Meet the browser: Firefox Next

45 minutes ago, Boo Berry said:

Tampermonkey (which is a WebExtension) is available on Firefox now, so there's that. I read the Greasemonkey devs don't really know where to proceed.

a lot of Chromes Extensions can be installed on firefox Now , from Firefox 48 i believe you could/can do that This is the Addon you need to install other Chrome Extensions in Firefox

2 hours ago, Demz said:

dunno vhow many use DownThemAll . but that could possibly go Bye Bye to, an im not 100% sure about GreaseMonkey either

If the DownThemAll dev seemed even remotely interested in updating or fixing the extension, it'd most likely continue to work fine in the future.

I think the issues with Greasemonkey are mostly down to a few of their APIs being synchronous and having defined ordering, something that isn't really allowed with WebExtensions (For good reason)

1 hour ago, The_Decryptor said:

If the DownThemAll dev seemed even remotely interested in updating or fixing the extension, it'd most likely continue to work fine in the future.

I think the issues with Greasemonkey are mostly down to a few of their APIs being synchronous and having defined ordering, something that isn't really allowed with WebExtensions (For good reason)

the Dev(s) that do DownThemAll there is a Nightly Version ( 3.1 ) but looking at his Rant on his page here the Dev has a Rant but why continue making a Nightly version ?  DownThemAll Trunk akka Nightlies

look on the bright side. its time for you firefox lovers to look for another browser or put upo with the changers. firefox is an will be DEAD by 57 an onwards , you might as well use Google Chrome

It won't be dead, it'll just change. Yes, there may be users who ditch Firefox, or stick with the ESR version until the next major version or switch to Pale Moon or even stick with an older Firefox release as long as they can. But it certainly won't be dead.

7 hours ago, Demz said:

look on the bright side. its time for you firefox lovers to look for another browser or put upo with the changers. firefox is an will be DEAD by 57 an onwards , you might as well use Google Chrome

By Firefox 57 there will be 4 or more processes and more addons will be multithreaded, firefox will be nice and smooth by then. I think this will result in more people using firefox, more than those lost by a reduction of addons.

You can already enable multiple content processes now in Firefox Stable, for testing purposes I have mine set to 99.

9 hours ago, Lyraull said:

Now this just plain sucks. I use a userChrome.css file to remove additional useless crap (e.g. recently bookmarked) from the bookmarks menu.

8 hours ago, Boo Berry said:

You can already enable multiple content processes now in Firefox Stable, for testing purposes I have mine set to 99.

Now this just plain sucks. I use a userChrome.css file to remove additional useless crap (e.g. recently bookmarked) from the bookmarks menu.

Ehh, with the change from XUL to HTML none of the tweaks would still apply anyway, though I'm not sure it's worth forcing those customisations into webextensions just to protect against cases where they break (And the user doesn't know or remember they made those tweaks)

On 12/03/2017 at 2:50 AM, Boo Berry said:

this is how old this userchrome.css removal is UserChrome.css Removal

On 3/11/2017 at 4:50 PM, Boo Berry said:

SNAG-0004.png

Hmm? :p

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Boo Berry said:

IMO, there's nothing wrong with gHacks for news.

Indeed there isn't. It's one of the few sites with news/articles regarding Firefox and its future. Martin(from gHacks) is doing an excellent job on keeping us updated.

11 minutes ago, Boo Berry said:

he is old News, never gets anything up to date

1 minute ago, Demz said:

he is old News, never gets anything up to date

Looking at some of the news stories, looks pretty up-to-date to me.

It's great for those users who don't want to search bugs on Bugzilla or search MozillaZine for any information.

2 hours ago, Boo Berry said:

gHacks is a pretty decent site with some helpful tutorials on it, Boo Berry speaks the truth!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...