Meet the browser: Firefox Next

14 minutes ago, Ned said:

Netflix working for anyone? I can't get it to work on a clean profile.

Do I need to install silverlight again?

if memory serves, netflix is now on a pure HTML 5 protocol. they dropped silverlight I believe

Well, did they drop firefox too?  I'm apparently waiting for the adobe drm thing to install...i don't think it needs to install.  I think it's already installed.

Maybe drop 64bit firefox?  ...I got it working in 32bit, 64bit seems broken at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, max22 said:

I can't wait until Firefox 46!

why? im hanging out for a Full implementation of WebGL2 , that wont be in FF46

18 minutes ago, max22 said:

I can't wait until Firefox 46!

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/2/2016 at 7:17 PM, lamminium said:

I'm very impressed by 46.0a2. Looking forward to April!

whats so good bout FF46 ?

3 minutes ago, lamminium said:

12767266_961881297232575_263827575_n.jpg

that aint New? or am i missing something, thats only the Developers Edition look, once it goes to Beta, it'll revert to Australis

Just now, Demz said:

that aint New? or am i missing something, thats only the Developers Edition look, once it goes to Beta, it'll revert to Australis

it's my first time on aurora channel. I had a feeling the UI was not for the final release. :) It looks way better than Australis.

2 minutes ago, lamminium said:

it's my first time on aurora channel. I had a feeling the UI was not for the final release. :) It looks way better than Australis.

if you go into Addons > Appearence . you'll see 2 things there named. DEFAULT & DEVELOPER EDITION  , default reverts it back to Australis.

8 minutes ago, Demz said:

if you go into Addons > Appearence . you'll see 2 things there named. DEFAULT & DEVELOPER EDITION  , default reverts it back to Australis.

Thanks for that. Won't switch to Australis if I have a choice. e10s works really well with my usual websites and add-ons so v46 will be great (at least for me).

Opera just introduced native ad-blocking feature for faster browsing

“Native” means unmatched speed vs extensions, since the blocking happens at the web engine level & are the first major browser vendor to integrate an ad-blocking feature.

Not to e confused with Tracking protection of firefox(it a different beast).

Opera’s ad-blocking feature is on average 45% faster compared to browsing on Google Chrome with the ABP extension.

Firefox now needs to expand it Tracking protection more & maybe add a native adblocker?

• Like 9

Jan de Mooij just filed a bug (with patch) to unify IC generation for Baseline and Ion. As he explains in the bug, Baseline and Ion ICs currently share very little code, have different limitations and a lot of boilerplate. As a result, it's too easy to introduce errors in one of the two, it's too hard to introduce new ones, and they generally don't take care of all edge cases, leading to performance cliffs. Jan's patch adds a new, simple bytecode that can be used by both JITs to generate the same ICs - letting Baseline quickly generate its infallible code, and Ion generate its more optimized code from the same information.

I'm not sure how much this overlaps with Hannes Verschore's (h4writer) shared stubs work (which are now on by default, but not yet implemented for every IC) - perhaps it leverages the same infrastructure. Either way it should make ICs much more robust, less prone to error and, in some cases, even faster.

Also, this didn't move the needle on any benchmarks, but I recently simplified the way the GC allocates objects from Arenas in bug 1250634 and bug 1251833. I'm happy with how it turned out, and it gave me some ideas for giving the GC its own malloc implementation (which might well improve allocation performance - if it pans out).

I cannot get on The Stylish website using Firefox 45 64 Bit

This is what I get

The owner of userstyles.org has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.

Learn more…