Meet the browser: Firefox Next

The last two days Nightly has altered its scrolling behaviour for me. Using it on my Surface and whenever I go to scroll using the touchscreen it highlights the text instead of scrolling the page. Is this a setting I accidentally toggled or a recent bug? Thanks.

The last two days Nightly has altered its scrolling behaviour for me. Using it on my Surface and whenever I go to scroll using the touchscreen it highlights the text instead of scrolling the page. Is this a setting I accidentally toggled or a recent bug? Thanks.

Bug - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1171101

Patch backed out, will be fixed in today's or tomorrow's Nighlty most probably.

Think I'm about done with Firefox. Tired of the bloat and "features" they keep adding that really should be addons.

only 1 reason why i use Firefox an thats for 1 Extension i cant get in Chrome, but we shall see what firefox turns out like once it goes over to Servo, but yeah its like this Pocket crap an this Hello Crap, both should have remained extensions, but browsers for the Desktop are dying, its all Mobile Browsing now

Just like chrome now Mozilla Firefox 41 onward will open "View Source" in new tab.ox-41-view-page-source-opens-website-html-code-in-tabs/

About bloody time, that popup window was just obnoxious and so 1995.

Just like chrome now Mozilla Firefox 41 onward will open "View Source" in new tab.

Blog - http://www.ghacks.net/2015/06/08/firefox-41-view-page-source-opens-website-html-code-in-tabs/

What about View Page Info? I use that more myself...

Any word on 64-bit going to stable? This is really becoming ridiculous... What are they waiting for?

Any word on 64-bit going to stable? This is really becoming ridiculous... What are they waiting for?

- No bug filed, which I see for it to be in doorhanger or in tab, so go ahead and post a bug IMO.

- Firefox Beta and Dev streams does come in 64-bit unlike before though 64-bit hitting Stable would take some time. Follow wiki but mostly outdated - https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/win64

Use a 3rd party build like Cyberfox.

Use a 3rd party build like Cyberfox.

I am aware of the alternatives but waiting for Firefox proper to switch.

- No bug filed, which I see for it to be in doorhanger or in tab, so go ahead and post a bug IMO.

- Firefox Beta and Dev streams does come in 64-bit unlike before though 64-bit hitting Stable would take some time. Follow wiki but mostly outdated - https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/win64

It already has been years... The wiki is useless and we have no real timeframe for a 64-bit version of Firefox. Why? I am not one to complain about Hello or Pocket but is that type of stuff taking up to much of their time?

It already has been years... The wiki is useless and we have no real timeframe for a 64-bit version of Firefox. Why? I am not one to complain about Hello or Pocket but is that type of stuff taking up to much of their time?

Too many set backs actually on all fronts. Its not best time for Mozilla. Their several capable developers left the organization for startups and other stuff. So that's could be the reason.

You can try 64-bit Beta though.

Too many set backs actually on all fronts. Its not best time for Mozilla. Their several capable developers left the organization for startups and other stuff. So that's could be the reason.

You can try 64-bit Beta though.

I have been using it on my work PC for months.

Some accessibility stuff doesn't work right, and there's possible crashes in their security modules.

In other words, it's a lot closer than it was a year ago.

Also when I last tested 64-bit Nightly a few weeks ago I noticed the Primetime CDM never downloads - so I'm assuming it's not compatible yet.

In other words, it's a lot closer than it was a year ago.

Also when I last tested 64-bit Nightly a few weeks ago I noticed the Primetime CDM never downloads - so I'm assuming it's not compatible yet.

It doesn't download on the 64-bit beta either... God, I hope DRM is not holding up a stable release. What is the world coming to?

It doesn't download on the 64-bit beta either... God, I hope DRM is not holding up a stable release. What is the world coming to?

It's a feature regression, even if DRM is bad, they still don't want to ship a browser that breaks things users do.

I doubt it. I don't even think anything supports the Primetime CDM yet (e.g. Netflix), actually.

Netflix is actually working on using Primetime, at least I've seen action in a few EME related bugs talking about Netflix compatibility being worked on.