Meet the browser: Firefox Next

How to keep checks on fixes updates? Daily fixes....

Is this coming to Aurora?

Once the current Aurora branch has been promoted to beta I believe, yes. Firefox 5.0 b1 is scheduled for May 17th.

In the meantime you can just use the Nightly branch if you need the DirectWrite fix immediately.

Once the current Aurora branch has been promoted to beta I believe, yes. Firefox 5.0 b1 is scheduled for May 17th.

In the meantime you can just use the Nightly branch if you need the DirectWrite fix immediately.

Ah okay, I thought Aurora received the nightly updates after a week or something. Guess I'll just use nightlies then.

I don't get it. If aurora builds are getting daily updates, what is the difference between the nightly and aurora builds? My understanding was that aurora would be weekly updates.

I don't get it. If aurora builds are getting daily updates, what is the difference between the nightly and aurora builds? My understanding was that aurora would be weekly updates.

Well... I will be clear :

Nightly : Adds features

Aurora : Correcting bugs from new features

B?ta : Stabilize the whole thing

Release : Browser stabilized

Hi azn,

I came across this:

Currently we build nightly rather than when something has changed.

We are supposed to only be building on Aurora if there is a change - that's what the spec says.

Sure, we should make this change but not the top priority.

Keep it on the list and not top priority. Until further notice, we are generating them every night.

over here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Aurora/2011-04-21

I see. Thanks for clearing that up. Anyone know if there is a list of bugs to be fixed before the first beta can be released?

Read post 128....You will get your answer.

Has anyone else with the Nightly had problems with embedded WMP stuff? I had the plugin installed for a long time, but only recently noticed that it's not working. I'm still being prompted to install it. 32bit nightly, Win7 64bit. WMP plugin doesn't appear on the plugin list after reinstalling it either.

Has anyone else with the Nightly had problems with embedded WMP stuff? I had the plugin installed for a long time, but only recently noticed that it's not working. I'm still being prompted to install it. 32bit nightly, Win7 64bit. WMP plugin doesn't appear on the plugin list after reinstalling it either.

I haven't seen a site with embedded wmp stuff in years

Same as above, I just never see it anymore, but a quick Google search found a test site for it -- seems to be working just fine here under Aurora dated 4-24, Windows 7. (Currently mobile on an x86 system, haven't tried Win7 x64 yet.)

--

On a side note, just for giggles ran a couple benchmarks versus a copy of the Chromium nightly I put into a sandbox quick.. Aurora beat it nicely. Loving this build of Firefox.

I just created a "plugins" folder in FF's directory then pasted "np-mswmp.dll" in it.

Problem solved. (Y)

Lol, the problem was the plugin's installer was putting it into my external drive for whatever reason. A search on my computer for the "PFile" folder where the dll was supposed to be, revealed the location. So I pasted it back to where it belongs, and now everything works. Thanks Ominous for giving me the .dll name that put me on the right track. Also thanks Smith for trying to help.

What I meant was is there a bugzilla page with a list of bugs, like there was for Firefox 4.

From what I understand, betas of new versions will simply start every six weeks as long as there are no showstoppers. I don't think there's really a list of bugs that will block the release of new betas like before.

Stylish 1.1.2

-Updated the toolbar button to act more like other toolbar buttons

-New default in Firefox 4 is to use the Add-ons Manager when choosing Manage Styles. The setting extensions.stylish.manageView is still available - 0 for add-ons manager, 1 for stand-alone dialog, 2 for sidebar

Edit:

Also, you can edit your styles through the addons manager, BUT NOT on the EXTENSIONS tab, but on the USER STYLES tab.

Sorry for the double post, but thanks for the tip. Not sure why they chose to default to switching you to the Add-ons Manager and bringing up a modal window. You can't even preview your changes that way and the preview feature is one of the main reasons I use Stylish.

I haven't seen a site with embedded wmp stuff in years

unfortunately there are still a fair few left unfortunately, quicktime too :( I wish they would all move to html5/silverlight/flash already so realplayer, wmp and quicktime can fully die a quick and painful death.

I'm guessing A couple work arounds would be to either, 1, drag out the add-on manager into its own window, then open up the styles thing, or 2, open up the manage styles window from the toolbar button.