Photo

Meet Firefox Next

firefox

3985 replies to this topic

#2821 .stan

.stan

Neowinian

Posted 24 February 2013 - 17:07

was some outside of mozilla, I think university student.

So another story of "let's let students work on something which they never get done 100% in time and then let it rot till someone cares"?

#2822 Demz

Demz

Neowinian

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:46

i'd really love to know who this outside person was, i'd believe an actual Mozilla Developer than an " outside " one

#2823 Pikey

Pikey

Neowinian

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:56

I've just been fiddling about with Tab Groups and it seems they are not persistent between sessions , is that normal behavior?

I don't mean session restore by the way , just normal shutting down and re-starting , not much good if you have to recreate them every time!

#2824 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 01 March 2013 - 15:23

No, that's not normal.

#2825 Pikey

Pikey

Neowinian

Posted 01 March 2013 - 19:05

It must have been a corrupt profile! I just made a new one and with some Mozbackup goodness (just to import bookmarksand other stuff .. ) it seems to be working OK now!

#2826 Demz

Demz

Neowinian

Posted 13 March 2013 - 00:06

https://wiki.mozilla...013Q2#Australis

#2827 +Zlip792

Zlip792

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 16
  • Phone: Nokia C3-00 (8.70 firmware)

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:48

https://wiki.mozilla...013Q2#Australis

Ultimate copy of chrome and sole reason of my in future to leave firefox...
If this uglification UI landed on Nightly very next moment I will uninstall Firefox and shift to other browser.

#2828 Demz

Demz

Neowinian

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:13

If this uglification UI landed on Nightly very next moment I will uninstall Firefox and shift to other browser.

i guarantee, you'll stay with firefox. i tried to leave Firefox a month ago, extensions an Themes/Persona's are much better in Firefox than they are in Chrome. but i will say if i dont like this New InContent stuff i will def leave firefox. but all in all, the way the computer market is going its all Mobile or tablets or Touch Screens . the Desktop is Dying. just look at Virus8 an Gnome3 an Unity, there all made for those 3 devices. there is No Money in the Desktop no more. companies like Mozilla an Google an Microsoft will make there money from people buying either 1 of those 3 devices. lets not forget the Ipad. Apple will soon only get there money from that to an Mobile

#2829 Jub Fequois

Jub Fequois

Owlblood

• Phone: OnePlus One

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:51

Is it the same version of Australis that was designed a few years ago?

#2830 +Zlip792

Zlip792

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:52

Is it the same version of Australis that was designed a few years ago?

It rounded corner UI.. with several small elements like removal of menu button, bookmark star out of address bar, No search box etc.

#2831 +Zlip792

Zlip792

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 March 2013 - 15:10

i guarantee, you'll stay with firefox. i tried to leave Firefox a month ago, extensions an Themes/Persona's are much better in Firefox than they are in Chrome. but i will say if i dont like this New InContent stuff i will def leave firefox. but all in all, the way the computer market is going its all Mobile or tablets or Touch Screens . the Desktop is Dying. just look at Virus8 an Gnome3 an Unity, there all made for those 3 devices. there is No Money in the Desktop no more. companies like Mozilla an Google an Microsoft will make there money from people buying either 1 of those 3 devices. lets not forget the Ipad. Apple will soon only get there money from that to an Mobile

No doubt about it that today people want to go more and more portable with less hassle of things to interact. Future is mobile no doubt about it.
Actually mozilla devs are now more focused and putting options through users throat these days. Change is good but not that change which is in present since several months.
I will definitely shift to other browser to support them even if I have to compromise on other stuff.

#2832 OP bogas04

bogas04

This title is bogus

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 13 March 2013 - 15:25

Personally , I don't find it a copy of Chrome.. Rather a better approach compared to it. Also when I tried on UX , searching tabs became so darn easy , really nice and intuitive design I would say , it just happens that it has curves and "connected" tabs to nav bar (concept since Firefox 3.7 I guess) and it somehow looks similar to Chrome (okay , who am I lying to , they just probably redid the chrome design to make it more human and less machine like).

Anyways , if it gives more performance than the actual theme , it is a big plus

#2833 Konstantine

Konstantine

Neowinian

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:17

Guys, I cannot launch Nightly in Metro mode. The weird thing is I can launch it on my mum's pc with a crappy resolution.

My pc is: Q6600, 3GB RAM, W8 PRO, 1680x1050, fresh install W8+Nightly.

When I launch it via Task Manager, it opens and closes again showing only the Nightly logo....

#2834 ambiance

ambiance

Identity Thief

Posted 15 March 2013 - 19:26

I don't know if it's just me, but everything is bigger in today's nightly. At first I thought I had the text zoomed and tried to reset with no success. Looks awful. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Edit: https://bugzilla.moz...g.cgi?id=851268 (Setting layout.css.devPixelsPerPx to 1 fixes the issue.)

#2835 streetw0lf

streetw0lf

Neowinian

Posted 15 March 2013 - 19:35

I don't know if it's just me, but everything is bigger in today's nightly. At first I thought I had the text zoomed and tried to reset with no success. Looks awful. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Check out my Bug Report on this issue at 851268 – Content and chrome changes size if Windows DPI is >96

After reading it if you agree with me then add your 2 cents to the report.