DPyro

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 April 2011 - 20:50

I'm pretty sure I removed my CC info earlier :ermm:

#242 kraized

kraized

Slam Dunk My Funk!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 20:54

Blimey, this breach is getting more serious by the day. :shifty: :blink: :shiftyninja:

#243 Massiveterra

Massiveterra

◕ ◡ ◕

Posted 26 April 2011 - 20:55

Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state, zip), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained. While there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained.

So it's 2011 and none of that data was encrypted?

#244 jelli

jelli

Long time lurker, slow time poster!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 20:58

So it's 2011 and none of that data was encrypted?

Maybe it was encrypted like the old PS3 Firmware :p

It's a pretty bad breach of security and loss of personal information. Going to be some fallout from this.

#245 spudtrooper

spudtrooper

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia 920

Posted 26 April 2011 - 21:17

Maybe it was encrypted like the old PS3 Firmware :p

It's a pretty bad breach of security and loss of personal information. Going to be some fallout from this.

Its gone from bad to worse. I don't own a ps3, but starting to feel bad for you guys that do. i can poke fun at downtime, but the last thing i would wish on anyone is the hell of going through identity theft.

#246 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 26 April 2011 - 21:22

Its gone from bad to worse. I don't own a ps3, but starting to feel bad for you guys that do. i can poke fun at downtime, but the last thing i would wish on anyone is the hell of going through identity theft.

+1

#247 Travis959

Travis959

Neowinian

Posted 26 April 2011 - 21:35

So much for this being only Sony's problem, now every one of its users has to worry about their information being out there somewhere.

Not saying its entirely Sony's fault for this, but there really should have been more failsafes to help protect against this.

What a mess.

#248 Miuku.

Miuku.

A damned noob

Posted 26 April 2011 - 21:44

Unless.. it's an inside job. Disgruntled employee, developer or someone with access to the files in question or possibly assisted by someone working for them.

#249 Lexcyn

Lexcyn

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 26 April 2011 - 21:45

Good thing the credit card details I had on PSN are so old they are expired. Just sucks about the passwords etc. Friggen Sony man I swear.

#250 SkyDX

SkyDX

Anime Computer Enthusiast^^

Posted 26 April 2011 - 22:02

I changed my PSN password earlier this month before the outtage, that means my old password shouldn't have been on the servers anymore, right?

#251 Soulsiphon

Soulsiphon

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 April 2011 - 22:07

US Senator now concerned with Sony's response (or lack thereof)

#252 Massiveterra

Massiveterra

◕ ◡ ◕

Posted 26 April 2011 - 22:50

Is our Netflix account information in jeopardy? Or is that a separate API?

#253 Matt

Matt

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 April 2011 - 22:59

Is our Netflix account information in jeopardy? Or is that a separate API?

It shouldn't. Information like that should be stored in a local cache. But I guess you may never know with Sony.

#254 CentralDogma

CentralDogma

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 April 2011 - 23:03

PlayStation Network Log Of Hacker Leaked!

#255 Unrealistic

Unrealistic

Laughter is all we have.

Posted 26 April 2011 - 23:04

This is exactly why a hardware company should never create their own rushed software to compete with a software company that created their own hardware. Yes, there were hardware issues, but I would rather have that then what is happening now.

I'm so ****ed off by this. I barely use this ****ing console, and now my personal data is insecure because of it? I don't honestly care what the "hackers" did. If Sony had their **** together with this patch-bull**** we call Playstation Network, this wouldn't have happened.

At least they are re-doing PSN from a security standpoint; it's the only good thing about this issue. I was just about to start purchasing multi-platform games on my PS3 because some of them are better than their counter parts. Now? No way in hell.

Edit: I understand that some of what I say may be considered flame-bait, but it is not. I'm just really ****ed off about this. I am so sick of my data being compromised as of late. First, it was Best Buy, then Ashampoo, and now Sony, which has definitely leaked the most data of mine.