Meet the browser: Firefox Next

what you should do is just copy what Arjen or Peter6 Nightly Threads ( Bugs etc ) an Paste it into the forum, that way i wouldnt have to visit Mozillazine forum anymore

OK, I will try to reduce my posts in this thread. Sorry about last few days bumps.

OK, I will try to reduce my posts in this thread. Sorry about last few days bumps.

Reduce? Why?

I much prefer visiting here than at mozillazine! Bunch of fanboys, you have a bad thing to say and are automatically accused of being incompetent/idiot, a Chrome fanboy or know nothing about Firefox!

Here I feel when can discuss in civil way without fanaticism!

And after all this is "Firefox Next" so it is expected to be full of development news!

Mods are you against the updates Zlip is posting?

• Like 2

Even I think Zlip shouldn't reduce frequency of posting , it is great to read here and keep track of development. He does a great work! :)

Some mockups and stuff about UX : https://wiki.mozilla...User-Experience

You can track this bug to see how many blocking bugs are remaining to be fixed for elm to mc merge : https://bugzilla.moz...gi?id=elm-merge

Snappy Minutes : https://wiki.mozilla...py_.5BWeekly.5D

I wonder when they will finally add tabs in titlebar on OS X.

I'm fairly sure support for it has landed, the theme just doesn't take advantage of it (And there's work on the new theme, that would take priority)

Reduce? Why?

I much prefer visiting here than at mozillazine! Bunch of fanboys, you have a bad thing to say and are automatically accused of being incompetent/idiot, a Chrome fanboy or know nothing about Firefox!

Here I feel when can discuss in civil way without fanaticism!

And after all this is "Firefox Next" so it is expected to be full of development news!

Mods are you against the updates Zlip is posting?

Thanks for your support but I think people only want major news and I might not be good (which I am) in explaining bug real impact on FF performance since I am not FF dev, I only cover bugs important which I seem in Inbound (Incoming branch) of Firefox but people prefer only stuff which gets landed and not backout and is of big impact.

I don't know what to do but I think I have to wait for people opinion more.

Even I think Zlip shouldn't reduce frequency of posting , it is great to read here and keep track of development. He does a great work! :)

Some mockups and stuff about UX : https://wiki.mozilla...User-Experience

You can track this bug to see how many blocking bugs are remaining to be fixed for elm to mc merge : https://bugzilla.moz...gi?id=elm-merge

Snappy Minutes : https://wiki.mozilla...py_.5BWeekly.5D

Thanks for your support, yes you are right that development is on going so obviously updates from my side will be frequent.

Lets see what other say.

Apparently it is not that good,

https://bugzilla.moz...g.cgi?id=823168

:rofl:

Already know about it and several other regression and performance impact it made. But overall it is positive step in right direction.

• Like 3

Thanks for your support but I think people only want major news and I might not be good (which I am) in explaining bug real impact on FF performance since I am not FF dev, I only cover bugs important which I seem in Inbound (Incoming branch) of Firefox but people prefer only stuff which gets landed and not backout and is of big impact.

I don't know what to do but I think I have to wait for people opinion more.

+1 that's the reason I visit this thread.

Question for anyone else using Nightly and has an Outlook.com email:

Is the chat (The button next to the settings) working for you? The icon is greyed out for me on Outlook.com, but it works everywhere else, like in Skydrive.

Question for anyone else using Nightly and has an Outlook.com email:

Is the chat (The button next to the settings) working for you? The icon is greyed out for me on Outlook.com, but it works everywhere else, like in Skydrive.

Just tried now and Yes it is working fine on my side.

Just tried now and Yes it is working fine on my side.

That's so strange. I even tried a fresh install of Nightly with no add-ons, and it still looks like this:

ahFFa.png

Again, it works in SkyDrive, and People, but in Outlook, it just doesn't. I saw an older bug that mentioned this, but it was reported fixed. Indeed, the chat worked for me for a little while earlier, but I don't know when it stopped.

Was nothing new reported?

I believe you, I'm just wondering if there's something I'm missing. It did work before. :( .

Do you changed some settings? In outlook? Or used your this account somewhere else with some other services?

It seems it was adblock or something in the hosts file that was causing problems.

But... then why would the chat still work on the other pages and in other browsers? I ask because blocking something in the host file should block everything, regardless of the program, right?

So what was Firefox and Nightly doing differently that caused the chat to be blocked only on Outlook.com and only in Firefox, but nowhere else.?

Another strange problem. Earlier, with the host file still modified, and adblock still running, at some point, the messenger actually loaded once. But that was the only time it did. Makes it seem like it actually does load, but just takes a long to do so. I don't have the technical knowledge to figure this one out.

The tiny minority that actually needs them can be happy now, and the random people who have no idea why they shouldn't be using them will get to complain about the crashes without loading up Mozilla's systems with them.

It's a win-win basically.

The tiny minority that actually needs them can be happy now, and the random people who have no idea why they shouldn't be using them will get to complain about the crashes without loading up Mozilla's systems with them.

It's a win-win basically.

Would you please explain why they should not be used? From what I have read 64 Bit Browsers are more secure? I used Fx 64 Bit for a long time, I stopped when Mozilla said that they were no longer going to develop them. I would like to know why?

Windows 64-bit is now Tier-3 and not much priority plus they are planning to disable crash reporter so I think it is more like nightmare... Because once in future they enabled Firefox 64-bit to Tier 1 etc, all their crash reporter servers surely gonna crash because of lot of unknow crash signature coming in...

Very bad technical point of view decision...