. Keep developing and making better and better games.

#52 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 03 April 2012 - 14:48

I know what a Retina Display is even though it is a gimmick market term. I think rather than "Retina support" as a key feature, you should highlight it instead as "Optimized for the iPhone 4". Makes you look alot more inteligent; "Retina support" looks like you bought in to Apple's marketing terms.

And I believe Android is a better market as of right now than iOS. On alot more devices than iOS is on.

Good look with your app

What a bunch of BS.

Don't listen to this tool. Retina support means something, iPhone 4 support implies that the game doesn't support previous versions of the iPhone (and I doubt that is true). Retina is a better name for a display resolution than "High Definition" which is subjective and meaningless..what's next, "Ultra High Definition"... or wait, how about the successor to "Super Amoled" be "Super-Duper Amoled"?

Just because something is a trade name or marketed name doesn't mean you are unintelligent for being consistent with the manufacturer and designers names. I think Mr. Hondaa would seem a lot more intelligent if he knew how to spell properly.

#53 IceBreakerG

IceBreakerG

Local Ninja! Code Ninja That Is.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 14:49

Any chance for an Android version of this? Specifically one that will work on the Samsung Galaxy S II :)

#54 LSlari69

LSlari69

Neowinian

• Phone: Galaxy Tab

Posted 07 July 2012 - 16:31

It's not available in my country. :|

#55 pissedoff_guy

pissedoff_guy

Neowinian

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:14

Wow, what a hot thread! I don’t mind playing these types of games really. My app list includes a mixture of rpg and classic games. I sometimes need those comfort games so. .. Well, I’m glad man that you do get involved with trying to gain responses so you’d be able to improve the game. Nice one! I will definitely check this out and would give my feedback. Good luck!

#56 LSlari69

LSlari69

Neowinian

• Phone: Galaxy Tab

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:28

rather mobid a title for the game. haha

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!