4,671 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Boo Berry said:

Heh, glad I don't use Adblock Plus or uBlock Origin and I experience no slowdowns. :D

what do you use?

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lyraull said:

what do you use?

Adguard for Windows. Bypasses the need for ad-blocking browser extensions - and it works for all browsers. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boo Berry said:

Adguard for Windows. Bypasses the need for ad-blocking browser extensions - and it works for all browsers. :D

Subscription based?

How is the performance? and just only for windows?

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lyraull said:

Subscription based?

How is the performance? and just only for windows?

Yeah, but if you become a beta tester on their forums, you'll get a free license. Performance is great - I don't notice any slowdowns or anything enabled vs. disabled. Plus saving bandwidth is always great.

 

It's available for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. Hopefully Linux in the future. :D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Boo Berry said:

Yeah, but if you become a beta tester on their forums, you'll get a free license. Performance is great - I don't notice any slowdowns or anything enabled vs. disabled. Plus saving bandwidth is always great.

 

It's available for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. Hopefully Linux in the future. :D

become a beta tester on their forums- is is open for everyone? or they select.

Thanks

 

 

does any one know how many dom.ipc.processCount will Firefox 48 and Firefox 49 ship on at default please?

And when will they implement per tab process?

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lyraull said:

become a beta tester on their forums- is is open for everyone? or they select.

Thanks

Anyone who asks. :D

 

Just now, Lyraull said:

does any one know how many dom.ipc.processCount will Firefox 48 and Firefox 49 ship on at default please?

And when will they implement per tab process?

As far as I know process per tab might take awhile, even after e10s lands in stable. When that comes, Firefox should be pretty much on-par with Chrome (hopefully some decent sandboxing comes too!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Boo Berry said:

As far as I know process per tab might take awhile, even after e10s lands in stable. When that comes, Firefox should be pretty much on-par with Chrome (hopefully some decent sandboxing comes too!).

Quote

e10s lands in stable

 

e10s is no whee near stable in FF 50

 

Quote

irefox should be pretty much on-par with Chrome (hopefully some decent sandboxing comes too!).

But servo is coming for that.

Mozilla should have kept FF and FF with servo which could have been better.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Quote

This upcoming week is the final week of June! So, expect the first tech preview of Servo and browser.html to be announced on this blog shortly…

https://blog.servo.org/2016/06/27/twis-69/

 

I am really excited about this and will play around with it for sure!

Edited by oldtimefighter
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2016 at 9:08 AM, Boo Berry said:

Yeah, but if you become a beta tester on their forums, you'll get a free license. Performance is great - I don't notice any slowdowns or anything enabled vs. disabled. Plus saving bandwidth is always great.

 

It's available for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. Hopefully Linux in the future. :D

have they finally found a proper fix for the eset/kaspersky/f-secure https bug yet? It has been around for over a year, I know of the work around turn off https filtering in my AV but I keep hearing a new driver is on the way (for many months now)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, Circaflex said:

have they finally found a proper fix for the eset/kaspersky/f-secure https bug yet? It has been around for over a year, I know of the work around turn off https filtering in my AV but I keep hearing a new driver is on the way (for many months now)

From what I understand, the incompatibility stems from having multiple WFP drivers installed. Yes, they're working on a new WFP network driver, which is likely to only fix the ESET incompatibility. However in Kaspersky's case, as far as I know the developers can't do anything about it as the issue stems from Kaspersky's driver and their HTTPS scan feature. Kaspersky would likely have to fix that one, but I'm not sure if they're interested. Not sure about F-Secure, maybe it'll get fixed with the new WFP network driver - I'll do some prodding on that and get a status update of the new driver.

 

EDIT: Looks like they fixed the F-Secure incompatibility back in December.

 

FYI, there was a new LastPass extension update for Firefox yesterday - I haven't encountered any problems with it while using e10s in Nightly and Firefox stable (with e10s forced on). :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Servo Nightly Builds Available

 

 

Jun 30, 2016

Nightly builds of the Servo web rendering engine are now available! To make the Servo engine easy to interact with, we are bundling an HTML-based browser UI. While our engine is not yet fully web compatible, we want to give a larger audience the chance to start experimenting with and contributing to Servo. We have created packages for macOS and Linux; Windows and Android packages should be available soon.

Binary packages and installation instructions are available at https://servo-builds.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html.

When you first run Servo, you see a new tab page containing a selection of sites that Servo renders well and some tech demos. A stand-alone copy of this page is available for use in other browsers to compare performance.

Getting involved

Servo is a community project hosted on GitHub, and we have a curated list of good first bugs for you, whether you’re interested in writing Rust, JS, Python, or even shell scripts. If you are a web developer, we’d love to see what you can do with Servo’s capabilities.

If you encounter any problems we’d love to hear about them in the issue tracker.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest Firefox Beta 48.9 is really quite fast compared to the prior Beta 7 they seemed to have skipped 8?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gary7 said:

The latest Firefox Beta 48.9 is really quite fast compared to the prior Beta 7 they seemed to have skipped 8?

perhaps you should follow Mozillazine.org forums, you'll actually hear why Mozilla do things unlike this forum.  , but reAASON WHY mOZILLA DIDNT PUT OUT A bETA 8 IS BECAUSE THE bUILDsYSTEM WAS DOWN AT THE TIME SO THERE WAS NO POINT PUTTING A lATE ONE OUT.  SO THEY JUST WENT TO bETA 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Demz said:

perhaps you should follow Mozillazine.org forums, you'll actually hear why Mozilla do things unlike this forum.  , but reAASON WHY mOZILLA DIDNT PUT OUT A bETA 8 IS BECAUSE THE bUILDsYSTEM WAS DOWN AT THE TIME SO THERE WAS NO POINT PUTTING A lATE ONE OUT.  SO THEY JUST WENT TO bETA 9

Thanks but no thanks , I get better info elsewhere.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2016 at 7:43 PM, Gary7 said:

Thanks but no thanks , I get better info elsewhere.

Yeah, that place is one of the biggest cesspools of negativity I've seen on the Internet. I was banned for having the gall to not hate australis

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am banned from there and I am not a member. Maybe they do not like my crash reports as this build has crashed on me about 7 times just today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have been banned from there once under another account but the ban wasn't for long, but i made another account, , i barely use Forums . there only good for spammers.  whereas this forum is a spammers graveyard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Demz said:

i have been banned from there once under another account but the ban wasn't for long, but i made another account, , i barely use Forums . there only good for spammers.  whereas this forum is a spammers graveyard

They have my IP banned for whatever reason till July 26th. They are nutters there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gary7 said:

They have my IP banned for whatever reason till July 26th. They are nutters there.

i dont think you are banned as such, your getting the Forums Gremlin problem, you can fix that by clearing your CACHE an reloading the forum

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Demz said:

i dont think you are banned as such, your getting the Forums Gremlin problem, you can fix that by clearing your CACHE an reloading the forum

I did that and now I can get in it Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ViperAFK said:

Yeah, that place is one of the biggest cesspools of negativity I've seen on the Internet. I was banned for having the gall to not hate australis

you gotta learn to ignore the Negative stuff on any forum. but whats gonna bother me is when Extensions will be just like Chrome's/Safari, rather limited as to what they will be able to do. an as for Mozilla ditching Flash, im sceptical of that, its a good thing but again its also a bad thing as the HTML5 video's will just play automatically without being able to block it, someone will have to write a extension to block html5 video at startup . as i can see a lot of Linux Distro's  are getting ready to go with the " freshplayerplugin "  whether distro's ditch firefox as default remains to be seen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.