Graphic Request Thread

Question

Please pin this and post all requests graphic related here - be it internet banners, avatars, sigs - you name it, just post them here and i, or the helpful neowin grpahics team will hopefully get to it... :D

Thread title edited, this is not an "offcial" request thread and not the only one, people may still make request threads, otherwise they would get buried in here. Thanks for understanding

Edited by Blaise

calm down sniperx (ha ha im only 16 jk) any way netgex

lol Trust me, I'm always calm, despite whatever tone my writing may take. I wake smiling and go to bed smiling. Could be wind, I suppose... :blink:

Heh, Wolfy could use a new sig if you're all up to it. I lost my old one when my hosting died, lost everything. A tasteful sig, not too big with a dark blue as the predominant color would be best. Thanks alot in advance.

sniperx did u make the water on  ur sig and if so how did u do it? cos its sweet

Without the time at the moment to do a tutorial, create a layer, fill with any colour. (Best using a gradient of several shades of blue.)

Use the Distort/Twirl tool filter at maximum setting. (You will, most likely, have to apply the filter a good three or four times, depending on the final effect wanted.

Once it starts to look very rippled, use the Edit/Transform/Perspective tool to drag the bottom corners outwards. (This will alter the perspective to make it appear 'flat'.)

Once you've got that, you'll need to play with the other Filter/Distort tools Wave, Zigzag, etc. To customize the effect. Without doing it all again, (which I will) I can't quite remember what I did. But the above will certainly get you going.

EDIT: Just remembered apply the gaussian blur (a lower end value I seem to remember) after the twirling.

Sniperx, i'm sick of your constant whining. jmann isn't being patronising whatsoever, he's just glad to see that other people are helping with the making of graphics too. he has recently been the major contributor to this thread, and, in my opinion, contributes a lot more than you do. he shouldn't need to check through everyone's profile just to see how old they are and then think whether what he is saying will offend anyone, you're just being ageist there. why should you, at 34, feel more patronised than anyone else? does being 34 give you some sort of god given right to feel patronised? i don't think so. i apologise if you think i'm being harsh, or if you think i'm patronising you or whatever, but that's just how i feel.

Edited by mark03

Grrr. You're doing it again. Patronising.

This isn't a factory where people place orders and we all churn out graphics under your guidance. Well, I certainly don't anyway. (I defend nothing like I defend my individuality.)

Now there may well be some historic moment here which I missed, being a relative newcomer and all that, but please, I for one can do without the patronising pat on the head unless it is absolutely required for some bizarre reason.

I 'try' to consider people's ages here when posting. I would ask that you perhaps consider the same thing. I'm 34 for Christ sake! lol

Grr, back to you! :laugh:

Why do you being 34 make yourself almighty and why do you like looking at peoples ages? Are you wierd or something?

Look man, I relise that post was Patronising and I didn't really know to be honest that I had written that post and it had been taken by you in that 'context'. Really. Yeah I am only 16, but who cares how old people are. Its what they do that counts I believe. Over the past months I have tried you provide lots of people with graphics and a service to you all but now, unfortunately due to other restrictions, I am having to leave Neowin, I might be able to see everyones work and compliment where nessecary as everyone working do just provide the most excellent Graphics and if you all work as a team you could create things which the mind could never do. People, you have done an excellent job and I have made lots of new friends and I will still speak to you in points where I feel right. Mark03 and Wing, I would like you to be the 'replace' of me, I know once again SniperX will have a go at me for that comment, but sorry mate, I don't give a cr** about you, and what you say. Sorry. :whistle: Well people, good luck for the future and enjoy yourselves and I hope that the people who request here on this thread appreciate the hard work and effort everyone puts in towards this thread. Good Luck for the future everyone.

Thanks for being so great everyone and speak to you all soon,

JMann :D

Mark03 and Wing, I would like you to be the 'replace' of me, I know once again SniperX will have a go at me for that comment, but sorry mate

I'm trying not to disappoint but, unlike some, it seems, I'm unable to view logging on, providing a graphic or two and making someone's life perhaps a tad easier, as any form of contest. I hate to drag age into it again but I'm just a tad too old for that.

If you don't like my blunt tone then that's something I'll live with. I didn't come here to make friends, but to create graphics for those unable to and to offer assistance where possible. No thanks, no praise, just something I enjoy doing.

It seems to me that you are quite happy to accept my short and methodical personality when it comes to me banging out a tutorial or similar without any procrastination, but no so keen when it comes to me stating my view. Again, I will live with that too. Now by all means, if I have broken any rules or just **** you off, report me and I'll accept whatever comes of it. If not then we must assume that I have merely stated my dislike for being patronised, for whatever reason and you don't like my view. If the latter is the case then you are as guilty as I in your rebuttals. So please, move on. This is not a contest that I will run in.

I hope that clarifies things.

Edited by SniperX

does being 34 give you some sort of god given right to feel patronised?
Not at all. But it does give me the confidence to say when I do without fear of peer-pressure, competition, or losing 'friends'.
i apologise if you think i'm being harsh, or if you think i'm patronising you or whatever, but that's just how i feel.

No apology needed. As I see it you have just done no more than I myself did. You stated how you feel about something.

@SniperX- Sorry about the argument thing :no:

No worries at all. It isn't the first, won't be the last. Let's just do what we do best - graphics?

how about you guys stop bickering, I don't come here to see people post long post defending themselves if you have a problem with how people are treating you about your age (which should stay confidential) then contact the admin otherwise this post is for graphic requests not defence post

and Gia I'm working on your banner as we speak