Meet Firefox Next

firefox

3764 replies to this topic

#3481 Demz

Demz

Neowinian

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:20

if Firefox is losing users, i reckon most of them are Linux users going over to Chrome cause of Flashplayer.  i know its been reported an i suffer from these random lockups also that if i click on a URL an it opens in another Tab, the browser will lockup.

#3482 ambiance

ambiance

Identity Thief

Posted 09 April 2014 - 21:10

I don't know if it's just me, but the home/download buttons are stretched on today's nightly (Windows). It seems to be related to the Adblock Plus icon in the toolbar as it goes back to normal when removed.

#3483 +Boo Berry

Boo Berry

Neowinian Ghost

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:03

Looks like they've fixed the issue I've noticed for about a month now with Australis with the interface black boxing at random. :D

#3484 Demz

Demz

Neowinian

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:25

does anyone know if Mozilla/Firefox Devs are looking at getting rid of the old Netscape ( NPAPI ) from Firefox? i believe Google are working on that with Chrome

#3485 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:49

They're either going to get rid of any plugin interface (Plugins suck and are going the way of the dinosaur, there isn't Flash on mobile platforms anymore, Apple won that battle), or move it over to one based around web standards (So if a plugin wants to do 3D drawing, then the browser just hands it a plain WebGL context, etc.). Google wants to replace NPAPI with their own creation to lock plugins to Chrome (See Flash on Linux, only works with Chrome)

#3486 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 11 April 2014 - 15:08

Major new feature in tonight's Nightly.

rFwxGUC.png

Normally when a page threw up these dialogs it took focus for the entire window, now you can just close the tab and don't have to worry about the site trying to keep your on their page. They're hoping to get it into 30 because it's such a big deal.

#3487 ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 11 April 2014 - 19:14

Major new feature in tonight's Nightly.

rFwxGUC.png

Normally when a page threw up these dialogs it took focus for the entire window, now you can just close the tab and don't have to worry about the site trying to keep your on their page. They're hoping to get it into 30 because it's such a big deal.

Yeah this is one of my biggest annoyances with firefox, I'd be very happy if this makes it into 30.

#3488 Demz

Demz

Neowinian

Posted 11 April 2014 - 23:59

They're either going to get rid of any plugin interface (Plugins suck and are going the way of the dinosaur, there isn't Flash on mobile platforms anymore, Apple won that battle), or move it over to one based around web standards (So if a plugin wants to do 3D drawing, then the browser just hands it a plain WebGL context, etc.). Google wants to replace NPAPI with their own creation to lock plugins to Chrome (See Flash on Linux, only works with Chrome)

yeah, flashplayer in Firefox/linux sucks so i try to use Chrome when/where i need to

#3489 rsnn

rsnn

Neowinian

Posted 24 April 2014 - 16:18

Would be possible to add Back/Next buttons and reload button like its now in 27 with Stylish?

Im talking about Australis :)

#3490 +Zlip792

Zlip792

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 9
  • Phone: Nokia C3-00 (8.70 firmware) It sucks!!!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 16:26

Would be possible to add Back/Next buttons and reload button like its now in 27 with Stylish?

Im talking about Australis :)

Link to one of Frank Lion's post containing code for adding features back using Userstyle: http://forums.mozill...20879#p13220879

#3491 +Boo Berry

Boo Berry

Neowinian Ghost

Posted 24 April 2014 - 16:29

Also the Classic Theme Restorer extension does that too, right?

#3492 +Zlip792

Zlip792

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 9
  • Phone: Nokia C3-00 (8.70 firmware) It sucks!!!

Posted 24 April 2014 - 16:34

Right but he specifically asked for using stylish that's why I referred him to that link. He only wants to revert stuff partially not wanted to change whole stuff and adding another addon to its inventory that's what I think.

#3493 rsnn

rsnn

Neowinian

Posted 24 April 2014 - 16:39

Link to one of Frank Lion's post containing code for adding features back using Userstyle: http://forums.mozill...20879#p13220879

Thanks, im going to test asap

Yes, but i prefer to use Stylish becasuse i already use the extension and i don't want to have another just for that :)

#3494 +Boo Berry

Boo Berry

Neowinian Ghost

Posted 24 April 2014 - 16:41

Actually, if you're good at using the userChrome.css technique, you could apply Firefox-interface changing userstyles without using Stylish.

#3495 Kyang

Kyang

Posted 27 April 2014 - 17:57

Latest Nightly shows close buttons on tabs no matter what the about:config setting is.  Is this a temporary bug or permanent?