Meet the browser: Firefox Next

which is stupid IMO, they push Pocket an HELLO in the browser which those 2 should remain as a Extensions. an ya wonder why Mozilla is losing market share 

43 minutes ago, Demz said:

which is stupid IMO, they push Pocket an HELLO in the browser which those 2 should remain as a Extensions. an ya wonder why Mozilla is losing market share 

Aren't they considering moving Pocket and/or Hello to an extension?

1 minute ago, Boo Berry said:

It's already been done & will be added soon.

loop code is in browser/extensions, the final build step places it in dist/bin/browser/features (as does the pocket addon build) which is the system addons location.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1215694

Firefox’s Tracking Protection feature gets a boost soon

Tracking Protection is enabled by default as an experiment in Private Browsing. We added it to give users more choice and control over third party tracking across the Internet. At Mozilla we work in the open and we are still experimenting with Tracking Protection in our Nightly Channel to get more feedback. There are no current plans to extend the scope of this feature.

tracking protection privacy

39 minutes ago, Boo Berry said:

no idea, i dont keep up with Firefox as much as others do. but why would they Add them to the Browser an then take themm away an make them Extensions only? if there planning on making Hello an Pocket Extensions, why didnt they just leave them as extensions to begin with? i swear, some at Mozilla are idiots 

36 minutes ago, Dingle berry San the Super said:

It's already been done & will be added soon.

loop code is in browser/extensions, the final build step places it in dist/bin/browser/features (as does the pocket addon build) which is the system addons location.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1215694

Firefox’s Tracking Protection feature gets a boost soon

Tracking Protection is enabled by default as an experiment in Private Browsing. We added it to give users more choice and control over third party tracking across the Internet. At Mozilla we work in the open and we are still experimenting with Tracking Protection in our Nightly Channel to get more feedback. There are no current plans to extend the scope of this feature.

tracking protection privacy

by the looks of it, Firefox/Mozilla Devs are going to have a Adblocker kinda thing  installed by Default which i dont think is a good thing, let an Adblocker Extension Author do it. 

23 hours ago, Demz said:

by the looks of it, Firefox/Mozilla Devs are going to have a Adblocker kinda thing  installed by Default which i dont think is a good thing, let an Adblocker Extension Author do it. 

They plan to ship it as default=off & on for Private windows

Plus choice for power user is a good thing.

Plus pocket/hello has landed as system addon(but hidden in v45 for now)

11 minutes ago, Dingle berry San the Super said:

well thats good its turned off by default , i would of thought it'd cause issues with Extension Adblockers if they had of turned it on by default 

i wouldnt think e10's would be stable in firefox till atleast FF47 

if your gonna use Nightly, you must update all the time, otherwise stay on Stable Branch 

3 hours ago, Dingle berry San the Super said:

Tracking protection already shipped in 42.

12 minutes ago, Demz said:

i wouldnt think e10's would be stable in firefox till atleast FF47 

if your gonna use Nightly, you must update all the time, otherwise stay on Stable Branch 

Ok thanks.

19 hours ago, illegaloperation said:

On look. It's December 15, 2015 and Firefox finally support touchscreens!

Good grief, every other thread has you whining about something Firefox did or didn't do. Has Firefox drowned your puppies and kittens or why the hell are so obsessed with it?

27 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

is there a way to disable the signature check for add-ons in 43?

yes. go into " about:config " without the quotes

an type this

xpinstall.signatures.required an  flip it to FALSE an restart ya browser

having said that, in Firefox 44, you wont get that option, your extensions will be Disabled if there not signed . go an have a look in http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php in i think Firefox Support for more info

4 hours ago, Demz said:

yes. go into " about:config " without the quotes

an type this

xpinstall.signatures.required an  flip it to FALSE an restart ya browser

having said that, in Firefox 44, you wont get that option, your extensions will be Disabled if there not signed . go an have a look in http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php in i think Firefox Support for more info

please read this for those that will need to know ,https://wiki.mozilla.org/Addons/Extension

but in Firefox 45 it looks like you'll still have the Preference  to Disable extension signing  check

On 21/12/2015 at 4:32 PM, The_Decryptor said:

Only in the ESR version.

no word as to yet when they'll force the signature checking  basck to on, 43.0.2 disables extension signature checking. from what i been told, by a Dev i keep in contact with, Mozilla are having more trouble with it on Windows  than Linux.