Meet the browser: Firefox Next

7 hours ago, The_Decryptor said:

https://mozilla.invisionapp.com/share/ZKBC94BPQ#/screens/229252025

This got posted in one of the Photon bugs, the "Show all" button in the bottom right shows the grouping. No work in progress shots, just photoshop mockups (Some show a OS X style window shape on Windows, etc.)

Damn, I want the new UI NOW! :p Is there any possibility that we will see a theme/user style that will make the current Firefox look like Photon?

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/04/2017 at 8:33 PM, Konstantine said:

Damn, I want the new UI NOW! :p Is there any possibility that we will see a theme/user style that will make the current Firefox look like Photon?

i somehow dont think Mozilla will enable it till Firefox 56 Nightly comes out

31 minutes ago, The_Decryptor said:

None of it has even landed yet, any work is being done in private branches.

it'll be released to Nightly eventually to get User Feedback before its shipped in 57 final

Edited by Demz

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2017 at 1:54 AM, ViperAFK said:

I've been happily using firefox on my moto g4 for ages

i have occasionally looked at it on my Phone but i always end up deleting it in favor of Chrome

• 4 weeks later...

Never understood why the search bar still exists at all, since typing in the address bar will search anyway.

16 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

Never understood why the search bar still exists at all, since typing in the address bar will search anyway.

It exists because you can quickly change the search engine when you need to.

Just now, LimeMaster said:

You can add search engine keywords to the address bar...

1 minute ago, LimeMaster said:

but no other Browser has it an is not needed not in thios Modern era . im sure there are other ways to accom,plish that

6 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

You can add search engine keywords to the address bar...

You can't switch search engines from the address bar though.

6 minutes ago, Demz said:

but no other Browser has it an is not needed not in thios Modern era . im sure there are other ways to accom,plish that

Firefox is/was it's own thing. Nowadays it's trying too hard to emulate Chrome. The search bar is more reliable in the sense that it's only purpose is to search the selected search engine.

Just now, LimeMaster said:

You can't switch search engines from the address bar though.

Um, yes you can. I linked "image" to switch to search Google Images, "bing" to search Bing, "imdb" to search... well, IMDB. Etc. It isn't a big deal.

2 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

Um, yes you can. I linked "image" to switch to search Google Images, "bing" to search Bing, "imdb" to search... well, IMDB. Etc. It isn't a big deal.

I cannot see the option to switch search engine.

You can edit them under options > search > one click, just add the keyword. Chrome does it, too, under the settings > search options.

18 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

You can edit them under options > search > one click, just add the keyword. Chrome does it, too, under the settings > search options.

You're right.

I wasn't aware that feature existed to be honest. So thanks!

Other browsers DO  have it, do your homework,  also with 32 search engines remembering 'keywords' is a joke.

I barely use that confusing mess better known as the 'awesome bar, me thinks the moz devs don't have a clue how to use the search bar.

Edited by BudChekov
add wo

16 minutes ago, BudChekov said:

Other browsers DO  have it, do your homework,  also with 32 search engines remembering 'keywords' is a joke.

I barely use that confusing mess better known as the 'awesome bar, me thinks the moz devs don't have a clue how to use the search bar.

Who is using 32 search engines?

Currently? Me. :)

Using the old dropdown  list, (CTR brings it back), changing is rapid.

For instance I have two for AMO; One for Firefox Extensions one for Seamonkey ones. Cuts to the chase.

I'm sure we all have a number of 'major sites' we visit regularly, what better way to search them?

Edit: 33 now, I just added one for Neowin Forum.

Edited by BudChekov