Meet the browser: Firefox Next

2 hours ago, Gary7 said:

After 20 crashes in two days I say Adios Firefox and Hello Chrome

Extension related more than likely, a bad Profile? could; be. were you on Nightly or stable Firefox ?

No crashes here with the 64-bit build. Try checking your extensions, try a new Firefox profile and try enabling/disabling hardware acceleration. Also make sure you're using the latest Flash and graphics drivers.

32 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Since Firefox went to release 43.0.4 all is well. I have never seen so many release patches.

they have released a ..0.4 or a .1.1 many times before whether its an ESR or not

Firefox 3.6 had 28 point releases, since the move to rapid release there usually isn't enough time to make the new patches before a whole new version has been released.

It's unfortunate they had to re-enable SHA-1 signing for TLS certs in this release, turns out there's a lot of crappy middleware/antivirus/ad blockers that do MITM attacks on TLS connections, and a whole bunch of them issue faked SHA-1 signed certs to browsers. Disable SHA-1 and those certs start getting rejected, stopping the user from ever loading TLS sites, and instead of the user blaming the actual cause of their problem, they'll just blame Firefox (Which is probably why MS is holding out for another year to disable SHA-1)

12 hours ago, The_Decryptor said:

Firefox 3.6 had 28 point releases, since the move to rapid release there usually isn't enough time to make the new patches before a whole new version has been released.

It's unfortunate they had to re-enable SHA-1 signing for TLS certs in this release, turns out there's a lot of crappy middleware/antivirus/ad blockers that do MITM attacks on TLS connections, and a whole bunch of them issue faked SHA-1 signed certs to browsers. Disable SHA-1 and those certs start getting rejected, stopping the user from ever loading TLS sites, and instead of the user blaming the actual cause of their problem, they'll just blame Firefox (Which is probably why MS is holding out for another year to disable SHA-1)

I know but 3,6 was way before they started the Aurora and Beta programs. This latest release seems to be working just fine.

On 1/7/2016 at 3:32 PM, Gary7 said:

Since Firefox went to release 43.0.4 all is well. I have never seen so many release patches.

On 1/8/2016 at 8:48 AM, Gary7 said:

I know but 3,6 was way before they started the Aurora and Beta programs. This latest release seems to be working just fine.

It doesn't really look that abnormal to me --> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/releases/

Personally, I always prefer fixes. I don't think Firefox has ever crashed on me since stopped installing Flash three months ago.

Like I said, since 43.0.4 was released It no longer crashes. The default look of Firefox looks just like Chrome.. It seems Mozilla cannot be original..now. They used to be........

11 hours ago, Gary7 said:

I know but one can make it happen.

afaik, this is about Firefox, not windows10, take your problems with windows10 to another thread. 

Looks like Firefox 44 allows const and let just like IE, Edge, and Chrome. I can finally avoid var entirely in scripts.