Photo

Best Cydia Apps?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Massiveterra

Massiveterra

◕ ◡ ◕

Posted 11 April 2011 - 18:47

I completely forgot that Apple took VLC Player off of the app store, so yeah, it's a great free app to download for you jailbreakers

#17 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 830

Posted 11 April 2011 - 18:54

I personally love OpenNotifier since I use my iPhone at work. Lets me know if I have an email, missed call, or simply in silent mode without unlocking the device.

#18 witalit

witalit

Always looking ahead..

• Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 13 April 2011 - 13:10

A lot of folks will recommend MyWi, but as of the 4.3.1 jailbreak it is a complete waste of money. TetherMe is 10% of the cost of MyWi and will simply enable the built-in tethering functions that Apple designed, including the new Personal Hotspot feature. Besides TetherMe, I definitely recommend SBSettings (with Tethering toggle and iRetina/iNavBarHD theme), LockInfo (with Lock Weather plugin), iFile (amazing file browser with a plethora of supported file types), Safari Download Manager (this should be obvious), FolderEnhancer (faster than Infinifolders and with more functionality), and SpringFlash (the perfect way to utilize the flash as a flashlight on the iPhone 4).

Dude installed TetherMe on 4.2.1 and it didn't work for me!! MyWii is lame but at least it works most of the time.. TetherMe just looks like the built in tethering feature? I dont get it.

#19 Macrohard

Macrohard

Neowinian

Posted 15 April 2011 - 21:23

Dude installed TetherMe on 4.2.1 and it didn't work for me!! MyWii is lame but at least it works most of the time.. TetherMe just looks like the built in tethering feature? I dont get it.

That's why I said "as of 4.3.1". TetherMe enables the built-in tethering features that Apple designed, which in the case of 4.2.1 is just USB and Bluetooth. As of 4.3.1 it will also unlock the Wireless Hotspot feature on the iPhone 4. If you want to use your iPhone as a wireless hotspot on anything before 4.3.1 you would still need to use MyWi.

#20 witalit

witalit

Always looking ahead..

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:08

That's why I said "as of 4.3.1". TetherMe enables the built-in tethering features that Apple designed, which in the case of 4.2.1 is just USB and Bluetooth. As of 4.3.1 it will also unlock the Wireless Hotspot feature on the iPhone 4. If you want to use your iPhone as a wireless hotspot on anything before 4.3.1 you would still need to use MyWi.

Bah nevermind me.

FolderEnhancer is great! I love it real cool feature that Apple have totally sucked with. Thats why I jailbreak because Apple devs are lame the little tweaks they have left out is crazy.

SpeedIntensifier - Cool little tweak which allows you to adjust all animations of the system. Basically makes everything 'seem' quicker. I personally love this tweak as my iPhone 4 feels even more snappier! You can even boost the speed of animations to x10 which is super quick.

I have more but will need to list them later as I'm at work :-)

#21 alexalex

alexalex

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:27

Viber for free phone calls and SMS all over the world
Tango (replaces FaceTime) over wi-fi & 3G

#22 Dead'Soul

Dead'Soul

Think Simple!

• Phone: HTC One

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:22

activator, the best

#23 Roger H.

Roger H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 22
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 26 April 2011 - 19:38

While Cydia offers plenty of apps not available in the official App Store - there shall be no talking about pirating any apps; linking, hinting or otherwise.

Arrggh - Keep on doin' what you be doin' mi mateys! - LOL

#24 thevink

thevink

Neowinian

Posted 30 May 2011 - 18:36

MobileNotifier - http://www.phonesrev...features-fixes/

Now that it has a quick reply, IMO the sleekest notifier for the iPhone

#25 witalit

witalit

Always looking ahead..

Posted 31 May 2011 - 16:37

MobileNotifier - http://www.phonesrev...features-fixes/

Now that it has a quick reply, IMO the sleekest notifier for the iPhone

100% Agree with this, as a free mod this is amazing! Totally craps over apples notification system which fails in so many damn ways. If you haven't got this mod get it as your missing out.