What is the scariest movie you've watched?

Chalk up another vote for Event Horizon; one of the few movies that still scares the crap out of me. Alien is a piece of **** by comparison. I remember having nightmares for several weeks after watching it for the first time (I was 14).

I don't know what it is about the film. The plot is silly, but it's executed extremely well. The tension just mounts and mounts and mounts. Excellent acting all-around and top notch production. I was shocked when I later found out that about 30 minutes of additional violence and gore were cut from the film due to feedback from test audiences. I don't even want to imagine how graphic the original was. :x

Tricky one this.

When I was younger I watched Stephen King's IT, which scared me, I've not seen a scary film since, mainly because I've grown up. I've also seen It recently and wasn't scared, confused eh? :p

I don't remember which one of the series it was, but I would have to go with one of the Candyman Movies. I was like 13, maybe 14. I was watching it at my friends house, we ended up shutting it off. We would freak out whenever the sound of the bees came on. It was like midnight and I walked home (Just down the street) but I was like paranoid I would start hearing bees.

Can't say I've really been scared watching 'horror" movies because to me they really aren't scary. Same holds true for comedies, not really funny. I prefer action or suspense or even science fiction.

Anyway, if I had to pick one that had the potential to be scary I guess I would pick A nightmare on Elmstreet the original. Back in the day it was pretty intense.

Of the recent ones, I gotta say "A Serbian Film." Not really scary in the usual 'jump out your seat' sense, more of extremely disturbing and leaves you feel rotten on the inside after you've done watching it. Tough subject matter.

I used to watch horror films as a child and they were never that bad they'd make you jump but that was it, you knew they weren't real so there was nothing to be scared of, the only film which ironically wasn't scary but I was terrified after watching was Silence of the Lambs I couldn't sleep I was only 6 and I thought Hannibal was real and was going to kill then eat me. :cry:

Just watched " The Vanishing on 7th Street". Was good up until the end. Had good suspense and an evil force...but the movie fails to answer anything it throws at you, and the ending is so lack luster. While it is a good watch, you will feel cheated.

I'm not usually bothered by scary movies but the first Ring was scary to me.

Me neither, but that one got me at the edge of my seat! :o

A movie that makes me somewhat scared is The Mothman Prophecies.

I don't know why but every time I watch it I feel tense and uncomfortable.

When I was a kid, I watched the Fly. Didn't sleep that night...

"Event Horizon" (god I love that film) and "Rosemary's Baby" back in the day.

Another Event Horizon vote. Saw it in theaters on a whim, my buddy and I were the only ones in there and we left going "man, that was creepy".

For me it would have to be poltergeist II!

And the reason is because of the character Henry Kane played by the late Julian Beck!

Try watching the scenes with Henry Kane when your all alone late at night in your bedroom and tell me you are not scared?

Can you imagine waking up in the middle of the night and seeing this man looking at you beside your bed!

th_03561_2_122_32lo.jpg

I have watched a hell of a lot of horror movies in my 35 years and nothing even comes close to scaring me like those Henry Kane scenes in poltergeist II!

Now having said that the first poltergeist movie on a whole was even more scary and overall a much better movie. But there was no Henry Kane in that one. Atleast not in human form :)

If you guys like horror movies and if you have not seem them already make sure you watch poltergeist 1 and 2. Poltergeist III was not that great.

The movie It. I watched that when I was 10, and that movie got me into scary movies!

In my previous comment I forgot to comment about Stephen King's "It".

I was about 8 years old when I first watched it. That movie, because of my age at the time, made me feel scared for months.

I seen Nightmare on Elm Street back in 1990's and I got into trouble because I threw the video away. I'd always have the dream of the sewer that never ended and you hear like a goat at the end of the tunnel. There's also "It" as well, and I hate clowns.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've never seen a movie that's scared me except for Le Exorcist. I was forced to watch it as a child and it haunted me!

I've never seen a movie that's scared me except for Le Exorcist. I was forced to watch it as a child and it haunted me!

I watched The Exorcist while on student exchange in Italy (10th grade, not long before my 16th birthday). I didn't understand half of what was said, but the visuals scared the **** out of me.