Meet Firefox Next

firefox

3709 replies to this topic

#2926 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:19

You can stop Firefox respecting the system zoom level, but why not just change the system zoom level then?

Chrome not respecting the zoom is a bug, which I'm pretty sure they've fixed in developer versions.

#2927 ambiance

ambiance

Identity Thief

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:38

You can stop Firefox respecting the system zoom level, but why not just change the system zoom level then?

Chrome not respecting the zoom is a bug, which I'm pretty sure they've fixed in developer versions.

Ruh roh! So it's either make Windows 8 ugly, get used to it, or switch back to Windows 7.

#2928 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:44

You can zoom websites (or just text if you select that option) in Firefox by holding control and scrolling your mouse wheel.

This bit of info could be completely irrelevant but we're talking about zoom.. works the same way in both IE and Chrome.

#2929 ambiance

ambiance

Identity Thief

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:48

You can zoom websites (or just text if you select that option) in Firefox by holding control and scrolling your mouse wheel.

This bit of info could be completely irrelevant but we're talking about zoom..

Tried that, but it seems to be per page and not global. Unless there's an about:config setting.

Edit: browser.zoom.siteSpecific Tada!

Edit: What is the default layout.css.devPixelsPerPx setting?

#2930 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:19

If you flip the "browser.tabs.remote" pref to true in a Nightly build, it tries to start up in multi-process mode.

It doesn't work, but it seems they're still working on that goal.

#2931 ambiance

ambiance

Identity Thief

Posted 01 May 2013 - 14:40

What news from the mark?

#2932 Demz

Demz

Neowinian

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:28

i need a place to VENT, when will Mozilla ever fix Copy&paste Functions? seriously i had to bloody use Chrome to do a simple job, an you wonder why Chrome is getting more market share. only reason i use firefox an thats for its Extensions. which most are in Chrome anyway that i use in Fx.

#2933 ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:47

I've never had any problems with copy/paste in firefox...

#2934 Demz

Demz

Neowinian

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:48

I've never had any problems with copy/paste in firefox...

i have seen some people on the Mozillazine forums saying they have had problems with it but iv'e been seeing a Bug with it for a few weeks now ( im running Firefox Nightly btw ) i also have tried the keyboard shortcut to do a C&P , still dont work :( im at whits end with firefox lately. i'd hate to Dump it coz of that but currently i have no other choice :(

#2935 Kyang

Kyang

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:56

If you're referring to places like the OneNote webapp, then yes, I'm wondering when they'll fix it, if it's even possible, or if it's even something Mozilla would be responsible for.

#2936 macel

macel

Up the Irons!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:02

I have been kinda busy lately so I hadn't had time to mess with the new click to play plugin options until now... and wow, they are great. I had been keeping plugins always on because I figured click to play would be too annoying in the long run.. but white listing specific sites through the page info/permissions window is a breeze, it's basically the same setup I have with cookies (I keep cookies until I close Firefox, then I just allow sites like neowin.net where I want to stay logged in).

#2937 wasd-

wasd-

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 13 May 2013 - 18:49

Someone knows a extensión or something to limit the download speed of youtube videos? When im playing or something and someone plays a youtube video(HD ofc)it lags like crazy(Youtube uses all speed to download the video)

#2938 Demz

Demz

Neowinian

Posted 13 May 2013 - 23:08

i have my theory, they wont bring back the use of the Global Menu, but they'll enable it for Fx23 only, global menu is dead. i reckon they'll replace it with the new AppMenu instead from Fx24 onwards

#2939 Demz

Demz

Neowinian

Posted 14 May 2013 - 00:18

anyone wanna see what this New ugly Panel looks like. go here http://msujaws.wordp.../13/were-jamun/

#2940 ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 14 May 2013 - 00:22

anyone wanna see what this New ugly Panel looks like. go here http://msujaws.wordp.../13/were-jamun/

I think it looks very good, seems people here are freaking out about any type of change in the UI :p

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the tab strip (I like curved tabs but the curves in australis are far too "overdone" or "pronounced", but that should be easily changable with themes or a stylish script.)