World War Z (2013)

World War Z

Studio: Paramount

Shoots: June, 2011

Director: Marc Forster (Quantum of Solace, Finding Neverland, Monsters Ball, Stranger Than Fiction)

Producers: Plan B Productions (Brad Pitt's company)

Writing: Max Brooks (novel); J. Michael Straczynski (script); Matt Carnahan (script)

Synopsis: Ten years after the human victory over the world wide Zombie epidemic, referred to as World War Z, United Nations Postwar Commission agent Max Brooks scours the world collecting the stories and experiences of those who have survived the conflict that almost eradicated humanity.

Cast -

Max Brooks: Brad Pitt

Mrs. Brooks: Mireille Enos (The Killing, Big Love)

I read the book and it was great. I'm looking forward to the idea of a film, but I want to wait until more details are released (as in, how are they going to do this?) before I start jumping up and down. Although hearing that Brad Pitt might be involved has caught my interest, for sure.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

UGH, the CGI zombie animations didnt seem very good looking. Looked a bit cartoony flopping around as they did in that preview. Also, why does it seem like zombies are getting faster and faster lol?

The book was an awesome read. Been waiting for this one. Mel Brooks, Max's dad, is also suppossedly making History of the World Part II.

UGH, the CGI zombie animations didnt seem very good looking. Looked a bit cartoony flopping around as they did in that preview. Also, why does it seem like zombies are getting faster and faster lol?

to me they looked 28 Days zombies...those are scarier imo

• Like 1

I absolutely loved the book. Read it in like a day on my honeymoon actually. Definitely looking forward to this just based on my love for the book. With that said, i tend to be disappointed when I love the book.

I prefer the fast zombies! But I agree that the zombies in this trailer looked a little cartoonish.

Oh the coincidence. I've just finished reading Max Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide ("prequel" to the World War Z book, that I'll start reading in the upcoming days), then I see this and all I have to say is "what the **** is this ****?!?" O_o

Sounds kinda good but honestly I'm so fatigued with Zombies that I don't think I will watch anything involving them for a long time.

it goes in fads...a few years ago it was Vamps and now its Zombies due to Walking Dead so next we are due... Leprechauns?