PSN Down

Sony previously commented that the apparently worldwide network outage may be more than a simple technical error, saying that they are

looking into ?the possibility of targeted behaviour by an outside party.?

Could be an attack

Anonymous says they've got nothing to do with it, but they were promising something big.

Amazon Cloud is down. Once that gets fixed PSN will be up.

Not the CLOUD! zOMG. Take down PSN but not the cloud..

Wasn't Anon's "assault" supposed to happen on the 16th... not the 21st?

Not the CLOUD! zOMG. Take down PSN but not the cloud..

Wasn't Anon's "assault" supposed to happen on the 16th... not the 21st?

Their protests happened on the 16th. The future attacks were not dated, to my knowledge.

Most people on Neowin are American, and it's early out here.

Engadget doesn't know what's up, either. It doesn't appear to be Anonymous, though. Probably just a network problem -- has happened before on both the Playstation and Xbox.

Really last time i checked they were european do not presume!!!!

Hm, I've seen PSN and XBL drop for a hour hours at a time, but days is quite a long amount of time. Must be something big, or something small that screwed everything up.

On an unrelated side-note, is anyone having problems with Xbox Live? My brother says he's having problems playing FIFA 11 online, says it's taking him ages to get games played. I'd immediately assume it's EA's fault as usual. :p But I just wanted to check and see if anyone here was having any problems?

Might get that 15 month playstation plus offer myself if i can get on.

But considering services like these hardly ever have any downtime, i think a day here or there for some is acceptable.

Some people were mentioning they were trying to get on PSN at 7am, why would you want to at that time?

madness!

Some people were mentioning they were trying to get on PSN at 7am, why would you want to at that time?

madness!

Hey, not everyone's in the same timezone! :p But 7am over here is a good time to play if you like playing against nocturnal Yanks. :p

anonnews.org seems to be down currently as well

So it is!

lol, you won't catch me up at 7am to play on PSN.

Although i do work during the day so that's not gonna happen even if i wanted to :(

I do however don't think this outage was planned, specially not on the day of release of the 2 must anticipated games for a while

- Mortal Kombat

- Portal 2

They would look incompetent, oh wait..they already do.

Thankfully enough I'm a Gamer who has all three formats so when one's down, I'll just move to the next so not much loss.

I'm in on PSN. Though my console apparently never turned itself off from last night :/ ... not sure if I am only logged in because I was always in and it is something that affects those who are trying to reconnect, or if it is just back up...

But I just bought Socom 4 and The Fight Lights Out, and I'm dling The Fight update right now :)

Anon won.

For a few days and then what? OtherOS reappears, Sony allow unsigned code, and every household is allowed to play backups online? :laugh: :p

Nahhhh, absolutely nothing changes... Great protest.

And of course I got SOCOM 4 in the mail today from Gamefly. Oh well, will check out the SP for a bit to get used to the controls anyway.

And of course I got SOCOM 4 in the mail today from Gamefly. Oh well, will check out the SP for a bit to get used to the controls anyway.

LoL, I made my purchase for it today as well.... But, you level up guns in single player for online, so I guess it gives us a reason to start it up. Add me to your friends list if not already.

LoL, I made my purchase for it today as well.... But, you level up guns in single player for online, so I guess it gives us a reason to start it up. Add me to your friends list if not already.

Cool good to know, and you are already on it.

Good thing is though, PSN is working for me, no issues at all. (Y)

Still going to check out SP first though, kind of a little ritual of mine, that and I do not have much time until I eat dinner with the misses.

EDIT - And PSN is now down for me. :laugh: Did grab the update though, so that is nice.