PSN Down

DON'T take this as fact, just sharing. (if not already posted)

http://assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32756

Bull&&&&. PSN trophies and purchases are stored locally on your PS3 HD, so there is no way they lost this information. They need to get their stuff together because I want to activate Portal 2 so I can play on my PC.

DON'T take this as fact, just sharing. (if not already posted)

http://assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32756

Guess I'll be snagging one of my extra hard drives and doing a backup; that way if they screw something up when it re-opens and I'm not able to use my content, I'll just restore it from the backup and go from there. They really must have ****ed a lot of people off by suing Mr. Hotz.

PSN Update

I know you are waiting for additional information on when PlayStation Network and Qriocity services will be online. Unfortunately, I don?t have an update or timeframe to share at this point in time.

As we previously noted, this is a time intensive process and we?re working to get them back online quickly. We?ll keep you updated with information as it becomes available. We once again thank you for your patience.

Since it's taking them this long, it can only be an issue with the auth system or related to it (an exploit in the purchase system perhaps?) - otherwise they would've rolled out a triage for it.

They're banning people in the DCUO PS3 forums now for asking for some information about the PSN downtime.

Well, I'm quite sure you could post us a link to said person or persons being banned and the unedited text where they are nicely asking about it?

They're banning people in the DCUO PS3 forums now for asking for some information about the PSN downtime.

Sony Online - hating their gamers since 1999.

They're idiots for asking in the forums of a specific game. They're not going to get extra information that way, and they're sure as hell not going to get extra information even if they post in the right section (the only place to get the updates on the situation is the PlayStation Blog). I'm willing to bet that there is a thread up in the PlayStation forums from Sony telling people to not post topics asking for more info about the downtime, and if there is, they probably said that they would ban people who don't listen, so if that's the case, it's their fault, and I have no sympathy for them.

Well, I'm quite sure you could post us a link to said person or persons being banned and the unedited text where they are nicely asking about it?

Since you're new to this let me try and explain so that even you can understand: there is nothing left to post as they cover their tracks quite nicely. There are no emails for Station forum bans, at least not yet from several league mates who have been banned. They're also deleting these 'psn downtime' threads as fast as they're started.

Perhaps you could then provide text and linkage proving me the liar you claim I am? No? I didn't think so.

Argh! This is frustrating because I bought the Portal 2 PS3 version because it comes with a free version of the game on the PC. But I can't play it on the PC until I link it up with my PSN account.

Sadly, all my friends have the PC version of Portal 2 so I can't play with them. :(

Is PSN still down, they better be putting something much more secured and give some kinda incentive to customer. Otherwise there are lot of people who're gonna be ****ed.

They're idiots for asking in the forums of a specific game. They're not going to get extra information that way, and they're sure as hell not going to get extra information even if they post in the right section (the only place to get the updates on the situation is the PlayStation Blog). I'm willing to bet that there is a thread up in the PlayStation forums from Sony telling people to not post topics asking for more info about the downtime, and if there is, they probably said that they would ban people who don't listen, so if that's the case, it's their fault, and I have no sympathy for them.

So, you have no idea what's going on. K. Rage much bro?

So, you have no idea what's going on. K. Rage much bro?

And neither do you, so don't think you're above the rest of us.

And it's a fair bet that they have been banned posting in the wrong section, because I just took a quick look at the PS3 General Discussion forum, and there are loads of different topics on the first page there asking about the outage, none of them locked.

And neither do you, so don't think you're above the rest of us.

And it's a fair bet that they have been banned posting in the wrong section, because I just took a quick look at the PS3 General Discussion forum, and there are loads of different topics on the first page there asking about the outage, none of them locked.

So that justifies a ban? Warn them, suspend them, etc. An outright ban is ridiculous for asking questions.

So that justifies a ban? Warn them, suspend them, etc. An outright ban is ridiculous for asking questions.

Well they're free to dispute their ban if they want to, according to the rules:

Politely dispute a ban. Emphasis on ?politely.? If you think the mods have banned you unfairly, please email us. Include your username and the email address you used to sign up. Verbally abusing the staff won?t get you anywhere and might increase the length of your ban. We?re a lot more likely to listen if you?re polite and courteous, and we won?t discuss bans or warnings with forum members or the general public.

So if all they really have done is just asked about the outage in the wrong section, then they can dispute and get their ban overturned.

Perhaps you could then provide text and linkage proving me the liar you claim I am? No? I didn't think so.

Onus probandi. Please, by all means - do present something to validate what you're saying.

So much epic fail from Sony right now, it's not even funny. Incompetent is the perfect definition for this company.

It would be worse of them if they just left their system open for hackers.... people need to think just a little amount. Just because something is taken down doesn't mean it is bad or that Sony is stupid. They are securing their network to make sure nothing bad will happen. If you don't like that, you must please post your credit card number below this post for us all, as you obviously do not care about things being protected.

Incompetence falls upon those who fail to see why this is a good thing for the PSN users. It's a free service, so no one is losing anything of importance. I'd rather they take it down for a month and make it the most secure environment for it's users than have it up and open to hackers to abuse security holes. And all systems are prone to having hackers get into them. At least as I said before, with a free service, you don't lose out on anything.

Those who are losing out on game play that they paid for ( DC online and PSN+ Subs ), will hopefully be compensated for lost time, which is all a person can ask for.

It would be worse of them if they just left their system open for hackers.... people need to think just a little amount. Just because something is taken down doesn't mean it is bad or that Sony is stupid. They are securing their network to make sure nothing bad will happen. If you don't like that, you must please post your credit card number below this post for us all, as you obviously do not care about things being protected.

Incompetence falls upon those who fail to see why this is a good thing for the PSN users. It's a free service, so no one is losing anything of importance. I'd rather they take it down for a month and make it the most secure environment for it's users than have it up and open to hackers to abuse security holes. And all systems are prone to having hackers get into them. At least as I said before, with a free service, you don't lose out on anything.

Those who are losing out on game play that they paid for ( DC online and PSN+ Subs ), will hopefully be compensated for lost time, which is all a person can ask for.

Agreed, and I never said different. It's still an epic fail. I am a PSN+ subscriber, but I really don't care about any compensation. It's a trivial amount for me anyway. 13 cents a day, aint no thing.