Meet the browser: Firefox Next

It got backed out, broke too many things :laugh:

I've hit a couple of issues with APZ, but I'm not sure whether to file bugs for them because it's still so early (Desktop integration wise, they're already using it on Firefox OS) that things can change fairly quickly.

i wouldnt be surprised if Linux Distro's Ditch Mozilla Firefox as Default Browser an use Chromium as Default eventually

i wouldnt be surprised if Linux Distro's Ditch Mozilla Firefox as Default Browser an use Chromium as Default eventually

Why would they do that? Even if Mozilla Firefox sucked, no one would ever want to use a product closely related to google.

Why would they do that? Even if Mozilla Firefox sucked, no one would ever want to use a product closely related to google.

majority of the open-source browsers already use webkit, even pidgin3 will use webkit. Empathy is getting ported to webkit , Evolution now uses Webkit . probably much more uses webkit also. 

majority of the open-source browsers already use webkit, even pidgin3 will use webkit. Empathy is getting ported to webkit , Evolution now uses Webkit . probably much more uses webkit also. 

So? What does that have to do with anything? Should we also meation Chromium does NOT use Webkit but Blink which is a fork of Webkit?

Has been discussed for several years, but hasn't happened yet. I seem to remember Canonical considered it but didn't do it because Chromium packages tended to be out-of-date, among other things.

Has been discussed for several years, but hasn't happened yet. I seem to remember Canonical considered it but didn't do it because Chromium packages tended to be out-of-date, among other things.

well i do know that Chromium is Packaged for RHEL also. it hasnt happened yet but i reckon it will happen.

So? What does that have to do with anything? Should we also meation Chromium does NOT use Webkit but Blink which is a fork of Webkit?

whether it be webkit or blink iBlink is just a Different name, thats about all. its like MATE Linux DE, its still Gnome2

Google actually cares about Blink for starters.

Edit: Still not really a fan of how they're handling it though, they just realised a few months ago they couldn't replace JavaScript.

Firefox is going the way of IE 6 and Netscape.

It is dying and it is both sad, yet non surprising. Firefox has fallen below %10 http://www.computerworld.com/article/2893514/an-incredibly-shrinking-firefox-faces-endangered-species-status.html

The amazing savior of the internet from the crushing hands of IE 6 and endless security breaches forced webmasters to focus on standards and not Microsoft when the temptation hit. Without firefox the internet would become so proprietary that Chrome or mobile could never take off as workarounds and specific fixes for IE 6 would make up %100 of the web! But that changed. Firefox is a shell of itself while it has ignored users for many years with bloated releases and removal of features and add-ons that break as it keeps trying to update itself every 6 weeks.

Meanwhile both Chrome and IE have improved tremendously to fill in the void with webkit leading innovation. Time to move on. At this stage I use it to test a project I work on that is it. In another 5 years I shall ignore it as everyone will be using webkit by then and IE

well i do know that Chromium is Packaged for RHEL also. it hasnt happened yet but i reckon it will happen.

whether it be webkit or blink iBlink is just a Different name, thats about all. its like MATE Linux DE, its still Gnome2

Please stop making statements about things you have no idea what you are talking about...

• Like 1

It is dying and it is both sad, yet non surprising. Firefox has fallen below %10 http://www.computerworld.com/article/2893514/an-incredibly-shrinking-firefox-faces-endangered-species-status.html

The amazing savior of the internet from the crushing hands of IE 6 and endless security breaches forced webmasters to focus on standards and not Microsoft when the temptation hit. Without firefox the internet would become so proprietary that Chrome or mobile could never take off as workarounds and specific fixes for IE 6 would make up %100 of the web! But that changed. Firefox is a shell of itself while it has ignored users for many years with bloated releases and removal of features and add-ons that break as it keeps trying to update itself every 6 weeks.

Meanwhile both Chrome and IE have improved tremendously to fill in the void with webkit leading innovation. Time to move on. At this stage I use it to test a project I work on that is it. In another 5 years I shall ignore it as everyone will be using webkit by then and IE

Please stop making statements about things you have no idea what you are talking about...

as the poster above said 

• Like 1

Firefox is the best browser and I will use it for all of eternity if a new better browser doesn't come up.

Chrome is nasty.

None of my addons have broken, ever.

I don't see any features missing and Firefox is very light.

Hi 2009, nice to see you again.

WebKit usage is going down since it's as stagnant as IE6 was, even Google broke away from it so they could focus on standards support.

• Like 1

The comments on that article make me want to punch a baby

Yeah, they are. Too many comments about Brendan Eich being the reason they stopped using Firefox.

Well, they are not wrong. But the Brendan Eich fiasco is nothing compare to the bs Asa is causing though. His dictorial regine at Mozilla has propbably done more to push away developers interest than anything. A public corp running on donations isn't going to change Firefox's incompetence anytime soon. And people like Asa acts like Mozilla is the only game in town.

I'm glad Firefox's popularity is going down. It was only ever popular because people wanted something else other than IE in 2004. Now there's Chrome and god knows how many forks, it's open season for browsers. I'm sure once Spartan allows extension, it's gonna overtake Firefox in no time. Mozilla can take its legacy and drown in it.