PSN Down

"He also noted that those customers tend to be Black Ops or Modern Warfare 2 players."

Not really concerned about having less of those around the PSN spouting dumb crap through their mics.

(Y)

More often than not I mute everyone in the game.

Then you get the MAG players, patiently biding their time until PSN comes back...

Then you get the MAG players, patiently biding their time until PSN comes back...

Somewhat true for me. I got it recently but still can't really get in to it. The lack of PSN doesn't help matters, of course. :laugh:

Yeah, there is a bit more of a learning curve with that game. I find it a lot more interesting than the Call of Duty games though. I think it's the inherent feeling of teamwork that MAG delivers; something CoD just doesn't.

Yeah, there is a bit more of a learning curve with that game. I find it a lot more interesting than the Call of Duty games though. I think it's the inherent feeling of teamwork that MAG delivers; something CoD just doesn't.

Really? I've still felt like I've been on my own, with the exception of once where I was in a vehicle with some other people trying to storm a gate.

That said, I am completely aware that I haven't given it enough of a chance yet. Once the PSN is back up I'll be back to it.

Is GameStop in the UK? No. Is the article about the UK? Yes. Your brother may as well work in McDonald's.

?We?re just ten days into the month and already we have an increase of 200 per cent in PS3s coming into the store compared to all of March."

Do you really think there would be a story if it went from 1 console to 2? Really?

Paint as many pictures as you like, condensing ****. I don't have to prove **** to you.

:rofl: Might as well have worked at McDonald's? That's the silliest thing I've heard on Neowin in a while, so kudos on that. Because it's not like the gaming industry trends in America and the UK aren't pretty analogous for the most part, now is it? Not like they're in the exact same industry, now are they? Not like they're both the same type of store, eh? Not like they both offer trade-in deals, huh? Not like the only significant difference between them is location, right?

If you would stop trying to make a point with asinine logic, I wouldn't be condescending ("condensing" in your words, I suppose).

Yet, I bet you would be the first to moan if "gas" prices doubled...

Read the entire conversation, please. The gas price already operates at a high base number -- the amount of gas bought per day across the world is insanely high, as is the average amount and frequency with which an individual purchases gas.

My preceding posts already addressed your point, so why do I need to make yet another counter argument? All you're trying to do is change the discussion into something it's not by distracting away from the issue of the overall amount of trade-ins. If two sales still aren't a lot, then that disproves your point, does it not? Because no one's arguing that two isn't more than one, but good straw man.

How am I trying to change the discussion when you were the one replying to me with some kind of beyond my point "counter" argument?

My point still remains whether you get it or not, which apparently you don't and I don't yours.

How am I trying to change the discussion when you were the one replying to me with some kind of beyond my point "counter" argument?

My point still remains whether you get it or not, which apparently you don't and I don't yours.

I fully get your point, and no, it's not a counter-point, it's just an attempt to distract from the discussion we've been having. Your "counter-argument's" implication is that because two is more than one, two is a large number by comparison. That's not an argument. I don't see anyone arguing that a larger number of trade-ins has occurred -- that information was quite clearly in the article itself, which is why your argument is a straw man.

You've already admitted as much to the discussion we're having (which is essentially whether or not the amount of trade-ins occuring is enough to amount to more than a hill of beans):

Is it drastic in the sense that it will affect the PS community of over 70 million (or whatever)? Absolutely not lol.

I was thinking of buying red dead redemption today; will i still be able to play it even though the PSN is still down? I wasnt sure whether it would need updates prior to the first play and if so would this still be possible?

I was thinking of buying red dead redemption today; will i still be able to play it even though the PSN is still down? I wasnt sure whether it would need updates prior to the first play and if so would this still be possible?

Game updates still work since it doesnt go through PSN servers. I was thinking about getting the same game also but I might wait until the price goes down and get Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

yeah game updates and installs work fine, so no problem there. can't believe they didn't get it back working for this weekend...it's just ridiculous at this point.

There was a rumor that Sony might enable a new feature early, outside the timetable of releases planned for 2011 with the Webkit and ecosystem (NGP & Android) updates coming to the PS3.

Cross game chat and a Chrome browser was mentioned. We all know Chrome isn't coming, it's a GTK webkit. Cross game chat will probably require Collabora's Telepathy installed and running. Webkit & GTK toolkit are probably going to be integrated into the PS3 OS so those coming outside the timetable is unlikely. But if released early it might affect some games thus my questions (below).

The above might support PSN changes, what changes? That's the reason for my questions: New hoops because of new PSN features affecting games? Planned timetables for release of new Sony SDKs and resulting required updates to games now messed up?

Anyone hearing from developers on this issue?

also

Report: Amazon cloud servers used to hack PSN

To the Cloud

Citing an anonymous source, the report (via Venture Beat) states that the account with Amazon was legitimate, although the hackers used an alias to set up the data center rental agreement.

Once the account with Amazon?s Elastic Compute Cloud service for web-based business was launched, the hacker attacked the PSN servers. Obviously, the account with Amazon has since been shuttered.

Amazon both declined to comment on the source?s claims to Bloomberg, and there?s no word whether or not the legal officials involved will be able to trace the culprit through the service or not.

SCEA?s Patrick Seybold told Bloomberg that since the investigation into the hacking of PSN was still ongoing, it ?will not comment further on this matter.?

http://www.vg247.com/2011/05/14/report-amazon-cloud-servers-used-to-hack-psn-sony-issues-statement-to-devs/