Gmail Notifier Plus 2.3 RC2

I've packed Gmail Notifier Plus 2.3 RC1 RC2 and it's ready for download https://github.com/shellscape/Gmail-Notifier-Plus/downloads

I'm terribly swamped this Monday morning and don't have time to pretty up this announcement. Info on Gmail Notifier Plus is here Gmail Notifier Plus Readme

Changes for this version are listed here.

Please note that the point of this build is to get some real world usage before I mark 2.3 as complete and start work on the next version. This download is slightly larger than the last 2.2 download as it contains debugging symbols which provide more detailed information in the event of a crash. As a reminder, if you experience a crash or error, please report it here https://github.com/shellscape/Gmail-Notifier-Plus/issues . Please remember that detailed crash and error output is located at [root]:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Gmail Notifier Plus\Error Logs.

For my own sanity, I won't be replying to support requests or error reports on the forums here. But members should feel free to help out other members.

Please report any errors on the project on Github, along with error data. I won't triage issues on the forums here.

Report issues here: https://github.com/shellscape/Gmail-Notifier-Plus/issues

Cheers

Well, I installed it, it crashed after I hit the 'Let's Go' button about something regarding VisualBasic Powerpack (or something a long those lines), and now every time I go to start the App, it sits in my tray and does absolutely nothing, tried closing multiple times, same thing over and over. :/ I can't get the crash dialogue back up otherwise I could help you more.

Im not accusing anyone - but member made apps make me nervous that when I enter my credentials, it sends everything to the creator

Im not accusing anyone - but member made apps make me nervous that when I enter my credentials, it sends everything to the creator

Source got is available I believe.

Email previews no longer seem to be ordered by most recent.

I'm getting random error messages, which I also got with 2.2

Cheers

Forgot to ask, was the right click preview of the titles removed?

I'm going back to 2.2 for the time being.

Hopely andrew will sort these issues out.

Yep. If you guys google the Visual Basic Power pack and install it, you'll no longer get errors. I wasn't aware this component was going to cause issues, so install that as a stop-gap for the release candidate. I'll be putting out an RC2 which removes the reliance on that component.

If you're worried about your credentials being sent, open the app up in reflector, or download the source. thats WHY its open source.

Thanks to everyone for giving this a go. Stay tuned.

Ok all, RC2 has been posted. We'll see if #2 is the lucky one.

Since a few of you ignored the original post:

Please report any errors on the project on Github, along with error data. I won't triage issues on the forums here.

Report issues here: https://github.com/shellscape/Gmail-Notifier-Plus/issues

@Brian Miller. Dude, don't be lazy. Click the links I've provided in the original post. The github project page IS the official site for now.

The power pack is moot now :) I removed the dependency on it. I was only using it for the shapes components and because I was being really lazy.

Hello,

Just two simple question plsss :-)

1) Could Google blcok our accounts for using third party software for checking constantly our mails?

2) 2 minutes is ok? I don?t want to make Google people geting angry and block my personal account.

Thank you, Best Gmail notifier of the net.... tested all of them and Gmail Notifier Plus is the onlyone that works ok...

Mauricio (cabrote)

Hello,

Just two simple question plsss :-)

1) Could Google blcok our accounts for using third party software for checking constantly our mails?

2) 2 minutes is ok? I don?t want to make Google people geting angry and block my personal account.

Thank you, Best Gmail notifier of the net.... tested all of them and Gmail Notifier Plus is the onlyone that works ok...

Mauricio (cabrote)

1: Google doesn't care about a third part app access emails.

2: 2 minutes of what? Time between checking? You could check every other second and they wouldn't care.

They won't block you at all, calm down.

Releasing this without the original author's authorization is not cool you know.

Andrew explained that he tried to contact the original author but he did not answered - this is well documented.

Andrew is keeping the credit to the original author in the forum and on the software.

Releasing this without the original author's authorization is not cool you know.

releasing an app, never finishing it, disappearing off the face of the earth before making it open source: is not cool. the guy is doing what we all wanted, finishing an awesome program. i for one, see no issue with it. and as cadbusca pointed out, Andrew made more then a slight effort to contact the original author. And considering the original author specifically stated he was considering going to make the app open source before he disappeared of the face of the planet, I doubt the original author has/would have any issues.

Thanks for the support all. Very much appreciated.

@daty2k1 feel free to browse the source. it's completely open to everyone and anyone. you'll see that it barely resembles the abandonware that was last released. Popping in to complain (off-topic even) is pretty weak. Next time, don't ignore communication attempts for 4+ months http://gyazo.com/6ec44aee73faef5cd41c805a2ee6ded5.png

Cheers.

I complain because you never asked me if you could release a modified version of my application. You only asked for the source because it would make your life easier instead of using reflector. And now I see that Gmail Notifier Plus is a Shellscape Software. Very cool indeed.

You think what I did is not cool? What if I "disappeared of the face of the planet" for personal reasons?

Hi,

First off great job with this little app.

Now an idea for your app : is it possible to add a function that would open a browser directly to gmail on a double-click ?

Thanks a lot. Keep up the good work !