What is the scariest movie you've watched?

Lindsay Lohan ...

Just wait til you see that "Thing" in Playboy! Ewww. Photoshopers are going to have their work cut out of them.

• 1 month later...

Hard one to answer. Movies don't "scare" me as I'm watching them. It's the psychological effects they have on me afterwords.

So, with that in mind, I would say The Exorcist has stuck with me the longest as far as, if I start thinking about it, I can freak myself out. Which is funny because I don't even believe in that stuff. I think it's just the imagery that gets me. The uncontrolled stabbing of the crotch probably the most.

• 3 weeks later...

Omen (The original One) when I was a kid, it put the fear of God in me.

The Exorcist 3, Brad Dourif in full flow is terrifying. And the hospital scene is a jump out your seat fright

First two Hellraisers, John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness.

And has everyone forgotten about Phantasm? The first two were pretty damn scary!

Course I watched all these before age ten. Nowadays, like some others here, I just overanalyze movies (makeup, CG effects, camera angles, etc.)

• 1 month later...

Poltergeist and The Shining.

this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084787/ (made me paranoid for days) and this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103873/ (couldn't sleep for two days); runner up: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099740/ (that homicidal bot...)

i should mention that i used to watch these kind of movies back when i was a child; nowdays they just seem silly...

btw: yeah i love the old classics!

Back in the day "when I was like 12" Freddy Kreuger movies scared the crap outta me. I now have to sit with the lights off around 2am to watch a film on the off chance it will scare me.

Here are a couple that have managed to freak me out as an adult

The Last Exorcism

Insideous

• 1 month later...

Ghost Ship

?This was an completely underrated movie! Bloody scary if you ask me!

This movie was awesome! Couple scary bits.. like when the girl is standing at the top of the ladder. It had about the same fear level as Thir13en ghosts.

• 2 weeks later...

Was pretty much brough up on horrors so don't really get scared by them, when i was little The Exorcist use to put the Sh*ts up me!.

Saw The women in black not too long ago, it's a 12A.. impossible to be scary.

I recently re-watched Hellraiser 2 and I thought that was extremely creepy. More recent horror films fail to make you feel that way. I wouldn't say it's a really scary film, it just gives me the creeps. xD

I recently re-watched Hellraiser 2 and I thought that was extremely creepy. More recent horror films fail to make you feel that way. I wouldn't say it's a really scary film, it just gives me the creeps. xD

Ahh the suffering, the sweet sweet suffering!.

Got Hellraisers 1-3 on VHS, old school.

agreed! I loved that film

Wasn't that about the ship passing through the Bermuda triangle?