Meet the browser: Firefox Next

hopefully there's a way to Disable that rediculous feature

How is it ridiculous? I actually think it's a good idea. I hate when one of my tab auto start a video out of nowhere and then i don't know which tab is responsible for the sound playing.

I've installed Firefox 40 on Win10 and noticed that they now also allow pages to reserve important keyboard shortcuts like alt+F (e.g. youtube uses it for full-screen). Because when Youtube flash player was doing it for ctrl+tab it wasn't annoying enough. Will they ever learn?

Yeah, APZ works great with E10S, but release versions don't have E10S, so enabling it will probably lead to slower performance.

Also it's extremely buggy, so if you do enable it expect crashes, rendering glitches and odd scroll issues.

Use x86 version, will crash If more than 3,5GB RAM will be addressed :p

This is mane future of x64 software ;) I think You are hit by bug where TY movies leak RAM, need to wait for fix.

might be for some that spend there entire time on Youtube type pages, i dont

The sound Icon is only there if there's some kind of video playing in the background (e.g. youtube), so if you never have pages with videos open as you claim, then you'll never see the Icon, so I don't see what there is to complain about.

Use x86 version, will crash If more than 3,5GB RAM will be addressed :p

This is mane future of x64 software ;) I think You are hit by bug where TY movies leak RAM, need to wait for fix.

But the x86 version won't go above the limit, the x64 version seems to eat as much RAM as it wants pretty much freezing the system when the swapping starts. It can't be that a javascript or page gone wrong can take down the entire system.

The x86 version can't go above the limit, it'll crash, it's not a choice.

There is a memory leak with MSE videos, should be fixed in the next nightly, that's most likely the cause of the huge RAM usage (Max 200MB of RAM per video)

The x86 version can't go above the limit, it'll crash, it's not a choice.

I know, I meant won't go as because physically limited. And my issue isn't with just with videos, I've had it happen on other kind of pages and especially on large IMGUR galleries but when it happens it takes me minutes to manage to kill the firefox process because of all the endless swapping it causes.

Unless something pretty bad happens, yeah. The re-write of their media architecture made it more standards compliant (And broke a few websites that didn't expect that), and made it use less memory and be more reliable, so it'd have to be a big issue to disable it.

That being said, even if there were bad bugs, that would be the norm for MSE implementations, Chrome has some bad bugs, and I've managed to deadlock the entire Safari parent/child processes trying demos before.

Firefox 40.0 changes:

What’s New

• Support for Windows 10
  • Added protection against unwanted software downloads
  • Suggested Tiles show sites of interest, based on categories from your recent browsing history
  • Hello allows adding a link to conversations to provide context on what the conversation will be about
  • New style for add-on manager based on the in-content preferences style
  • Improved scrolling, graphics, and video playback performance with off main thread compositing (GNU/Linux only)
  • Graphic blocklist mechanism improved: Firefox version ranges can be specified, limiting the number of devices blocked

Changed

• Add-on extensions that are not signed by Mozilla will display a warning
  • Smoother animation and scrolling with hardware vsync (Windows only)
  • JPEG images use less memory when scaled and can be painted faster
  • Sub-resources can no longer request HTTP authentication, thus protecting users from inadvertently disclosing login data
  • NPAPI Plug-in performance improved via asynchronous initialization
HTML5

• IndexedDB transactions are now non-durable by default
  • Implemented AudioBufferSourceNode.detune to modulate playback rate in cents, a logarithmic unit of measure used for musical intervals
Developer

• Improved Performance tools in the developer tools: Waterfall view, Call Tree view and a Flame Chart view
  • Console API messages from SharedWorker and ServiceWorker are now displayed in web console
  • Inspector now searches across all content frames in a page
  • New rules view tooltip in the Inspector to tweak CSS Filter values
  • New page ruler highlighting tool that displays lightweight horizontal and vertical rules on a page
Fixed

• Kannada text does not display properly in built-in pdf viewer
Known Issues

• If Firefox is restarted from an add-on install notification, on-going private browsing downloads might be canceled without warning (1185294)

Is there any particular reason why I get an error 505 No permission when I try anonymous FTP access to the Nightly directory ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk Its been unavailable for a couple of days now. It seems everything below  ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/ is out of bounds?

Oh and how come the 64bit Nightly 43.0a1 file downloaded from the Firefox Nightly web page today 2015-08-11 at 11am GMT, once installed, displays as 42.0a1 (2015-08-10) in About Nightly? Inquiring minds want to know.

Lastly, can I just first say how much I do not like the fact that Firefox Nightly does not just issue a warning about unsigned extensions, it will unload them and prevent a re-install.  I have authored my own insignificant extension, that does less than nothing but can no longer be used in Nightly Builds.  Developer versions of two extensions I usually run in Nightly have also been unloaded and suppressed.  Not cool.

i have been having problems with mozilla's ftp for several days, i can't directly open mozilla.org/firefox/releases it takes me back to the root directory. Sometimes i can't even click in to /firefox/ sometimes not /firefox/releases or /firefox/nightlies something is really messed up with their ftp server. I have tried using flashfxp and chrome.