Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DocM

World War Z (2013)

68 posts in this topic

World War Z

Studio: Paramount

Shoots: June, 2011

Director: Marc Forster (Quantum of Solace, Finding Neverland, Monsters Ball, Stranger Than Fiction)

Producers: Plan B Productions (Brad Pitt's company)

Writing: Max Brooks (novel); J. Michael Straczynski (script); Matt Carnahan (script)

Synopsis: Ten years after the human victory over the world wide Zombie epidemic, referred to as World War Z, United Nations Postwar Commission agent Max Brooks scours the world collecting the stories and experiences of those who have survived the conflict that almost eradicated humanity.

Cast -

Max Brooks: Brad Pitt

Mrs. Brooks: Mireille Enos (The Killing, Big Love)

I read the book and it was great. I'm looking forward to the idea of a film, but I want to wait until more details are released (as in, how are they going to do this?) before I start jumping up and down. Although hearing that Brad Pitt might be involved has caught my interest, for sure.

EPIC transformation. :cool:

Looks good but I still don't get the world's obsession with Zombies.

2 people like this

Those zombies don't look like the ones from the book :(

oh my days, those swarms of zombies look awesome! Read the book, love it!

ibm4iKzHN2bw83.jpg

Holy crap. Can't wait for this now.

If you read the books though, that's not at all how the zombies act. I hope they didn't take too much liberty with it.

UGH, the CGI zombie animations didnt seem very good looking. Looked a bit cartoony flopping around as they did in that preview. Also, why does it seem like zombies are getting faster and faster lol?

The book was an awesome read. Been waiting for this one. Mel Brooks, Max's dad, is also suppossedly making History of the World Part II.

UGH, the CGI zombie animations didnt seem very good looking. Looked a bit cartoony flopping around as they did in that preview. Also, why does it seem like zombies are getting faster and faster lol?

to me they looked 28 Days zombies...those are scarier imo

1 person likes this

I absolutely loved the book. Read it in like a day on my honeymoon actually. Definitely looking forward to this just based on my love for the book. With that said, i tend to be disappointed when I love the book.

I prefer the fast zombies! But I agree that the zombies in this trailer looked a little cartoonish.

ib1YXgGcJgNj2q.jpg

Oh the coincidence. I've just finished reading Max Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide ("prequel" to the World War Z book, that I'll start reading in the upcoming days), then I see this and all I have to say is "what the **** is this ****?!?" O_o

I look for it to be a good movie. Brad Pitt movies usually are.

looks boring like every single zombies movie. brad pitt has reached new low, too bad for him.

The CGI seemed off, this should have been a HBO miniseries so they could do it like the book.

Sounds kinda good but honestly I'm so fatigued with Zombies that I don't think I will watch anything involving them for a long time.

Sounds kinda good but honestly I'm so fatigued with Zombies that I don't think I will watch anything involving them for a long time.

it goes in fads...a few years ago it was Vamps and now its Zombies due to Walking Dead so next we are due... Leprechauns?

it goes in fads...a few years ago it was Vamps and now its Zombies due to Walking Dead so next we are due... Leprechauns?

Maybe Werewolves?