dysgenics

Neowinian

Posted 15 November 2012 - 21:15

yea i have 4890s so thats pre dx11, drivers are 12.6 legacy

#2522 ArialBlue

ArialBlue

var lulz;

Posted 15 November 2012 - 21:58

hmm why would firefox start doing this without updating and any changes to settings/drivers/hardware.

Posted Image

tried fresh profiles, reinstalling firefox and video drivers. issue is on both 32 and 64 builds and does not occur on other browsers.

I get on my 4k AMD GPU on W8 on Firefox.
IE10 renders like a champ.

100% Firefox problem.

#2523 Demz

Demz

Neowinian

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 16 November 2012 - 00:37

i take it no one knows when they " Mozilla " will decide if ever when they'll Add Australis tabs to what version of firefox? https://wiki.mozilla...elease_Tracking i see they removed the feature from Firefox19

#2524 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:31

AMD users also face this 3D clocks issue. When I use Chrome then my GPU remain it 2D clocks unless I run some demo related to CSS3 or Flash related site. IE smooth scroll and does not blur text on scrolling neither do Opera 12.10 do.

Only Firefox have these both issues.

It sounds like a driver issue, in that it isn't treating Firefox as primarily a 2D app (That's what the Nvidia driver does, which is why it goes back to 2D clocks then idle)

#2525 OP bogas04

bogas04

This title is bogus

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:14

Lot's more coming soon!

1) Downloads Panel (an interim solution is added for glow on competition , if it works well then it will be used for next Aurora, already landed on mc)
2) Australis Tabs (beta quality builds are ready as per devs , soonish to land)
3) Stub Installer is close to be done (you may download any stub installer from ftps)
4) New Try Build for Australis Customizations

Posted Image

#2526 LAMj

LAMj

Neowinian

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:33

Firefox is frantically becoming irrelevant, even in the non-tech crow. One of my friend, who doesn't follow tech news, has installed Opera of all thing. Mind you, I always have to update his Firefox build to the latest version whenever I chill with him. He's complaining that Firefox is becoming slow on his laptop. He has 10+ tabs open at anytime though. But still, switching to Opera? that would be the last thing I would pick after Chrome and IE.

#2527 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:46

Call it irrelevant if you want it's still the only browser I can completely customize to suit my needs and make look how I want it to look.

#2528 +Zlip792

Zlip792

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 9
  • Phone: Nokia C3-00 (8.70 firmware) It sucks!!!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:09

It sounds like a driver issue, in that it isn't treating Firefox as primarily a 2D app (That's what the Nvidia driver does, which is why it goes back to 2D clocks then idle)

I own nvidia GTX 460 1GB with driver used from 256 series to till now. So if it nvidia fault in your opinion then you should face it equally on your nvidia but you are not facing it so I don't know whats the reason is of it.

#2529 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:54

There's a section in the nvidia control panel for per-application settings, check that Firefox is listed in there (At some point after upgrading the driver/main app, the control panel gained a custom entry for Firefox)

I'd copy the settings that the drive came up with from my PC, but it's not working right now.

#2530 +Zlip792

Zlip792

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:44

There's a section in the nvidia control panel for per-application settings, check that Firefox is listed in there (At some point after upgrading the driver/main app, the control panel gained a custom entry for Firefox)

I'd copy the settings that the drive came up with from my PC, but it's not working right now.

These are mine settings:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Anything recommend, these are default ones, I recently installed new BETA drivers few days back.

#2531 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:06

The adaptive power mode should do it, not sure why it isn't kicking in for you.

#2532 +Zlip792

Zlip792

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:38

The adaptive power mode should do it, not sure why it isn't kicking in for you.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I think so then I will remain clueless what the hell is going on.. LOL!!!

#2533 OP bogas04

bogas04

This title is bogus

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 16 November 2012 - 19:37

Posted Image

This looks perfect now I guess. Downloads Panel is pretty much done with this :D

Those who think the older version was better , and how to disable this . Well , on clicking Show All Downloads , you will get the old panel , which pretty much solves everything! (I know it is old)

Posted Image

#2534 Demz

Demz

Neowinian

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 16 November 2012 - 23:34

Lot's more coming soon!

1) Downloads Panel (an interim solution is added for glow on competition , if it works well then it will be used for next Aurora, already landed on mc)
2) Australis Tabs (beta quality builds are ready as per devs , soonish to land)
3) Stub Installer is close to be done (you may download any stub installer from ftps)
4) New Try Build for Australis Customizations

Posted Image

wonder if the New Customization bit will be in FF20? or am i dreaming like most things with Mozilla

Panel-based Download Manager

We plan to leave the feature enabled in Aurora 19 to get feedback from Aurora users, will be disabled in beta though

Release tracking Firefox 17-20 see https://wiki.mozilla...elease_Tracking

#2535 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 November 2012 - 23:36

Posted Image

This looks perfect now I guess. Downloads Panel is pretty much done with this :D

Those who think the older version was better , and how to disable this . Well , on clicking Show All Downloads , you will get the old panel , which pretty much solves everything! (I know it is old)

Or you can just hit control+j to open the download window without the need to click the button. Some times it does not open though and I haven't figured out why.